Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Puneet GuptaYour feedback matters!
Irritation, or itching in Anus. Very insane. Don't know why. Excretion cycle is not regular. Constipation is present. How to resolve?
I have pimples and dark circles on my face and I used many cream please tell me name of good medicine.
I m 22 yeaf old I have pigmentation in my face I have consult most of the doctor but no one can remove my pigmentation marks please suggest me some medicine.
My left hand middle finger skin is attacked by fungal infection skin is leaving from body everyday skin is leaving please cure me.
My friend who is 20 years old got hurt in the anal area while having sex. She was in a lot of pain. She fainted in some time. What could be the reason that she fainted?
What kind of food or fruits good for my health or my face to glamour my skin or fairness .and how to eat.
My hand feet and face is really tanned. I apply spf 30 vlcc sunscreen daily on face but still it has become tanned. I have good exposure to sun as I live in manglore. What to do. How to remove this tan. Is it permanent. What precautions should I take.
I am a male, 91 years of age. I feel itching all over my body, specially on neck and feet. The doctor has given me anti-fungus medicine for 5 days. I feel better but not fully. Please advise if it is due to skin fungus or anything else. Thanking you, Sushil Chandar Kapur, New Delhi.
I have very rough and dry skin. Specially near chin I hv blackness. Please suggest remedy for this problem. I drink a lot of water and I use moisture also but no result in my skin I found.
Please suggest me to remove tan from my lips it's becoming to dry I'm drinking lot of water please help me out.
5 facial rejuvenation myths debunked
A cosmetic treatment that aims to restore the youthfulness of your face is known as facial rejuvenation. This face enhancement can be achieved through either surgical or non-surgical means and involves procedures like facelift, neck lift, brow lift and eyelid lift.
This subject also comes with its fair share of myths, which are:
Myth 1: Facelifts only tighten the skin
This is not true. In a facelift procedure, the surgeon simply doesn't tighten your facial skin but lifts and tightens the underlying tissues and muscles. As a consequence, it is not only the skin that ends up looking tighter but your entire face.
Myth 2: Crow's feet can be removed using eyelid lift
An eyelid lift is performed to remove fat that accumulates around your eye area. Fat in this area causes bags under your eye. This process aims at the tightening of the skin surrounding your eyelid region. But eyelid surgery doesn't prevent the muscles in this area from contracting, which is a cause of crow's feet or wrinkles.
Myth 3: It is not safe for dark-skinned people
While ablative laser procedures may not be ideal for individuals with darker skin tones as they are more at risk of developing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (it refers to a form of temporary pigmentation that occurs following an injury or an inflammatory disorder), treatments like microdermabrasion (a procedure that removes dead skin cells using a special diamond tip instrument) and chemical peels (a technique used to smoothen and improve your skin texture) can be safely done.
Myth 4: All injectable treatments are the same
The function that an injectable serve is either one of these two: it prevents your nerves from signalling the muscles (which is what botox does), or fills up spaces to remove wrinkles and fine lines. They are therefore not the same. Injectables differ from one another based on ingredients, duration, the part of the face where they are used and results.
Myth 5: Facial surgeries and cosmetic injectables don't give you a natural appearance
The key to getting a natural appearance from your facial rejuvenation procedure lies with consulting with a qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeon. He or she is the best person to help get you the results that you are looking for while keeping you in the loop about the potential risks and cost.
Dark discolouration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy home remedies.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
1. Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
2. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
3. Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
4. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue its use.
7. Coconut Oil
Massaging with coconut OIL is another effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
1. Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut OIL on the under eye area.
2. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off.
3. Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
1. Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
2. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
4. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes for a few minutes. You can also use a bag of frozen peas, a chilled tea bag or a cold spoon.
Follow these remedies a few times daily.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize dark circles. It will also make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
1. Mix two teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste to the affected area.
3. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth.
4. Do this daily until you get positive results.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
- To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.