Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Tarun AggarwalYour feedback matters!
People who have been using different kinds of skin care products have got a lot of misconceptions. Those misconceptions need to be removed otherwise you will never be able to choose the right skin care cosmetics for yourself.
6 top misconceptions about skin-care products
- Costly products are the best: There are many fellows who think that if the skin care products are costly, then they must be equipped with greater effectiveness. In fact, this is one of the leading reasons that most people are currently choosing only costly products without knowing that it can be one of the business strategies of the popular brands.
- Latest products are effective: Currently invented products are always good and this is quite an age-old conception, but this is not true at all. But nobody tries to understand the reality and rather goes by the trend in order to prove the myth to be true. As per the researchers, it has been found that there are many traditional products that are pretty good than the modern ones. But the young generation is not ready to accept this fact, and this is the reason they are suffering like anything.
- Younger look can be assured by creams: Only application of a fairness cream can give a fair complexion is a very wrong conception. Ageing effects can be definitely reduced to a great extent, but cannot be eliminated at all and this is a hardcore fact, whether you accept it or not. On the other hand, you have to choose only selective creams having vitamin-c serums, hydroxyl acids and others.
- Cosmetic companies make intricate researches: Though all reputed cosmetic companies say that they conduct researches intricately for making the creams more improved, but have you ever tried to know the reality? Nice packaging and great fragrance do not mean that the products are the outcome of deep researches.
- Organic creams are safe: Creams having natural ingredients are definitely safe, but how will you come to know that the mentioned ingredients have been added or not? If natural ingredients are good for skin, then you can try the homemade recipes. Hence, why purchase readymade creams having the same ingredients? The answers are still quite controversial and thus, people are pretty confused in taking their decisions.
- Cream is the easiest option: Even if creams are having all the necessary ingredients needed for skin health, still they neither compete nor can take the place of healthy foods in reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Dear sir/madam ia have tan problem pls suggest me Good medicine. I used sun screen creams but idid not get any result.
My skin is getting dark since 1 year and health also disturbing very much. I am at 38 years married and no children. Please suggest.
Hey there is infection in skin which is causing itching, when I asked medicine shop they told its a fungal infection, I had tuberculosis in past and surprisingly infection is around chest portion it is causing my skin darker day by day.
Hello I am 30 years female I am having freckles like dark brown spots on my cheeks but after applying hydroquinone cream prescribed by dermatologist it started getting more and spreading all over face please help.
Skin bahut dry hai aur face par kale kale til jaise nishan ho gye hai please koi acha sa ilaaj btaye jo effective ho.
Hello sir/mam My skin is effected with sun tan and acne prone and hyper pigmentation and dark circles and more some allergies.
Hello, Few days back I got chicken pox. Now I have some bad black spot on my face ,does there any natural way to cure that spots? Or any cream or lotion that I should use?
Many Indians are crazy about fair skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain a fair complexion. The media bombards you daily with very catchy advertisements of creams, lotions, sunscreens and other unscientific products that claim to make your skin fairer. Do you know that your skin colour is darker for very good evolutionary and biological reasons and that medically speaking, it is good that you do not have very fair skin?
Darker skin is adapted to sunlight and has increased quantity of a pigment called melanin. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin. And the safer you are! Melanin along with other factors, acts as a “natural umbrella” and prevents harmful radiation from entering your skin. These are just some of the reasons why black skin is safe and beautiful:
- You are less prone to sunburns: White skinned individuals often get painful, carrot-red or tomato-red inflamed sunburns on exposure to sunlight. Some individuals also get blistering sunburns requiring aggressive medical treatment to control the reaction. Your darker skin allows you to spend much longer time on the beach and you probably have never ever experienced any blister due to sunlight.
- You do not experience photo-ageing: Fine and deep wrinkles, broken blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, freckles, age spots and rough scaly spots called keratosis are commonly seen in white skinned individuals with long term sun exposure. These set of changes are called photo-aging. Because of natural sun protection, your Indian skin remains has less wrinkles and is smoother, even when exposed to the same amount of sunlight.
- You are less prone to skin cancers: Without melanin, you can imagine white skin as a transparent covering, which allows harmful UV light to penetrate through into the lower layers of the skin. This radiation causes damage to the DNA and a few cells may mutate to cause skin cancers, some of which are deadly. You are lucky that your “natural umbrella” blocks UV light effectively and cells in different layers of the skin suffer much less damage compared to white-skinned individuals. However, don’t forget to see a dermatologist in case you see any new bump, or in case you see any change in(a)symmetry, border, color, diameter or evolution (ABCDE) of any existing moleon your skin.
However, on the flip side, since your skin is effective in shielding you from sunlight, you are also prone to Vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is required for the production of Vitamin D and darker skinned individuals are more prone to this deficiency. Talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.
Sunscreens were developed to protect against sunburns and skin cancers and you probably do not need them as a routine, unless you work outdoors, on beaches or on mountains. Stay away from skin brightening creams, since many of them contain compounds which permanently damage your skin and organs. Make it a point to consult a dermatologist before putting any medication on your skin. Be proud and be happy that you have dark Indian skin.