Book Clinic Appointment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikant MishraYour feedback matters!
Last year I have suffered from urinary track infection for around 65 days. Fever used to come for 1-2 hours daily. I consulted my doctor and went for urine culture test then he prescribed me following medicines- 1) Azithrysin 500 mg OD for 15 days 2) nitrofurantoin 100 mg TDS 17 days Now again from the last 10 days I am suffering from the same. I drink coconut water daily. I am taking ciprofloxacin 500 mg BD this time. I am tired of this reoccurring fever. What should I do to get rid of all this?
She is 38 years of age. She get burning sensation in vagina when urinating. She drinks a lot of water approx 6-7 ltr everyday still it happens. Her urine is yellow whenever this burning happens.?
I have got severe urine infection from Last 12 years. Consulted several doctors but couldn't find any relief. So please suggest me what to do now.
Is there any way of treating 8 mm left Vuj stone with upstream hydroureteronephrosis. It's not paining. And I don't want to go for a operation. please help.
Sir, last four years I am suffering form piles, when ever I go to toilet, passing stool every time bleeding large quantities of blood came out, so I fill weakness. Also I fill like a bunch of grapes some thing are there please. Suggest me best medicine.
My father is patient of severe diabetes, heart and arteries blockage, kidney failure, bed-ridden without much movement, has developed gangrene in both legs and one hand, according to doppler there is no blood supply in legs. Gangrene is having pus and odor. He is taking antibiotic injection and antiseptic dressing. Is unani treatment possible in this situation?
Does cystitis or kidney stone make problem in testicles like burning or loose and hanging problem. My doctor said it is effect due to kidneys stone and cystitis. I am facing strange and worried feeling in testicle and they become loose in the daytime mostly.Please tell sir .
Hii. I m Rehaz Ansari. In my kidney 6.6 mm stone and back side so paning pls suggest me how can I m doing this prob.
My brother Sam is suffering from ACUTE FISSURE in ANO. Whenever he passes stole heavy the fissure opens and gets bleed with severe pain. We consulted the hospital and from DNC they identified it is ulcer in anal with fissure. Medicine provided are Liquid Paraffin, steroid 2%gel ointment, Ranitidine, dolcolux, and requested to take hot water salt bed. Please help me how to get smoothly.
Kidney stones are often small enough and pass through urine without much bother. Most kidney stones are smaller than 4 mm in diameter. Having said this, even the smallest of kidney stones can be really painful until they pass through urine (learn more what Urine Says About Your Health). It typically takes a couple of days for the body to get rid of it. While medication and self-care are the foremost options, there are a range of other options as well available for treating kidney stones.
Admission to a Hospital-
You must get admitted to a hospital if the stone moves to the ureter, thereby resulting in severe pain. Typically kidney stones which are more than 6 mms in diameter need to be surgically removed through procedures such as ureteroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL), open surgery and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL). A doctor takes a call on any of the above procedure if:
The patient is inching towards a kidney failure.
The pain doesn’t go away even after taking pain killers.
If the patient is pregnant (learn more about for healthy pregnancy)
If the patient is more than 60 years.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)-
ESWL is one of the simple and most preferred stone removing procedures. It involves the usage of ultrasound shock waves to break the bigger stones into smaller ones. The latter is then passed through urine. A patient is given a few painkillers since this mode of treatment could be a little uncomfortable. A patient might need multiple ESWLs to successfully get rid of all the stones.
If a stone gets stuck in the ureter, a medical procedure known as the ureteroscopy is performed. In this procedure, a thin telescope is passed through the urethra and bladder to the ureter. Either a second instrument is used or the telescope itself has laser energy to break the bigger stone into smaller ones. This procedure is ideal for stones that have a diameter more than 15 mm.
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
PCNL is an alternative to ESWL for removing big stones. This procedure involves the usage of nephroscope that is routed into the kidney through a small incision made behind the back of the patient. This procedure requires general anesthesia and is effective for breaking stones that have a diameter of 20 mm or more. It has a success rate of 86%.
This is one of the older methods to eradicate kidney stones. Unless the stone size is abnormally large and other procedures cannot be performed, open surgery is generally avoided. An open surgery involves making an incision and getting access to the ureter and the kidney. The surgeon then removes the stone from the kidney. This procedure requires general anesthesia and the patient needs to be under observation for at least 24 hours, post surgery.
Hello Doc! I have frequent urination problem mostly in night. I'm feeling this problem for 2 years. There is no back pain or high sugar level, no urination allergy but it still irritated me long. Is it unbalanced bladder? Yes I urge to drink also sometimes.
Calcium oxalate is found in my urine which is acidic in nature, Pl advise some home remedies and homeopathic medicines.
I am a newly married since 4months. Due in our sex I really can't bear the pain in my vagina. And my husband don't nk how long it need to insert? And after inserting it pain like hell. I can't release urine also for one or two days please suggest any cream or lubricants?
From yesterday I feel burning while urinating and I feel like urinating frequently. Last night I had fever but no burning I was normal, I take d'cold slept n now no fever But burning agn started. Now I am drinking more amnt of water. Which medicine do you prefer? Shud I take any antibiotic? If its will not work tmrw mong I ll visit doc. Suggest me please Thnk you.
Hai doctor, my urine is yellow in color when I drink coconut water or butter milk in comes to normal after two or three hours again it becomes yellow. I am facing this problem from one week. Before this I met unprotected sex. Is this any infection. Please suggest some medicines.
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor.
My have a kidney stone with is 9mm big any natural remedies? I keep passing stones, but in future they keep forming back. I have this problem from past 10 yrs.
Passing Kidney Stones Pain Free! Here is the Formula!
Mix virgin olive oil, Apple cider vinegar, lemon essential oil and consume this before meals twice daily. Consume this for 2 weeks. It dissolves gallstones & Kidney Stones & makes passing them Pain Free.
Do follow for more interesting lifestyle remedies and natural healing mantras.