Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akansha Upadhyay(p.T.)
Submit a review for Dr. Akansha Upadhyay(p.T.)Your feedback matters!
My treatment of bells palsy is done by Akansha mam and I am getting very good results and recovery.
Dear Doctors I am HLA B27 positive I found through blood test but I do not any spine pain and joint pain I am totally perfect I do not have any body pain but I am worried about it please someone tell me about HLA b27 and what should I do should I worry or not.
Am having stomach pain and back pain like period times I used to get. But 23rd is my menstruation date and today its 20th is that pregnancy sign? 2-3 days I had vomiting and nausea.
I belongs to indore (mp) .my wife (50) has symptoms of fibromyalgia since 3 years. I want to know best treatment of it. Homeopathic/ayurvedic/alopathic, pl. Suggest best doctor in indore/mumbai/delhi etc. With address. At present taking homeopathic treatment with Rhus tox 200. Alopathic treatment does not suit, due to reaction of medicine like lack of appetite, no stomach clean and wants to sleep whole day.
In Ayuveda, muscle cramp is known as “khalli vaata”. Vyaana vaata it is a biological force that is responsible for regulating the functioning of your voluntary muscles. In case of a muscle cramp, the vyaana vaata gets impaired. Metabolic wastes are harmful toxins that tend to get accumulated in your system if not flushed out of your body and deposited between your muscle tissues and nerve-endings. This toxic waste is known as “aama” in Ayurveda, and it is known be a prominent cause of cramps. Besides aama, vata dosha is also responsible for muscles cramps.
Ayurveda provides a number of remedies to treat the problem of muscle cramps. The following are some of the most effective remedies to relief the discomfort of muscle cramps:
1. Drink warm milk to get instant relief from abdominal cramps. The alkaline properties of milk help to pacify the acidic condition in stomach that results in cramps. It is also a rich source of calcium which is known to aid in the relaxation of troubled muscles.
2. Physical activity including stretching exercise is effective in reducing the acute pain of leg cramps.
3. Garlic compound which is also called as 'Lagsunadivati' is helpful in relaxing muscles and it is also known to calm the “vata dosha” that aids in relieving muscle cramps.
5. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in minerals, calcium, potassium and magnesium as it is known to reduce the chances of muscle cramps.
6. Massage the painful region with 'prasarini taila' or 'mahanarayana taila' to relax the strained muscle.
7. Apply ice pack on the strained muscle to reduce the swelling and pain of the muscle.
8. Sinhanaada guggulu is well known to provide instant relief from muscle cramp. It has medicinal properties which have a mild laxative effect. It eases the problem of abdominal cramps and lessens the discomfort associated with it.
9. In case of extreme pain, 'Lakshmivilaas rasa', “Prataapa lankeswara rasa”, are among the most effective Ayurvedic medications which are known to provide relief in case of chronic muscle cramps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.