Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in LUCKNOW. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monica Khanna
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Monica KhannaYour feedback matters!
Last two days before I have got wounded inside of my left ear. As a result it was fractured and blood also come. Now some unknown sound is found on my ear. I want how it will be cure and where I do treatment. Please help me sir for these condition.
Hie, my mom is 40 years old. She feels vibration under her pelvic area since a month. It doesn't pain her but annoys her a lot. After many tests result is still unclear some reports conclude that there is some infection and she has deficiency of vitamin d. She continues to feel that vibration even after medications. What can be the cause? and what should be done for this?
Hello sir/mam I am suffering from ulcers problem in my mouth from a long time 7-8 years and I was also consulted with the doctor but still there are no relief. Every doc. Says problem in your stomachs and suggest me to change daily routine ,but after change routine not relief yet. I have also completely stop eating samosa kachori and other items which is made by maida but ulcer are continually increasing in my mouth ek cheek hota h to do or ho jaye h. And sbhi doc. Bolte h path kharab h but path to cheek rehta h and ulcer problem mujhe bahut time se h to itna lamba path to nahi reh sakta kabhi kabhi rehta h.so please suggest me what I do for complete relief bcoz bahut pain hota h and abhi me student hu but next year mujhe job bhe karna h to bahut problem hogi so please suggest me something different to other doc .bcoz sbhi doc. Ek he bat blood h.
Can I buy generic medicines for my BP and Diabetics problems. Any difference and any problem. please advise. Thanks.
Due to eating food which are hot in nature, my digestive tract has got inflammation I think, inner side of my lips is red, feeling drowsiness heavy in. Stomach, kindly suggest a medicine for immediate relief.
Am 27 year old I had bad habits so in that reason my penis size is very small I feel nerves to get married so can you suggest how to reactive this problem is there any solution.
Hello doctor my mother's age is 42 she has swelling in her left ear for about 4 years we taken CT scan result came she has soft tissue in parotid gland measuring 25×26 mm. And we taken biopsy before 2 years it came non cancerous my question is can it transform into cancerous? And some times she have swelling in left side of her neck after 2 or 1 days it goes invisible.
I'm, 22 years old since from the child my penis is small and its not growing up and when I touch my tip of penis it hurts and feels like burning sensation.
What should be done to be long lasting on bed with my partner? Other than viagra and pills what all options are there to stay longer on bed? Or any herbal medication required?
Hey sir I need a help my mother have too much pain in legs every night. She can not even sleep just bcoz of this plzz help me .thank you sooo much. Age 54.
Hi doc, I have recently entered into 30 years and sometime I feel heaviness in my chest. This issue is since very long. I consulted one doctor as well but nothing came out in Ecg test. I feel muscle contraction. Can you suggest any health test which I should undergo.
I want to lick her pussy lick so hard but I couldn't able to lick one because of hairy and second it smells bad and third I feel it dirty so wat should I do to lick it so hard.
I am getting ulcers in mouth regularly since last 18 months. I use candid mouth paint and honey to treat them. But they reoccur every month, some times more than 2 to 3 times a month. Please let me know what is the cause of this and what is the permanent cure. I lead a very regulated life. I do not drink much, I am a vegetarian, I do not eat spicy food. I take enough fruits and green vegetables in my diet.
Which type of food and which time we take for develop my immunity system. My age is about 14 year. Every year in cold season I suffer from cold and flu in a long time.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long-term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive, and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Vitiligo may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
The point of doing a work out is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well-balanced work out. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve well-paced warm up sessions with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose, ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a work out? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumb bell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual work out that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do the animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!