Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
I usually get cold and cough in winters. I live in day temperature of 8 to 10 degree and -5 to -7 night temp. During winters. please help.
Hi Dr. I have completed. 6 months TB course and the Dr. suggested to stop the course before 3 years back but still I am suffering with same symptoms. Kindly suggest.
Sir, I am having cough and also tonsil due to which I can't take food properly due to pain. Can you please suggest some medicines.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I always have cough and blocks in my nose. Its really difficult to sleep with the same. I also heard that using otrivin is not so good. Can you please help?
I am suffering from sinus problem. I also have sneezing problem I sneeze 25 - 30 times a day So Please help.
Hi From past 1month I am suffering from respiration problem and I am not able to get sound sleep. For this I got treated in columbia asia hospital, medicine which I took is cap fluor 75mg 1-0-1x 3days azee 500mg 0-1-0 x 3days ceftum 500mg 1-0-1 x 3days singulair10mg1tab at night x 1 week deal or 5mg0-0-1x1week montek 0-0-1 x 10 these tablets consumed but in night time I am having veesing.
Necrotizing enterocolitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the tissues present in the intestines and results in damaged tissues. It initially affects the inner lining which ultimately results in thickening of the intestine. It may also lead to a hole in the abdomen resulting in bacteria entering the intestine, thus resulting in infection.
The symptoms of Necrotizing enterocolitis are:
- You may experience symptoms of bloating in the abdomen
- The abdomen may be discolored
- You may experience diarrhea and vomiting
- You may not feel hungry
- There may be presence of blood in your stool
- You may have a fever and constantly feel lethargic
Causes: Lack of blood and oxygen in the intestine causes it to become weak and increases the chances of Necrotizing enterocolitis. It may result if oxygen levels drop during a difficult delivery. If the intestines are weak, then they are at a higher risk of getting infected by bacteria. If you have an excessive supply of blood cells in your body or other stomach condition, then it may lead to this disease.
Diagnosis: Usually the doctor conducts a physical exam to detect the symptoms of this disease. If babies are born with this condition, then they may suffer from weak immune system and problems in blood circulation. The doctor may also recommend x-rays to get detailed images of the intestine in order to probe for symptoms of inflammation and damage.
The treatment of the disease depends on few factors such as:
- The child's age
- How far has the disease progressed?
- Health of your child
It is recommended to stop breastfeeding. Feed the baby through intravenous methods. The doctor may also recommend antibiotics and oxygen support if the child has breathing problems. In severe cases, the child may require surgery to treat this disease.
If the treatment occurs early, then the child may recover. However, complications such as a narrow and damaged bowel may persist. This may cause problems in nutrient absorption in the intestine leading to other disorders.
My daughter is complaining of breathing problem after given treatment also and saying that please move her to hospital immediately. This is from one month. Please suggest me suitable treatment for the same with low budget.
I HAD RESPIRATORY INFECTION FOR 4 MTHS AND FINALLY WAS FINDING DIFFICULTY IN CLIMBING STAIRS. CHECKING MY BP FOUND 230/130 . UNBELIEVABLE SINCE TILL DATE NO BP PROBLEM . WHAT COULD BE THE REASON FOR RISE
I'm 20 year old male. I've sinus problem from last 5 years.I have taken homeopathic medicine,instead no advantage,what should i do?
Im suffering from fever and cough from 4 days. I think this is flu. My friends suggesting that consult a doctor. But I prefer this app. Can you help me in this regard sir. What are the symptoms of flu?
I am suffering from a lot of cough from few days and my nose is blocked, what should I do in this case?
Hi, My Self Damanpreet Singh, 26 years old, I am suffering with sinus infection. Any ayurveda remedies with I can get relief.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.