Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Luna Jaiswal
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Luna JaiswalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
With increasing awareness about eating healthy, certain seeds are now being considered as super foods. Flax seeds, also known as “Alsi”, have amazing benefits and are recommended by all nutritionists.
Listed below are a few benefits of flax seeds:
Help in losing weight: Flax seeds are loaded with required fats and fibre and consuming a handful of these seeds will make you feel full for longer. This reduces the temptation to binge eat and results in fewer calories consumed during the day. The ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) fats present in the flax seeds have also been found to reduce inflammation.
Maintain heart health: Flax seeds are almost phenomenal as the fats contained in them are unsaturated fats which are wonderful for your health. Because these fats remain in the form of ALA fats, they help you in maintaining and improving heart health by reducing bad cholesterol and retaining the good cholesterol. Thus, the chances of getting a stroke or an attack are relatively low.
Flaxseeds are High in Antioxidants (Lignans): Amongst its other incredible nutrition facts, flax seeds are also packed with antioxidants. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties, therefore consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
Improve colon health: These seeds are packed with fibre and are very low in unsaturated fats. This makes them useful in improving digestive health. Also, the fibre content makes bowel movements smoother and reduces constipation and diarrhoea.
Healthy, supple and glowing skin: Adding flax seeds to your daily diet is a great idea as they are packed with ALA fats and Vitamin B which help in reducing flakiness and dryness of skin. Consuming flax seeds regularly also helps in getting rid of the symptoms of acne and eczema and are proven to reduce dry eye syndrome and puffiness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
1. Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
2. There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
3. Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
4. Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
5. Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
6. The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
7. Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
8. Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
9. Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
10. Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
11. Quinoa is very easy to include in diet. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When to take Celin 500 mg (vitamin C Tablets. Before or after dinner or lunch. And how many tablets a day? Am 18 years old.
You will seldom come across a person who does not like to eat. Nothing can be more satisfying than binging on your favorite cuisine. Though the choice of food may differ from individuals to individuals, most of us live to eat. It is not without reason that food is considered a fuel that gets the body going, enabling us to carry on with our daily chores. While hot, spicy and fast foods are what most of us crave for, one cannot ignore the health benefits of a balanced and nutritious diet. A diet enriched with the essential nutrients can play a significant role to keep the vital organs of the body fit and healthy.
Importance of a healthy and nutritious diet
A nutritious diet plays a pivotal role in maintaining the well-being of the body. From eyes to heart, it takes care of almost everything. Mentioned below are some of the food items that should be a part of your diet.
- Fruits: The health benefits of fruits deserve no special mention. Apple, banana, citrus fruits, berries, kiwi, guava, most of the fruits are laden with vitamins and minerals and go a long way to build the immunity and resistance of the body against various diseases and infections.
- Vegetables: A diet without vegetables is anything but healthy. From antioxidants (mostly dark green vegetables) to omega-3 fatty acids, minerals to dietary fibers, incorporating vegetables in the diet takes care of most of the nutritional requirements of the body.
- Meat: Equally important are animal products which include meat (chicken, lamb, crab, goat, duck, to name a few), fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, tilapia, sardine, basa, to name a few), fish oil. Most of these are a rich source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals necessary for the overall growth of the body.
- Milk and dairy products: Milk, cheese, butter, curd, ghee, being an excellent source of calcium, vitamin, minerals, fats, proteins, should be included in the diet.
- Oils: One cannot miss out on the various benefits of ghee, especially of cow, mustard oil, coconut oil & olive oil and other healthy vegetable oils, such as sesame oil, rice bran oil, flaxseed oil to name a few, that are rich in nutrients including Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cereals: The nutritive value of cereals (oats, rye, wheat, quinoa, rice) and pulses (black gram, lentils, chickpea, groundnuts) are also immense.
- Herbs & spices: The herbs and spices that make food more palatable are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
Unhealthy habits to avoid after eating food
There are certain unhealthy habits which when done immediately after eating food will do the body more harm than good. Some of these include:
- For a proper digestion of food, never take a nap soon after the meal.
- Taking a shower immediately after having food will also affect the digestion process.
- Many of us have a habit of drinking tea after a meal. However, it is an unhealthy practice that can interfere with both the digestion of food as well as with the absorption of iron.
- Eating fruits immediately after a meal will also affect the digestion of food.
- Smoking after a meal is an extremely unhealthy practice.
Consult an expert and plan a healthy diet for yourself to stay fit always,