Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dentists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshul Sharma
Submit a review for Dr. Harshul SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have a dental gum problem, gum is severely damage due to cavity formation how I shall free from cavity formation.
Hi I am having some black or brown seen between my gums and front teeth. I have gapped teeth on front side teeth may b called as canines. How to get rid of this black stuff may b caused due to food struck in gaps it looks horrible when I smile. It looks like tar stuck in between teeth. please help.
I have dental problem there is an gap between my teeth why this happen how to get rid of this between my age is 20 only kindly help me.
Sir I am suffering from halitosis ( bad breath) since 4 - 6 years, I have done scaling and also medication but there is no relief. Please sir solve my problem. I will be highly thankful to you for this.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.