Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shuchi Consul
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shuchi ConsulYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old have problem in my uterus, white layer is formed in my uterus, which is very badly itching and burning please help.
Is it normal to have hurt burn constipation and excessive (sometime) white discharge during pregnancy.
Mane girlfriend ke sath sex kiya 13 September ko turant hi girlfriend ne apne private part ko wash kiya and urine bhi kiya and period coming on 29 August. Period not coming again please help me what can I do and which medicine help to stop pregnancy.
My wife is 11 weeks of pregnant she has no complications till now. When we can perform sex? What precautions should be taken?
I am married and me n my wife wants to have a child. We tried for last few months but did not succeed. Kindly please suggest me what to do?
Hi my gynec prescribed me prolin 500 mg. I am 13 weeks pregnant. What is the function of this medicine and why it is prescribed.
Last date of period 22nd April, in mid month of month little bleeding spotting for 3 to 4 days, m breastfeeding mother, 2 days back I checked with preganews result is negative, still no periods m I pregnant, very confused. Help me with medicine for periods.
I had an unprotected sex with my husband on 18 june and after it I took unwanted 72 on that particular day. My previous periods date was on 3 june and after taking that pill I got down on 23 or 25th of june. My normal cycle lasts for 6 to 7 days but this time it only last for 3 to 4 days. Now I again got periods on 2 july. Is that nrml or I have permanently got this problem of irregular period? Please help me.
Hello Respected Doctors, I am 47 years old and my wife age 31. My wife started birth control pills last 3 months. Last night we did intercourse couple of times. Problem is my wife found little pain at morning in her vagina. Why this kind of problem happened?
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.