Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Upsham Goel
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Upsham GoelYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am suffering from filamentary keratitis in right eye, doctor did a small scrapping in my eye. Can you suggest how long it will take to be cured . .and am I going through the correct treatment or should I go for second opinion? Thanks.
Hello I am rahul 20 years old male I hve pain in my scalp and loosing hair also and my eyesight also going weak can't see words written on a distance of 3 meters what should I do to get rid from this problems?
I want to know about laser treatment for eye sight fixing. What should be the age for maximum successful operation rate?
Hello dear friends, I am Dr Mridula Mehta, basically a trained Ophthalmic surgeon and deal with cataracts lasic, laser procedure and Oculoplastic surgeries. I have proceeded my training from prestigious institutes like Maulana Azad Medical College, Lady Hardinge Medical College and a major portion of my Ophthalmic surgical training has been from Dr RP centre, All India Institute of medical science, Delhi. Today I will be talking about Oculoplastic surgery, Oculoplastic surgeries are the surgeries that deal with the area around the eye. Oculoplastic surgeons are ophthalmic surgeons, eye surgeons that are specially trained in this field. The area around the eye is very important for the visual function as well as the beauty of the face. The oculoplastic surgeon knows that and handles the tissues around the eyes very gently so that the aesthetic, as well as the functional aspects of the eyes, are maintained. The main things that an Oculoplastic surgeon deals with our watery eye i.e. tear duct anomalies, birth defects of the eye, tumours of the eye, any injury around the eye, socket abnormalities, artificial eye fitting. Also in today’s arena, we deal with the aesthetic aspects of the face especially the upper face. Oculoplasty gives measures to rejuvenate the face, both surgically and non-surgically. Non-surgical options which we provide are botox and fillers around the eye and surgically, we do surgeries for eye bag removal, for wrinkles around the eye, to treat the sagging skin in the upper lid and lower lid by surgeries like blepharoplasty. Blepharoplasty in today’s world is one of the most common surgeries done to rejuvenate the upper face. We have both the options to do stitch less as well as with stitch blepharoplasty, other things that an oculoplastic surgeon deals with the ptosis i.e. the droopy eye or the sleepy eyes, entropion, ectropion i.e. inward turning or upward turning of the eyelashes which especially occur in the old people or any another size abnormalities of the eye can be easily dealt. Sometimes children have a watery eye, again tear duct problems since birth are dealt by the oculoplastic surgeons you have any queries.
You can contact me through Lybrate.com or take my appointment through Lybrate.
Homeopathic eye drops for dry eyes. Irritation in the eyes and feeling that something is lodged in the eyes.
I am 24 years old male, nowadays my eyes start paining what will be the reason I think that my speck number is increased is it like that?
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.