Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Tripathi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini TripathiYour feedback matters!
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
Tired of slogging alone in the gym? Well, it has been seen that people with less friends or a gym buddy tend to skip their sessions more often. Reasons like too tired, too much rain, too much sun and so on and so forth, tend to crop up. But, if you have a health buddy, things become much more bearable and you actually look forward to that time of the day instead of blatantly avoiding it. This is true for diet control, exercising and a host of other health related activities as well. So come and find out how to find a health buddy this Friendship Day, and how having a friend can motivate you to stay healthy!
- Finding a Health Buddy: Look closely in your circle of friends, or even at your acquaintances who live nearby or in the same locality or building as yours. Do you see anyone who is motivated when it comes to healthcare and fitness? Do you see anyone who watches what he or she eats and who also regularly likes to suggest outdoor pursuits when the group has to get together? This friend may be the one who will become the perfect health buddy. Also, if you find someone who is in the same boat as you, but aware of the issues, you can suggest becoming a health buddy because you can both motivate each other.
- Routine: Make a routine with your new health buddy and start meeting each other at regular timings and for a good amount of time. Seek each other out at parties and stay with each other to help avoid eating what you are not supposed to. Message each other your progress every day and report what you eat when you go out without this buddy.
- Avoiding and Dismissing: When someone is knocking at your door at five in the morning, it is usually difficult to avoid or dismiss the impending action due to social and emotional reasons. So, when your gym buddy arrives to pick you up, or when you know you have to meet this person at a certain time, you would not want to keep this friend waiting or dismiss the thought of going to the gym with a press of the snooze button.
- Distractions: Your health buddy with give you positive distractions by way of conversations and other such things so that you do not realise how quickly the gym session or walking time has passed by. Also, with the help of this person, you will probably not get bored which tends to make us eat junk.
So get yourself a healthy buddy this Friendship Day and make a commitment towards health and fitness!
I have got 3 consecutive miscarriages, this time again I have conceived my LMP was 23 feb. I have done with beta 27 march HCG which came 1700. I have started Susten Sr 300, Arg 9 & Folmet. Do I have any risk or any other medication test required.
I started having sex since 1 year and sexually active and very aroused for sex and I'm 27 now Since puberty my vagina is very very dry and never got leucorrhoea Now I get difficulty in sex and always have to use lubricant to avoid pain during sex Even when my boyfriend licks my vagina for long time I get aroused but I don't get any discharge He says it tastes normal No offensive smell No itching No eruption I had sex till today only with my boyfriend and never used any contraceptive please help me to get a natural vaginally discharge.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
I am having sexual relation with my boyfriend and we do not use condom. I use to take I pill or unwanted 72 around once in 2 month approx. I want to know that bcoz of taking I pill or unwanted 72 will their be any complications or problem in future? Will their b any prblm for baby in future? If yes wat problems can happen in future? please give me the detailed answer. About what can happen in future.
We must have always heard that maida (white flour) and products made from it are very harmful for our health. However, use of maida its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods.
Known as white poison, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. It is very important to understand why it is bad and how much it can harm us so that we can improve our eating habits.
What is missing in maida (white flour: during processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Few manufacturers attract customers by labeling their products as enriched flour, which is nothing, but adding 3-4 vitamins at the cost of 10 lost vitamins during processing.
White flour is tasty but not healthy: though foods made from maida like pizza, burger, donuts, bread, samosas, noodles, momos, panipuri, pastas etc are very tempting and tasty however, at the same time, consequences can not be ignored.
White flour regulates glucose/sugar in your body: whenever you consume foods that are made from maida, it releases sugar into your bloodstream quickly. Because of high glycemic index (gi) of maida, it spikes up your sugar levels. To match up with the sugar spike, pancreas has to over work to release insulin in sufficient quantity. If maida consumption is once in a while then pancreas can manage it however, in case of frequent consumption, insulin production will reduce gradually, finally making you diabetic.
As glucose loiters into your blood, it gets attached to proteins, which is called glycation which cause inflammation in the body and leads to many diseases like arthritis, cataract, heart diseases and the list goes on.
Eating maida also raises bad cholesterol (ldl) resulting many health issues like weight gain, high blood pressure, mood swings. Too much consumption of white flour its products leads to weight gain and you will soon progress toward obesity. Also, it keeps you feel hungry and makes you crave for sweets.
White flour is acidic: acidity is another problem. During refining process, all nutrients are removed and it becomes acidic in nature. As per research, diet high in acidic foods (e.g. Pizza, pasta, burger other white flour products) forces the body to pull calcium from bones to keep the things even, which affects bone density. Over-acidity is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, and a major cause of arthritis and other chronic illnesses.
White flour creates digestive issues: white flour has been called the & glue of the gut. In today's world, so much food is made from white flour: breakfast food, snacks, pasta, bread, cereal and the list just continues. And it all turns to glue in the intestines. It is without fiber, it congests the system, slows down digestion creating a sluggish metabolism, and can often be the cause of weight gain, stress, headaches and migraines.
Follow these alternatives: for better health in longer run, you should completely avoid consuming white flour foods made from it. Instead, you can use some alternatives like for samosa, use wheat flour. For naan, mix one portion of millets (like jowar bajra) flour with wheat flour. Opt bread, noodles, pasta and macaroni made of wheat flour, which are easily available in food stores.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Drinking hot chocolate is not only about its delicious taste or only keeping us warm during winter nights. It has many benefits to our overall health.
Cocoa powder in chocolate is a wonderful source of flavonoids. Flavonoids are rich in antioxidants which slow down aging process and protect the skin. Antioxidants present in flavonoids also fight free radicals in our body, hence protect us against cancer and other unwanted infections.
Hot chocolate also contain phytochemicals known as theobromine which improves blood flow to brain. This results in increased brain activity and stimulates memory power. It helps to fight against dementia and also helps the patients who already suffer from dementia. Improved blood flow also lowers blood pressure and improves heart health.
Mood lifting hot chocolate is also a good source of various minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper and iron.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.