Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Verma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namita VermaYour feedback matters!
A couple of Months earlier I gave my boyfriend a blowjob and swallowed. Then we Kissed and he went down. We did not have any penetration from any side but I still had an i-pill to be at the safer side. After having an i-pill my periods was disturbed. I got my periods but the flow was less and it got over soon too. Then after a week I got my periods again but it was still less flow. My boyfriend and I had it again and I had an i-pill. Now this month I have not gotten my periods since my periods start mid month. I don't have any headache or back ache. My sleeping hours have been irregular because of my studies and examinations. I have also been stressed out but have taken no pills. Am I pregnant?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
I am suffering from skin allergy on my arm it's like ringworm I used many cream like ring guard and panderm while using this cream it's ok but again it's started pliz suggest me how to cure this.
I am a 29 year old women i'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant but no heart beat found yet doc said 2 go for ultrasound again on 14 th of may I am very scared as doc said possibly every thing will be f9 and possibly have to go fr abortion please suggest.
Endometrium is in proliferative phase that means my ovulation is not occurred. I want to know that my ovulation is not occurred current month or my ovulation is not occurred every month. If I take medicine for ovulation after what time will be taken for conceive. Can I get conceive after taken medicine of ovulation.
My gf and I had sex for first time on 1st july, she had just stopped bleeding the day before the sex. Now she has been having signs of pregnancy like abdominal gas, fatigue,etc since the last two weeks. I want to know the chances that she's pregnant. I just inserter the penis only a few inches. And I didn't ejaculate in her. I'm worried about the possibility of making her pregnant by my precum. Please help me sir/madame.
Hi doctor. Its me Nitu. I am unmarried n I think I am suffering from Menorrhagia. My period duration is 7 days to 10 days. I am very worried about it. Will it effect on my married life. How I'll cure it. Waiting for your reply thanks.
I am using thyroid tablet and I am try to conceive but there no chance please help and my body has offered.
A healthy intimate life is very important for a person’s physical and emotional health. Sexual issues are very common, though they are not frankly discussed, given the cultural inhibitions that we are brought up with. Both men and women have specific issues, and it is often due to a combination of physical and psychological factors.
Some of the common physical factors that affect sex include normal aging, hormonal imbalances, chronic disease conditions like diabetes and heart disease, menopause, low libido, painful sex, smoking, alcohol abuse, etc. All these affect a person’s desire for sex, ability to perform, or a combination of both.
Psychological factors that affect sexual life include performance anxiety, work-related stress, strains in relationship, family issues, financial issues, past sexual relationships, history of abuse, etc.
Sexual issues manifest slightly differently in men and women. Reduced sexual desire, painful intercourse, lack of orgasms, and inability to be aroused are commonly seen in women. On the other hand, men suffer from erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sperm count, reduced libido, etc.
One of the first step towards resolving sexual issues is to acknowledge that there is a problem and come to terms with it. In more than 50% of the cases, coming to terms with it and having a frank conversation with the partner can help solve the issue completely. Both the partners become comfortable discussing about it and make an attempt to find ways to address it. In some cases, involving a counselor also helps.
Ayurveda believes that the following ingredients have a strong role to play in resolving sexual issues in both men and women.
- Shilajit: Known for its potency inducing properties, it is believed to renew vitality and increase the core energy essential for sexual power.
- Safed musli: It is very useful as a reproductive tonic to rejuvenate and improve impotency, premature ejaculation, and low sperm count in men. It is known to enhance libido and cure involuntary ejaculations. It can be used by mixing it with honey, sugar, ghee, and long pepper.
- Ashwagandha: This is another wonder medicine with multiple uses. The roots are powdered and widely used in treating female sterility. It can also be mixed in milk and used, starting from 5 to 6 nights after menstruation.
- Drumstick: Flowers of this plant can be boiled in milk and used as a sexual tonic in both males and females. The bark can also be powdered and used in impotency and premature ejaculation.
- Garlic: A remarkable home remedy, it is a proven aphrodisiac, where it restores sexual power.
- Ginger: Another valuable aphrodisiac, ginger juice can be mixed with honey and egg and consumed daily for a month. It helps cure impotency, premature ejaculation, and improves sperm quality. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The gall bladder is a very small organ located behind the liver. This organ stores the bile created by the liver and releases it whenever needed. We rarely pay attention to this organ until there is a problem and most gallbladder related problems are very painful. Unknowingly you may be harming your gall bladder by eating certain types of food like red meats and saturated fats. On the other hand, eating some types of food can improve your gall bladder health. Some such foods are:
- Fiber-rich foods: Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber and a must in a balanced diet. Fiber helps keep the gall bladder healthy and also helps prevent gallstones from developing. An easy way to add more fibre to your diet is to incorporate a salad with your lunch and dinner.
- Water: Water not only helps hydrate the body but also helps maintain the water levels required in bile. Ideally, a person should drink 8 glasses of water a day. This should not all be drunk at one time but should be spaced out through the day. Drinking too much water at one time will result in the body expelling it in the form of urine instead of absorbing it.
- Foods rich in Pectin: Pectin is a dietary fiber that binds cholesterol in the stomach and helps in its removal from the body. Since cholesterol is one of the major causes for gall stones, eating pectin-rich foods helps reduce the risk of gallstones. Some foods that are rich in pectin include citrus fruits, strawberries and apples.
- Flaxseeds: Eating just one tablespoon of flax seeds a day can boost your health in a number of ways. One of the many benefits of including flaxseeds in your diet is a healthy gall bladder. Flax seeds contain mucilaginous fiber or fiber that forms a gel. This type of fiber aids in the liver’s synthesis of bile acids and thus keeps the gall bladder healthy.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Not all fats are bad for the body. Omega three fatty acids play an important role in producing anti-inflammatory compounds. Some rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids include olive oil, avocados and flax seeds.
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamins like vitamin C. a deficiency of this particular vitamin can cause gall stones. For this reason, eat plenty of citrus fruits and other fruits and vegetables such as bell peppers and broccoli that are rich in vitamin C. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Last week I had intercourse with my girlfriend but now she is saying very pain in her vagina especially in peeing please suggest me . What shall I do any tablet is their . Please suggest which Is that.
We had oral sex. We forgot to put protection. But I did not came inside vagina. But while landing my sperm, I took out my dick. Just 1 small drop land on outer part of vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
1. First, acknowledge your fear. This is a huge first step. If you do just this today, you’ve done something great. Many of us have these fears, but they are at the back of our mind, unnoticed, unacknowledged, as we try to ignore them and pretend they’re not there. But they are there. And they affect us. So acknowledge the fear.
2. Write it down. What’s your fear? Write it on a piece of paper. Writing it down takes the fear from the dark lurking places in the back of your mind, where it has power over you, out into the light of day, where you have power over the fear.
3. Feel the fear. Recognize that you’re not alone, that we ALL have these fears. There’s nothing wrong with having this fear. Allow yourself to feel it. It’s a part of you, but it doesn’t control you. Remember you can “feel the fear and do it anyway.”
4. Ask yourself: what’s the worst thing that can happen? Often it’s not as bad as we think. Do you fear being rejected by someone? What would happen if you were? You’d lick your wounds, you’d find someone else, and you’d go on living.
5. Just do it. To beat the fear, you have to just do it. Ignore your fears and just go for it!
6. Be in the moment. Fear of failure (and other similar fears) are fears of the future. We get caught up in worrying about what might happen. When you find yourself thinking about the past or future, bring yourself back in the moment and focus on what you’re doing right at this moment.
7. Small steps. Start small. Do something you know you can do. Allow yourself to feel good about that - and then take another small baby step. Keep doing this …
8. Celebrate every success! Make a note of every single thing you do right, even the smallest little thing. Use this feeling of success to propel yourself forward and take the next step. Then keep building on each previous success ….
I have PCOD and consulted gynecologist took medication for around 6 months, had regular periods for 3 months but again same problem. Request you to provide permanent solution for irregular periods. Thank you.
I am suffering with pcod. My periods are not regular. Today third day of my period started but very less or can say just sporting. And close to black in colour. I Am worried. Last year I have cryotherapy also. Does I need to see my gyni or wait for some?
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.