Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.
I am 25 years old girl, and having some problem with my throat. Sometimes I feel tiny particles in my throat. I tried to remove it by coughing but it never comes out. When I put my finger in there it comes out occasionally. It is looks like pale-white sticky thing. My question is why is it happening? Is there anything to fear? Is it any symptom of cancer? Please answer me. I am very tensed and afraid also.
Hello I am felling very weakness and also suffer from cough is this due to masturbate Or its normal. Please reply me.
My son is suffering from Tonsillitis, all the tests have gone through and doctor suggested to go for a surgery to remove those, is there any other source in Ayurveda/Homeopathy without having a surgery to reduce Tonsils. Please suggest, Thanks.
Sir last 1.5 months I am suffering from cold and sinus problem after maalish head with oil or after bathing from head next day or that day its start sneezing and when I am in office it s continuously my nose sneering what should do to control when I am taken ockacet tab (cetrizine content) it control for day or 2days after again coming what should do to control.
I am suffering with less cough daily 4 times maximum and feeling less sputum in throat no cold or fever from 6 days same problem please help me what to do I'm scared about this.
Hello Sir, When we breathing the impure air such as sand dust, etc. Would those dust settle in lungs. Or would it com out in human waste.
Hi, I'm suffering from bloating for the past 1 year. It developed gradually, so, couldn't feel it. I thought it will get away soon. Now I feel my belly is full always. Breathing has become very shallow. Can't breathe fully from the naval. Due to lack of oxygen and fast breathing, I can't run, do exercise and get out of breath very soon. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink, my stomach feels heavy even after eating small meal or simply fruits. Kindly suggest me my options to cure it. Thank you.
I am having a severe cough and cold from last 2 week I had tried all types of medicines for this but still its as it is please suggest me some medicine for it as soon as possible.
What if some non-asthmatic patient takes bronchodilator? How long can be the side effects? My friend took around 70 tablets of 20 mcg over a period of 2 months 3 years ago. From any test does it get confirmed that he took bronchodilator? Or he had asthma (though He didn't have)? He is very tensed.
Cloves (lavang) are very useful to control diabetes, fever, cough, cold, vomiting, indigestion, iching, allergy, thirst, headache etc.
Its juice clears excess fat which blocks blood flow in nerves.
To reduce Fatigue : Take 10 gms of cloves and boil them in 150 ml water till water reduces to half the original quantity (75 ml).
Filter out the cloves and take 25 ml of this liquid 3 times per day in warm condition.
This will remove all tiredness, fatigue, stress and strain effects.
Body Pains : Take Clove oil and massage on are where you feel pain.
It can be used to massage gently with fingers on teeth and gums too to reduce toothache.
Headache, joint pains will also reduce.
Sore Throat : Keep 2 cloves at a time in your mouth and occassionally chew them and take its juice.
Let those cloves remain in mouth for atleast 30 minutes and delay this process to clear throat.
Cough : Make cloves powder and for 10 gms of it add 3 gms candy sugar powder, 5 gms honey, 10 gms butter and consume daily in morning and night.
Increase sperm count and vitality : Take equal quantity of clove powder, candy sugar powder and store in a bottle.
Daily add 5 gms of this mixture in 150 ml water and consume twice per day.
As Mosquito repellent : Take clove oil and put couple of drops of this oil at all four legs of your bed and also in all four corners of your bedroom.
This will keep mosquitoes away from your bed.
Pimples and Scars : Take cloves and ajwain seeds(jeera) equally and make paste with water.
This can be applied as face pack and wash after an hour.
It will clear all bacteria and virus on face skin and make in smooth and glowing.
Pain in Intenstines : Take 20 gm of clove powder and add to 500 ml water.
Boil till water reduces to half quantity.
For every 4 hours warm this liquid and take 30 ml per one time.
This will reduce pain in stomach, intestines, indigestion, vomiting sensation etc.
Cloves can be chewed for a while to control feeling of vomiting.
NOTE :- Before making clove power, fry them for 2 minutes in a pan on thin flame and then make powder.