Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay PrakashYour feedback matters!
I feel my left eye like blur I can see anything which is near to me but I see like blurry when something is far to me Only in left eye Whats is the reason? And how I can prevent?
Hello sir I am veerpal sir my eye side is week I'm not seen to increase sir pls suggest me I can do everything.
Hello I am rahul 20 years old male I hve pain in my scalp and loosing hair also and my eyesight also going weak can't see words written on a distance of 3 meters what should I do to get rid from this problems?
Hi doc my question for you is that my eye power is minus 6.75. I have to do a lot work on computer. Sometime my right eye lid flick a little. Kindly provide me some solution and help me out. Thanks in advance.
I am 23 years old boy I have suffering from my eyes low visibility what to do for better visibility. The problem arises from last two years the eyes power are still same but I can able to see direct anything clearly with direct eyes .
Sir on my face under eyes there is swelling from last six months it looks like puffiness m not taking any medication no other sickness. Kindly tell me thr cause of it and to get rid.
I work at least 10 hour behind computer and it harm my eyesight and health also please give me suggestion regarding this matter.
I have both red eyes over 10 days what can I do. For this and my hand is paining over 2 days. So please help me. Thank you.
My eyes are watering continuously since last 10 years. I have taken treatments many times from various eye hospitals and Doctors but it couldn't stop. What should I do?
Every month once I get my eye problem. Only one eye any of both. Always tearing and morning lots of white sticky like gum. Now its over. But start soon my be.
I have severe headache from past 8 days. This month I was in a great stress. My eyes has itching and irritation.
Sir , I am having high myopia power lens both left and right -4.00 so what should I do to cure my eyes.
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.