Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Iswar Saran
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Iswar SaranYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old. I am suffering from migraine. Every night. It's very painful. Please any solution for this diggis.
My friend met with an accident on Saturday night due to blood clot in central part of the brain, he is in deep coma right now since that day. Please help me know he can be recovered.
There is no trustworthy evidence regarding what causes brain tumors, but there are a few risk factors that have been substantiated through research. Children and young people who receive radiation around the head are susceptible to developing tumors in the brain once they grow up. Also, people with a certain kind of rare genetic condition like neurofibromatosis may develop a brain tumor though such cases are very few in number. Age is also an important factor as people aged over 65 years are diagnosed with brain tumors at quadruple times higher than children and younger people.
Types of Brain Tumours:
A primary brain tumor originates in the brain, and they may or may not be cancerous. Some tumors can be benign, which do not spread in the surrounding tissues and are not very malicious. However, that does not signify that they will not cause any harm over time. Sometimes these tumors can be severe and cause a threat to the life of the sufferer. The National Cancer Institute reports that approximately there were 23, 380 fresh cases of brain tumors in 2014.
Identifying the Symptoms of Brain Tumors:
The symptoms of the brain tumor are dependent on various factors such as the size, type as well as the exact location of the tumor. These symptoms are triggered when any tumor is pressed or clashed against a nerve or disturbs a part of the brain. Symptoms are also felt when any tumor particle blocks the fluid flowing around the brain or when there is a swelling in the brain owing to the build-up of fluid.
Common symptoms include: headaches that get worse in the morning, nausea along with vomiting, an alteration in the speech, hearing and imbalances in walking and movement, mood swings, change in personality and ability to concentrate or remember things and seizures or convulsions.
Treatment for Brain Tumor:
Surgery is normally the most usual treatment for brain tumors, and the patient is given anesthesia, and the scalp is shaved before the surgery. Then, craniotomy is performed to open the skull, and the surgeon removes a bone piece out of the skull. Then the tumor is removed as much as possible. The bone is then restored back, and the incision on the scalp is closed. Sometimes surgery is not viable in case the tumor has developed in the brain stem or some other complex parts.
Neurosurgeons can surgically remove some tumors completely (called resection or complete removal). If the tumor is near sensitive areas of the brain, neurosurgeons will only be able to remove part of it (called partial removal). Even partial removals can relieve symptoms and facilitate or increase the effectiveness of other treatments.
The role of surgery in treating brain tumors:
Surgery can provide:
- The complete removal of some brain tumors
- A sample to enable doctors to diagnosis the tumor and recommend the most appropriate treatment
- Better quality of life:
- Reduced symptoms and improved ability to function (e.g., to think, speak or see better)
- Less pressure within the skull from the tumor
- A longer life
In case you or any of your near ones is affected with brain tumor, you should visit the doctor to know the possible treatments other than surgery and other important questions related to brain tumor.
I don't know I usually gets fits dnt knw why it's might be because of late night wake or tension after fits my headache usually happens a lot.
The unbearable and throbbing pain characteristic of a migraine can throw life off balance, affecting one's physical health beyond imagination. In extreme cases, the migraine pain that usually affects one side of the head (can be both sides as well), along with the associated discomfort (such as vomiting, dizziness, increased sensitivity towards sound or light, nausea) can last for several days, piling on the agony.
Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter that is involved in a host of functions including the regulation of cognitive and behavioral abilities or enhancing the mood of a person. Various research and scientific studies reveal that there is a sharp dip in the serotonin level during migraine attacks. Imbalance in the estrogen level is also found to trigger migraine pains in women. Stress and anxiety have also been found to play a pivotal role in triggering a migraine.
Homeopathy to keep Migraines at bay
Migraine attack is not a small disorder. It is a condition that can affect a person for lifelong, if not managed on time. When we talk about the treatment and management of migraine, homeopathy emerges as the best option. Homeopathy believes that the trigger for migraines varies among individuals. Therefore, the homeopathic approach involves proper evaluation of the affected individual to get to the base of the problem (trigger for migraines). The homeopathic treatment next aims to eliminate the contributing factor(s) through a concoction of lifestyle modifications and homeopathic medicines. In spite of the effectiveness of the homeopathic medicines in treating migraines, one should never go for SELF MEDICATION.
- Not known to many but the choice of foods can play a catalytic role in elevating the incidence of migraine. Salty and processed foods, alcoholic (wine in particular) and caffeinated drinks and beverages, cheese (aged), food additives and preservatives such as MSG and aspartame, missing out on one or more successive meals in a day or maintaining long gaps between the meals are the worst nemeses for migraines.
- Homeopathy emphasizes the importance of a healthy and nutritious diet. Daily intake of dark and green leafy vegetables (spinach, lettuce, beet greens, kale, arugula, to name a few), red meat, beef and beef liver (natural grass fed), eggs, nuts and seeds (walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds), whole grains, fish (salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, sardines), can work wonders to provide relief from migraines.
- Proper rest and sleep can contribute immensely to relax a person both physically and mentally keeping stress and migraines at bay.
- While exercises and physical activities are healthy, refrain from rigorous or strenuous activities (can worsen a migraine).
Some of the homeopathic medicines for migraines
Belladonna comes as a relief for patients dealing with an excruciating and throbbing pain that originates at the temporal region of the head. The face of such patients appears red and hot and there is an increased sensitivity to light and sound.
For migraine pain affecting the left side of the head that gradually radiates over to the left eye, Spigelia provides fruitful results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Recently I am on steroid medicines, for illness BELL'S PALSY. Its been 13 days from the treatment started. TODAY I HAD BLOOD drops coming out along with urine pass out, please indicate what does this mean?
I have essential tremor due to which I sometimes find problem in writing in my office specially while signing or writing nos. What to do? please advice me on this.
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to consult a doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.