Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha SonkarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I would like to know about mouth. I found some white color skin in inside my cheeks. Since last month. I swan to MD he say nothing to worry. He give me medicine of fdson. Now I feel little cheek pain under my ears. Is it serious?
In my skin there is itching and red dryness appear and feel weak headache anger is common in my behavior I used to fight in little topic.
Sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds
Sabza seeds is known by the names sabja seeds or falooda seeds or tukmaria or basil seeds.
The seeds look similar like black sesame seeds and are a bit smaller comparatively and you need to soak them in water. 2 minutes of the seeds in water and you can see it absorbing the water and become jelly like. You can eat it as it is with a spoon. While the outer layer will be soft and smooth like jelly, the center will be crunchy like when you eat seeds. They are most commonly used in making falooda, added to sherbets, milkshakes and other drinks. Basil seed does not have taste of their own but they give a good texture to the dish and make it healthy too.
Basil seeds have many health benefits:
- They are cooling and thats why they are added to many cooling drinks like falooda, rooh afza, nimbu pani and sherbets.
- They are good for sore throats, cold and respiratory disorders.
- Very good for digestion especially in a hot climate.
- Basil seeds are a natural laxative which helps to cure constipation that is caused by excess body heat during summer.
- They prevent heartburn and also relieves a bloated stomach which results from incorrect eating habits, also reduces nauseous feeling and controls vomiting.
- It is known to cure for urinary tract problems which are once again normal during peak summer time.
- It is an excellent natural body coolant.
- The seeds have a diuretic action and flush the kidneys.
- Sabja seeds have a calming effect on the brain. They relieve stress, tension, mental fatigue, depression and migraine. They also aid in enhancing the mood.
- Chewing sabja or tukmaria seeds cure mouth ulcers and other infections of the mouth. They also help fight plaque and cavities.
How to use?
Soak them in water for 30 mins. Once they absorb the water, a translucent gelatin like coating is formed around them. Strain and then use these soaked seeds in drinks, coolers, sherbets, ice creams, falooda or kulfis. Remember to add enough water, otherwise the soaked seeds become lumpy when they start swelling.
Try having 1tbsp of sabja seeds this summer for the cool cool effect.
I'm 30 years old I want to stop sleeping pills sunidra how can you help. I also take anti depressant.
I have suffering from headache since last two days. In night time no sleep. Morning time it was very high level. How can solve this problem. Please tell me good suggestion and save my health.
My friend feels headache after moving up and down the stairs and with this she has all symptoms of migraine. Is this also a symptom of migraine. She is also a victim of BHOPAL GAS TRAGEDY and already lost all her siblings because of different diseases.
I am 25 years old. I am not getting a sound sleep from some months. So much dreams and some time when I wake up from dream, I feel so frighten so afraid. And my mind think that its real all. I feel awkward some much. Sometime I take medicine of sleep (prozolam .5) alprazolam tablet. I'm not feeling well please tell me what to do? I mentally feel so bad.
Hi sir/madam, please give me a sleeping spray for my husband due to over noise in night that disturbs me whole night. Requesting you.
Sir I am 60 years old person till now I have perform ed better but gradually my sex performance is becoming week I am not having bp r sugar I am having mild acidity & palpitations do I need any treatment.
What should we do for phlegm cough? It is allergic cough for me. Every during the time of diwali I suffer from allergic phlegm cough.
Patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome experience severe abdominal pain, abdominal bloating along with cramping, gas, constipation and a constant urge to go to the toilet again and again. IBS is a health disorder where the large intestine or the colon is affected. This condition is a chronic one and requires long-term management. The symptoms are usually worse after eating and tend to occur in episodes. Although the disorder cannot be reversed, several symptoms can be managed or controlled by making lifestyle and dietary modifications. Most patients with IBS will experience flare-ups that last for a few days. For others, medical treatment is required.
Treatment and Care
Different procedures are used to treat IBS, which vary from person to person. However, one single treatment does not work with everyone.
Lifestyle and Dietary changes:
By making several basic modifications to your regular diet and activities, IBS improves with time. Here are some tips:
- You should avoid caffeine in any form such as coffee, tea or soda.
- You should increase the amount of fiber in your diet and include vegetables, fruits, whole grains and nuts.
- You must drink three to four glasses of water regularly.
- Smoking should be abstained from.
- You must undertake relaxation techniques and work out in order to reduce stress.
- Your amount of dairy product consumption must be reduced.
- You should eat frequent, small meals instead of fewer large meals.
- The most common food triggers, which lead to IBS are green onions, red wine, milk and red peppers. You should not consume these products.
- You should keep a record of the types of food you consume so that you can identify the IBS triggering food items.
- You should eliminate high gas producing food items from your diet. Food items which may result in passing excess amount of gas such as carbonated vegetables and vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower should not be consumed.
Several medicines are used to treat IBS. These include the following:
- Antispasmodics are used to control muscle spasms in the large intestine.
- Antidiarrhoeal medicines are used to control the symptoms of diarrhoea.
- Laxatives are prescribed for relief from constipation.
- Bulking agents like wheat bran and corn fibers are used to slow down the food movement through the digestive system. They also relieve symptoms.
- Antidepressants are also used in case of some patients with IBS for relief.
- In patients, whose symptoms occur due to bacterial overgrowth in the intestines, certain antibiotics may be used for treatment.
There are several triggers of IBS, which must be identified and treatment should be undertaken after that. For the proper identification and best treatment of IBS which suits your symptoms, it is essential you consult a gastroenterologist. Alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, using certain herbs and probiotics can also be followed.
Hi, I have suffered from typhoid twice once in November n now in December. I got severe back pain when I got typhoid first time. Later too. Still suffering from bank pain. One orthopedist suggested me to go for MRI. He is suspecting it as salmonella discitis. MRI report says dehydration of disc l2-l3. Please suggest me.
My friend has a fever from last week. We have a doubt whether it is dengue fever. So please tell us the symptoms of dengue.
Spinning or indoor cycling is the new rage in the fitness world.A high-intensity Cardio workout with the low impact it is perfect for weight loss.
When we work larger muscles it generates heat to burn calories.spot reduction is difficult as the body doesn't realise where the fat is stored.fat loss is not possible in one day.to lose 1kg of weight need to burn up to 7000 calories.
Ayurvedic treatment of kidney stones involves the use of diuretic and stone-dissolving herbs in acute cases the system is then cleaned and strengthened using toning and rejuvenating preparations.