Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rama Srivastava
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Rama SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
How to use Evion 400 capsule for skin. I am having normal skin type. And what are the benefits of using it?
My 4 years old niece has white patches on leg, neck and very tiny patch on eye. So what shall I do please suggest. I am very tensed.
I am suffer from black skin for 6 month. I am using soap for skin please give the suggestion for skin fairness. Any face wash.
Hi doctor. My skin tone is black. I used many of avurdevi and cosmetic creams but no use. What can I do to get a good fairness to my total skin without side effects.
Hi, I applied garlic paste to acne after that the my face burnt due to that. The mark is nt gng what to do. please help me.
I have 6 months old baby boy. Past few weeks onwards I'm suffering for rashes sometimes on my shoulder sometimes on waist and other parts of my body it's itching after one day it's vanished and started new place like my legs. May I know why
Flat, grey, brown or black spots which usually occur on the sun exposed areas of the human skin are called Age spots. They are also termed as senile lentigo, liver spots, solar lentigines or sun spots.
Serious conditions of age spots include:
- A malignant skin cancer condition called melanoma.
- A type of skin cancer condition called lentigo maligna.
- A non-cancerous skin growth called keratosis.
Noticeable characteristics of age spots that are identifiable include:
- 1. Darkened pigmentation
- 2. Irregularity in border
- 3. Combination in colours
- 4. Size increase over a short period
- 5. Bleeding, itching, redness or tenderness
The procedure for diagnosing is usually performed by dermatologists. If the doctor has any serious concern about the skin, a skin biopsy might be needed which would require the doctor to analyse a small sample of the skin. A local anaesthetic would be applied and a small portion of the skin would be cut away. Examination of the sample would be performed in the lab in order to determine whether there is a possibility of a condition other than solar lentiginosis.
Treatment is not usually required as age spots are harmless. However, for cosmetic purposes, people choose to treat the age spots. Some of the treatments include:
- Prescription of bleaching creams, often coupled with retinoid creams and steroids are used to lighten age spots.
- Dermabrasion is performed using a rotating brush to remove its surface layers and scour the skin. Redness and scabbing might be felt.
- Cryotherapy is performed where liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the skin of the age spot which in turn destroys the dark colour produced by the melanin. There is a possibility of scarring during this procedure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!