Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Manish Chandra SinghYour feedback matters!
I had low back pain sciatica nerve compression took medicine got pain relief but my right foot and foot finger are slightly numb should I go to work or take rest ?
Me running karte waqt zameen par Gir gaya tha aur Mere paaon me 1 mahine se moch aa gai hai. Aur dard abhi bhi ho raha hai. Dard ko mitaane ke liye Mujhe kya karna chahiye? Plzz help me Sir.
Is excessive sweating from palm and feet treatable? please tell me the process how to reduce it. It is hampering my confidence. If possible do let me know what should I avoid eating from this medical condition Thanks in advance.
Ivf vs. Surrogacy: which is the better option?
Both IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. The reason behind the inability to conceive can be due various reasons ranging from infertility and low sperm count (in men) to damaged fallopian tubes and early menopause (in women).
You can opt for either surrogacy or IVF if you've been trying to conceive for more than a year without any results. But which of the two should you opt for? well, there are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice.
How does it work?
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means, and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. Full surrogacy involves the implantation of sperms and eggs of the couple into the uterus of the surrogate mother; while partial surrogacy involves the fertilisation of the surrogate mother's egg by the sperm of the intended father. By opting for surrogacy the woman partner is unable to carry the child, a desire that is present in most women.
On the other hand, ivf works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child. Ivf involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus. This is a viable option for couples who want to have a baby on their own.
Chances of a successful pregnancy are usually higher with surrogacy when compared to IVF.
The risks involved
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. Apart from that, the genes of the surrogate mother can affect the development of the unborn baby; hence, a surrogate mother has to be chosen with utmost care.
As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if ivf is opted for.
The legal process
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is roughly inr 8, 25, 000.
Ivf does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The cost of IVF in India can range between inr 2, 50, 000 to inr 4, 50, 000, making it a much more viable option.
Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you.
Related Tip: BUSTED: 4 Myths on IVF Infertility Treatment
For last 7 years I am having pcod problem of irregular menses since then on medication metformin I know that exercise and losing weight is the only solution but I will not able to do it regularly as my body does not allow I became very exhausted & tired while doing so. I wanted to know am I taking right dosage metformin 850 sr twice in day or should I take any other medicine or in addition to that for pcod?
I am suffer from early fall of sperm almost 3 to 4 min. But second time it takes half an hour. Thats why my question is that why I suffer early fall in first time. please help me.
Can levothyroxine sodium cause persistent low grade fever during usage for hypothyroidism. What are the side effects of levothyroxine and how to overcome?Please help sir.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
Since past 6 years I am suffering from pin pricking sensation in abdomen. I have had lots of constipation. Have tried a lot of ayurvedic and homeopathic doctors. I was prescribed medicines of stress none of which solved my problem. In fact stress medicines made my situation worse. I am taking homeopathic medicines for sluggish liver as Stools are sluggish. I am getting temporary relief from the medicines but not permanent relief. I feel bruises type of feeling in pelvic area. Occasionally chest pain occurs may be due to poor evacuation of Stools. Anyone can help me with a quick relief please?
My body starts itching when I eat something hot, spicy or when I go out in sun or when I do some physical work like running, lifting.What can be the reason behind this?
What should I do if I am getting to much tired and due to that I'm not able to sleep at night and therefore getting a severe headache.
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV is a virus which causes HIV infection and leads to "acquired immunodeficiency syndrome" or AIDS. HIV is transmitted by different means and ways.
Unprotected sex is a primary mode of transmission of the HIV virus from an infected person to a healthy person. Unprotected sex refers to having sexual intercourse without using a condom or any other mode of protection. It leads to HIV transmission along with other sexually transmitted infections.
How does HIV occur from unprotected sex?
While having sex without protection, the HIV present in the body fluids such as blood, sperm, vaginal fluid, pre-cum or anal mucus of an HIV infected patient can pass on to the body of his/her partner. The transmission occurs through the membranes of the penis in men, vagina in women, the rectum and also through mouth and throat. It is more likely for an HIV patient to pass on the virus during the first few months after getting infected. This is because the virus spreads over body fluids during this stage.
Which types of sex are more risky?
HIV is transmitted the most by having vaginal or anal sex. Anal sex accounts for being the riskiest because the lining present in the anus is much more delicate than the vaginal lining. It is prone to more damage, easily. There are two types of anal sex: receptive anal sex and insertive anal sex. Receptive anal sex is more risky.
HIV can also be acquired from oral sex. This can happen in case the person giving oral sex has ulcers in the mouth, sore and bleeding gums. In case the person receiving the oral sex is already infected, the other person gets HIV.
A person who has sex with multiple partners regularly is at a high risk of getting HIV because of unprotected sex. You can also take the package for Having Safe Sex.
Getting HIV from unprotected sex can be avoided if you use these precautions:
- Condoms: Condoms offer the precaution against HIV infection from anal or vaginal sex. They should be used by men before any kind of sexual contact to restrict the passing of semen or fluid, which may be infected by HIV.
- Lubricants: Sex is made easier by using lubricants and reduces the risk of tearing in the vagina or anus due to friction. The risk of a condom breaking is reduced using lubricants.
- Dental Dams: This is another precautionary device, which is a small sheet of plastic. It has to be placed to cover the mouth of the vagina or anus and reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
Unprotected sex is the primary cause of HIV and people who do not take precautions before sex are likely to be infected by HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
27F, have fever of 104 and now it is up to 102. Due to high fever my digestive system has stopped working and when I try to eat food it throws a bad breath. This making me uncomfortable and staying awake all night.(could not sleep with this bad breath) Please suggest a remedy to get rid of this bad breath.
Hello to all doctors. I want to know penis ke weak veins and arteries ko tight kaise kare. As I get very weak. So use tight kaise kare plx only home remedies.
Sir I have daily thin discharge stool and my platelets are getting low. Now Its 162000. 15 days ago it was 185,000. I feel tired and small headache. It may be liver problem or not? I do not drink and smoke.
Hello doctor. I am suffering from hand shaking, while I am only 16 years old. I feel too hard in the chemistry lab as well as while writing and drawing. So, please help me to get rid of hand shaking. Thank you.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.