Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Tendon injury in knee no fracture. Pain in walking. No swelling it was subside while wearing knee cap.
My father's age is 58. There is too much pain in my father's leg knee joint pain. What to eat to get relief from this pain.?
It’s true that physical activities and sports can do wonders for your health. But, they can also be dangerous for your health, when it comes to injuries. While on one hand exercise provides you relief from stress, it can leave you with different kinds of injuries. However, there is no need to worry as these injuries are treatable. They can be treated by physical therapies. Here are some of the common injuries that can be cured by physical therapy:
- Ligament tearing and damage of tendons: This condition is very painful. It occurs due to any accident, trauma or serious injury at the time of exercising or sports activity. Sometimes, it is required to undertake a surgery in order to fix up the tendons or ligaments. However, physical therapy can treat this condition.
- Tendinitis: It is a common condition. It is nothing but the inflammation of the tissues around muscles and bones. This usually occurs in the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, or ankle.
- Fractures: This is a very common type of injury. Be it skiing or walking, you can anytime meet with an accident and develop fractures. Physical therapy is first applied to give back the strength of the muscles in the affected part.
- Arthritis: It is a common problem in athletes. It occurs due to repetitive motion, such as swinging a racket. It is similar to other conditions in which there are a muscle tear or sprain. These can be treated by physical therapy.
- Dislocations: This is a condition in which the bones move out of their positions. It might occur due to a sudden fall or blow during any physical activity.
- Low Back Pain: It is a common problem for ageing people. It can be mild to severe. If you are having a low back pain for more than six months, you must consult a doctor immediately. Frequent sessions of physical therapy are advised for over a prolonged period to get rid of the pain.
Physical therapy is not just to heal your injury. There are clinics which now offer preventive evaluations. These are done to determine the muscle weakness in your body. If the therapist finds any problem in the body, he tried to strengthen the muscle in the area to avoid chances of meeting accidents or falling prone to injuries.
3 Tips to choose a physical therapist
- Be sporty: Choose a clinic that offers treatment to athletes and is not for regular patients.
- Look for certifications: Find out whether the clinic is certified to meet your requirements. Check whether they have a sports certified specialist (SCS) or an orthopaedic clinical specialist (OCS)
- Do background check: Ask others to get feedback on the clinic. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Sir namaskar mujhe back muscle pain 5 year se he .Mujhe bhut paresani hoti he.B.P.Bhi high he meri age 39 year he kafi treatment kara chuka .MRI.X ray sabhi par aram nahi BP ka tab. Leta hu .Please suggest something better
Housewife age 40, having left shoulder deep fries pain in joint shoulder for last four months. Facing difficulty in combing, wearing saree washing cloths and mny more house jobs. Guide me what to do? exercise and medicine please. And how many months to cure.
I have a Problem in my left shoulder. I've go through many tests and the result was normal. But it has a problem in rotator cuff. This is not frozen shoulder. My shoulder is not flexible enough. I wouldn't be able to lift 5 kgs with my left hand. This is a severe problem for me. Can you please help me with this.
Most of the common back pains we experience are mechanical in origin and therefore are affected only by drugs and medication with pain-relieving capabilities. There are no medicines or drugs capable of removing the causes of our common backaches and pains. Therefore, medication should only be taken when your pains are severe or when you must find relief.Certain medications such as aspirin and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have been found to be the most useful for alleviation of acute back pain and have fewer side effects than some other commonly prescribed medications. Both have been recommended by the United States Federal Government Agency for Health Care Policy and Research.
1. BED REST
When your back pain is so severe that bed rest is required, you should restrict this period of rest, if at all possible, to two or three days.A recent study conducted in the United States demonstrated that those patients resting in bed for two days recovered as well as those remaining in bed for seven days. However, those patients remaining ambulant and moving were able to go back to work sooner than those who rested for either two or seven days. Nevertheless, I have seen many patients who could still not arise from bed after ten days.
Acupuncture is able to relieve pain and, when all else has failed, is well worth a trial. You should be aware, however, that as with taking medication, you can obtain relief from acupuncture, but acupuncture itself does not correct the underlying mechanical problem.
In the past, the treatment of back and neck problems by adjust mentor manipulation of the spine was considered one of the most popular forms of treatment, and it was demonstrated by chiropractors and osteopaths in the first half of the century that a short-term benefit could be obtained from this form of treatment. However,much research has now shown that from spinal manipulation or adjustment there are no long-term benefits, and its use can create dependency.A recent study by internationally renowned researchers from the University of Washington in the United States has shown that one month after completing treatment, patients taught the McKenzie method improved to the same degree as patients receiving manipulation by chiropractors. However, the patients receiving the McKenzie method had fewer treatments to achieve that improvement,and 72% of them reported that in the event of recurrence they would manage their own problem. This has great significance for those patients with recurring problems.About 80% of patients with common back problems can be taught the self-manipulation methods outlined in this book. The other 20% of the population are the only ones who will require any form of manipulative therapy.I think it is important that people who are suffering from back pain are aware that spinal manipulation or adjustive treatments should not be given to the whole population with back pain in order to deliver it to the few who really need it. Spinal manipulation should certainly not be used before self-treatment measures have proven unsuccessful.Manipulative phyiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths all dispense spinal manipulation or "adjustment."
Recommend various forms of heat, shortwave diathermy,and ultrasound, all of which are commonly used in the treatment of back pain.You should be aware that these treatments provide no long-term benefit and do nothing to treat the underlying problem, nor is there any scientific evidence that they can accelerate healing.