Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gautam Swaroop
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Dr. Gautam SwaroopYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I am having skipping beat have done holter test and taking metofid thru doctors suggestion ,how will I know that skipping beat has stopped, what precautions I have to take please suggest.
I am 24 years old female, my weight is 72 kgs, I have fatty liver and cholesterol, my weight was 80 kgs I stopped eating out and started exercising I lost 8 kgs. Still I have to loose 8 kgs to come in the normal weight category , I have recently started reading articles on healthy diets diet plans, etc. I had gone to a dietician also I got a diet chart as well, I came across blood type diet pal . My blood group is o positive, according to it I should not eat wheat and dairy products, by according to my dietician I should control carbs and intake fiber , I am confused what I should do? How effective or ineffective is blood type diet.
My father (age 79 ) has recently undergone bypass heart surgery. A day before heart surgery, as he was complaining of blooding in stool, he was made to undergo colonoscopy and it was found that some polyps were there which needed to be removed. Some hemorrhoids (internal) were also found. Polyps were removed after polypectomy and bypass surgery was performed on the following day. However blooding in stool continued. Another colonoscopy has done to see the site of polypectomy. It was observed that there was no sign of blooding from that area and yellow stool was visible. They concluded that blooding was mainly due to internal hemorrhoids found in anus. Doctors have started treatment for the same by prescribing stool softener, laxitos, tablets and fiber supplements. However, HB level has reduced drastically, to 9.4 . Should we give him something for increasing the HB level. What is prescribed in this case.
I have detected by high cholesterol, how can I reduce the cholesterol level in blood. By medicines or by home remedies.?
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that results in rapid heartbeat leading to heart failure, stroke, and other cardiac complications. In this condition, the upper valves of the heart beat irregularly. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include weakness, heart palpitations and shortness of breath. There could be several episodes of Atrial fibrillation. Although it is not life threatening, there could be serious complications owing to the nature of the condition. Atrial fibrillation can also lead to a condition known as the ischemia.
What are the different types of Atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional- This condition is also known as paroxysmal fibrillation. Here the symptoms come and go. For few patients, the symptoms might stay for a few minutes, for others, it can stay up to hours before everything becomes normal again.
- Persistent- The beat of the heart does not go back to normal. Medication along with electric shocks might be required to amend the condition.
- Long-standing persistent- This is the kind of Atrial fibrillation that can last up to 12 months at stretch.
- Permanent- This is the type where the erratic rhythm of the heartbeat can’t be restored. Long term medication is required to fix the condition.
What are the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation?
Some of the possible causes of Atrial fibrillation include Coronary artery disease, sleep apnea, viral infection, lung diseases, exposure to tobacco, caffeine, etc, metabolic imbalance, hyperactive thyroid gland, viral infections, congenital heart defects, stress due to illness, pneumonia and surgery, history of heart surgeries etc.
What are the risk factors for Atrial fibrillation?
Here are some of the common risk factors for this condition:
- Age plays a critical role in any cardiac related disorder. The older a person is, the greater are the chances of Atrial fibrillation
- High blood pressure along with unhealthy lifestyle can increase the risk of Atrial fibrillation
- People with a history of obesity can get this disease
- Chronic conditions such as kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, thyroid problems can lead to Atrial fibrillation
- People with an existing heart condition such as heart problem, heart palpitation, valve failure, coronary artery disease etc have an increased risk of suffering from Atrial fibrillation.
How is Atrial fibrillation diagnosed?
A doctor might use one of the many tests or diagnostic technique that are available to diagnose this condition:
- ECG- This is first but an important test to fathom whether there are any irregularities in the heart beat. The sensor presents in the ECG machine throws heart bit diagram in the form of graphs.
- Echocardiogram- This is a technique wherein sound waves are passed through the heart and an image is taken to understand about any possible irregularities. This is a fine test that can readily detect underlying and structural heart diseases.
- Blood tests- Blood tests can help to identify any thyroid irregularity or other condition that might lead to Atrial fibrillation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.