Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritwiz Bihari
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. Ritwiz BihariYour feedback matters!
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hi I am of age 34 and I have migraine issues. Please suggest me remedies to eliminate it. And some medications without side effects?
Hi, This is about my mother she is 50 in age and had been diagnosed with thyroid around 2 year back after that she started taking medicine "Thyroxine Sodium Tablet-50 mg" and after few month it was in control but that 1 year back while she was still on thyroid medicine she had started having tremors in her right hand. After doing some online research we find that it could be Parkinson and we had went to different doctors from renowned neurologist in Ranchi, Vellore, Patna but they have prescribed the same medicine syndopa and other tablets related to parkinson and for last few months she is under shoulder and neck pain 24 hours and as the pain is unbearable she is forced to take pain killers. I did some googling and found that tremors could be a side effect of thyroid but not sure I am worried that my mothers problems are not been diagnosed properly Please reply if someone have good understanding about these problems and genuinely want to help. So after going to many doctors we have seen that all doctor just repeat mostly the same tests and same medicines and I am very hurt to say this but all they want is money they don't care about patient as we are from middle class family money matters for us but money is nothing in front of my mother's well being and we are ready for treatment cost until they diagnosed her properly and do proper treatment. Please reply as soon as possible.
I am suffering from epilepsy since 2007, presently I am taking levipil 1000 twice a day & eptoin 100 (100 mg in morning & 200 mg at night) still sometimes I got sensation of its seizure. How it can be cured doctor?
Drink plenty of water
Some exercise or yoga