Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay Kumar GargYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from nearsightedness. My contact lens is - 3.0. What should I do to decrease the contact lens no.
Hello Doctor, My Ms. Is suffering from dry eye since 2013. Due to medical reaction and she is still having dry eye. So,I hope you will suggest proper treatment. Thanks.
Im 21 year old my problem is eye My profession is welder from one month when I see anything there seem a small black hol Its size is very short in those days Please suggest me about treatment.
I have problem seeing far things. One doctor prescribed glasses with power OD: sph -1.25, cyl +0.50 axs 64, OS: sph -1.25, cyl +1.0 axs 89, which I find bit uncomfortable. I think its not accurate. When I tested again, another doctor gave right: sph 0, cyl -0.50 axs 160, left: sph 0, cyl - 0.75, axis 180 Why is second testing gave CYL negative. Is this okay?
In my RE I have spherical of minus. 5 of sprecal and minus 1 cylindrical and in LE. 75 of only sphericAl. How to remove spectacles naturally without surgery? Please help.
My eyes is red based on that how can I cure this problem? I tried 10hr sleeping but still it is countiueing how can I remove this problem.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.