Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay Kumar Garg
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar GargYour feedback matters!
Very humble and skill person.
Technology is both boon and bane. Most jobs nowadays are partially automated, and it has become necessary for many to work long hours on the computer. If you are one such person, then you might be experiencing one or many symptoms related to eyes. The eye muscles get fatigued when eyes stare on the computer screen for a long time, and this can cause a host of eye problems. Referred to as Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), the condition can range from eye pain to problems with eye sight.
The following is a short account of a few simple but effective measures that you can follow to avoid eye problems caused by extensive use of computers.
- Simple Tips to Follow: Eye care regimen should be followed by everyone, but special care needs to be taken by the individuals who always works on the computers and has to look on the screen at all the times. The current digital age has greatly altered the way we use our eyes. Here are few simple tips you can follow in this regard.
- Take Eye Breaks: You should make it a point to turn your eyes away from the screen of the computer for giving a break to the eyes. While working at the computer, it is to be made sure to take a break every 20 minutes and look away at least 20 feet for a duration of about 20 seconds. This is more popularly known as the 20 – 20 Rule and very helpful for the eyes.
- Frequent Blinking: Frequent blinking leads to spread of tear film. It might happen that you need to stare at the screen of the computer for a long period of time which denies you of taking any kind of breaks. In this situation, it is recommended that you should blink more frequently which is beneficial for the health of the eyes.
- Use Eye Drops: This can be another healthy tip for the maintaining good and healthy eyes. Using the eye drops for the eyes which are actually artificial tears or eye lubricants which play a crucial role in reducing the strain in the eyes always keeping the eyes hydrated. One point is to be remembered here is that the eye drops should be used after consultation with an ophthalmologist so that no side effects arise later on.
- Using Computer Glasses: The individuals who heavily use computers can use single vision glasses for creating a gap between the eyes and the screen of the computer. A mininmum of 30 inches from eye is required. This can have a significant impact on the health of the eyes.
- Orthoptic Exercises: Certain types of muscle imbalances (forms of strabismus) can be improved with eye exercises. This form of therapy is called orthoptic therapy. The most common disorders that respond to orthoptic therapy are convergence insufficiency and intermittent exotropia.
- Anti-glare Screens: Anti-glare glasses can certainly help you work from your laptop screen more comfortably, but you can also protect your eyes by adjusting the screen so it's in a good position for your eye line. Remember to give your eyes a break every now and then by focusing on something in the distance.
Apart from these practices, adopting healthy lifestyle habits such as eating a balanced diet, exercising, quitting smoking and wearing sunglasses while out can help preserve eye health in general. Also, it is essential to undergo regular eye check up to catch any eye problems at its early stages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
8 years ago I hv beaten my head to a wall. My forehead is swelled. N it reds come into my eyes. It aoutmaticlly that sawool gone. An some time I hv pain in my head. I fell chaker n pain in left side ful head to neck. What should I do. Till now I hv not taken any treatment.
I am asking for how to increase breast size ? I seen and read something on YouTube and google. There suggests for massages and breast toner cream they creams are effective or not .and they harmful for women or not. I am working women that why I asking for creams she has busy schedule. So please suggest that good for us.
Sir my eye sight is soo bad and the number of my eye is-1.00 and - 3.5 what can I do to improve my eye give ne suggestions and tell the cost of lasik surgery of my eye.
I am 54 yrs. I have black patches on my both side of eyes. Can I know the reasons and medications in home, Ayurvedic and allopathy?
I feel headache and in to eyes with but not know why it is so please tell me that how will we get well.
I have red eyes in three day and they are coming after two three months regularly what can do for my eyes please tell me.
While most of us complain of eye problems as pain or redness or itching or excessive tearing, there is more to it than what meets the eye! As with all diseases, the homeopath will try to unravel the problem in its deeper form. A detailed discussion to ask related symptoms happens, after which a diagnosis will be made. Treatment is then done accordingly which will not just get rid of the eye symptoms but also improve the overall health of the person.
Conditions like cataract and glaucoma need to be surgically corrected; however, others can be managed via homeopathic medicines effectively. The following are the top five homeopathic medicines described along with the symptoms in which they are used. A detailed discussion with your homeopath to arrive at the diagnosis should definitely precede use of these medications. Self-medication is not advised.
Mercurius - Mercurial preparations are used when the following symptoms are seen:
- Thickened, red eyelids that are worse at night
- Profuse, offensive-smelling discharge that causes burning
- Boils around the eyes with pus formation
- Floaters in the eyes
- Worsens with warmth and damp weather
- Syphilitic eye infections
Belladonna: One of the most widely used eye remedies in homeopathy; it is extremely useful in the following situations
- Ophthalmic conditions with severe inflammation, dryness,
- Injected eyes with iritis or retinitis
- Fear of light (photophobia)
- Eyes affected due to excessive light or poor light
- Retinal hemorrhage conditions
- Sudden, acute onset of these symptoms
- Great intolerance to light
Euphrasia and Allium cepa: This is used as a combo, with both used in similar situation but with contradicting symptoms. The person has symptoms similar to hay fever or cold.
While euphrasia is used where there is a bland nasal discharge and burning tears, allium is used when there is a strong burning sensation with nasal discharge. Some doctors even try one, and if it is not effective, they prescribe the other one. Other conditions where Euphrasia and Allium cepa are used include:
- Watery eyes that blink frequently
- Acute catarrhal conjunctivitis
- Bland and watery coryza
- Burning of the eyes with corrosion of the margins
- Opaque, blistering cornea with thick discharge
- Eye swelling improves when in open air, worsens in the evening and with light
Arsenica - This common homeopathy medicine is used in the following situations:
- Sharp eye pain caused by day light
- Closing eyes produces pain in the eyes
- Running of letters when trying to read
- Affected tear ducts
- Cataracts in office goes
- Worsened during new moon and cold weather, improved with warmth.
These are some common homeopathy medicines, but again, as noted above, self-medication should be avoided. Any of these should be used only if prescribed by a homeopath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.