Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amita MathurYour feedback matters!
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
I have a kid of 8 months she often feels difficulty while passing motion she struggles a lot and yesterday we met a doctor suggested to give pielin kid for 10 days and another doctor suggested durlcolum syrup can you please suggest me and now my kid is stepped to 9 months still she is in scrolling stage but she tries to front but many people says that your kid has to go front and many kids had been started walking if this is the situation remains the same you have to give treatment to her is it sir her weight is 7 kgs.
Our baby is 3 months 15 days baby. Doctor say that Pneumococcal Vaccine is necessary for a baby. We are confused whether to take that vaccination. Please suggest whether this vaccine is necessary or not.
A small boy he was infected by small pimples like he iched where where it was producesd whre he was itched he was telling it was so painfull so please give me some suggestions he was 7 years old.
Hi my 4 1/2 month baby do green and sticky potty 2 or 3 time a day is it normal? and some time he take feed after 4 hours gap
My daughter (infant) 18 months baby having a fever from past 5 days, after consulting doctor we are giving her iron supplement just two days back. But still fever is not reduced, every 4 hours we are giving medicine as per doctor strict ion, please suggest to reduce my daughter fever.
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
My son present age is 1 year 3 month year old, suffering from loose motion how to cure sir please help me ?
An numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
2 weeks back I observed my daughter's (3 years 2month) anus has some flower like structure coming out while doing potty. Its visible only when she is doing potty and at the finishing of potty or when trying to push it. Rest of the time its not visible. I consulted my paediatrics doctor and he has given a lotion to apply at the bottom and he told us to train her. Is this a serious issue? She is mostly constipated. What should I do to resolve this.
My daughter is 5 months old. I have started giving outside food. She is always crying even after taking a food. Please suggest solution for this.
My son put his finger in rectum when he goes to do poop. Is it safe or not. He always poop in standing position.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.