Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Chaurasiya
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep ChaurasiyaYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that originated from the Indian subcontinent. It is one of the alternative therapies of medicine. It is also the world’s oldest form of medicine.
What is Alcohol Addiction?
Alcohol addiction is defined as a chronic disease in which individuals drink alcohol in excessive amounts for longer periods, thereby creating a physical and psychological dependence on alcohol.
Statistics of Alcohol Abuse
Alcohol is banned in some parts of India, such as Manipur and Gujarat. Around 62.5 million people are believed to drink alcohol in India. Alcohol consumption is widespread in Western countries.
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
The patient may experience the following symptoms:
- An inability to stop drinking (once drinking begins)
- Physical discomfort on withdrawal (when not drinking)
- Extreme agitation or anxiety
- “Blacking Out” Regularly
- Neglecting Your Responsibilities
- Persistent insomnia
- Nausea or vomiting
Role of Ayurveda in the Management of Alcohol Addiction
Ayurveda believes that people who are addicted to alcohol are trying to escape their problem and inner tension caused by emotional stress. The effects of these intoxicating substances alter the balance of the mental health, and patients start believing that they are being helped, but they are creating further imbalances in the body. Ayurveda aims to restore all the imbalances that have been created. It also improves the individual’s ability to deal better with stress.
If the patients can learn to manage their stress, they can stop resisting themselves from abusing it, and the need to abuse alcohol will cease. The regular practice of yoga postures can improve health and help people to deal better with stress.
In this system of medicine, the patient is asked for the details of the disease, a full picture of the patient’s lifestyle, diet, physical fitness, emotional level, and the current health situation. It also includes a complete examination of the patient and an examination of the pulse and patient’s vital parameters. Other factors, such as the appearance of the skin and eyes, will also be carefully recorded.
After completing this full assessment, the conclusion will be made. Depending upon the analysis and evaluation, the appropriate treatment will be given.
Meditation is the best way for the people who are trying to get out from an addiction. It not only helps them deal with emotional stress but also increases their ability to manage the stress factors that occur in life. Overcoming an addiction is very difficult. If an individual stops alcohol consumption abruptly, he/she may experience withdrawal symptoms, and these symptoms can be life-threatening. Therefore, it is always advisable to consult the doctor before taking any such step.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures
Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda
- Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
- Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
- Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!