Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AdilYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers they are too painful I drink coconut water everyday but can not see any improvements.
What to do for mouth ulcer, mouth ulcer is coming often in all climates, so please give me a good trick to heal this problem.
1) Helps diabetics by slowing sugar release into the bloodstream.
2) Boosts metabolism and increases energy because it is more likely to be burned as fuel than stored as body fat.
3) Helps treat malnutrition because it is easy to digest and absorb.
4) Kills disease-causing bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses because of the antimicrobial effects of its fatty acids.
5) Prevents strokes and brain disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6) Prevent tooth decay - coconut oil fights bacteria responsible for tooth decay and could be a healthy, non-chemical additive in toothpaste and mouthwash.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am suffering dental problem like bleeding from gum and smell of mouth, from last 1years can you suggest how can I treat.
Hello! I got a huge gap between my upper front teeth. Is there any way to permanently fill it up without any kinda surgery or something? Also my teeth are getting yellowish day by day. I brush em twice daily but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Help me pls!
Nearly everyone suffers from these mouth ulcers at one time or the other in their lives. Most would also agree that these insignificant looking ulcers can be a cause for a major discomfort. For some individuals, the irritation and pain can be so troublesome that it tends to disrupt their daily life. Pain caused by these ulcers, can at times can be so severe that it can limit their ability to properly speak and eat.
Besides the pain, mouth ulcers have another troublesome feature associated with them- ‘frequent recurrence’. They tend to occur very frequently in some individuals. Many patients complain that even when the first lot of ulcers hasn’t healed, a new set of ulcers are on their way. Mouth ulcers also tend to occur in crops (multiple numbers).Homeopathic treatment of it can be a great help in stopping their recurrence. It can also help during the acute phase in reducing the pain and shortening the duration of ulcers.
What are these mouth ulcers?
These ulcers (often called as apthous ulcers or canker sores) are shallow painful sores inside the mouth. They occur on the inside of lips, the insides of cheeks and the base of gums or under the tongue. They appear as a painful white or yellow ulcer surrounded by a bright red area. On a normal course they start with burning sensation followed by a red spot which then progresses into an ulcer. Pain usually subsides over a week?s period and the final healing takes place within 2-3 days Mild to moderate fever may also accompany them. They are different from fever blisters, which usually occur on the lips and corners of the mouth. Although ulcers in the mouth can be of different types such as cold sores etc., these apthous ulcers are of benign type and do not pose any danger, neither are they contagious in nature. These ulcers are more common in women than men and more often occur between the ages of 10 and 40. If an ulcer persists for more than two weeks please make sure to consult your physician.
What causes these ulcers?
Several factors that seem to trigger outbreaks of these apthous ulcers have been identified. Any one or a combination of them can lead to such ulcers. These factors are emotional stress, deficiencies in diet (Iron, B-12, and folic acid), menstrual periods, oral hygiene, allergy to food substances and trauma sites in mouth (where the tongue or cheek has got bitten). They may occur without any definite cause. It also seems that some have it running in their families. Research suggests that some people may get ulcers due to the usage of products containing SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate).This chemical is found in some toothpastes and mouthwashes.
Homeopathic Treatment of Mouth Ulcers
Homoeopathic Medicines that are often used for treating apthous ulcerations in mouth are Borax, Acid Sulf, Acid Nitric, Merc Sol and Kali Chloride etc
PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT
Avoid Foods that irritate
Certain foods can irritate your mouth try and avoid them these foods generally include acidic foods, nuts and certain spices.
Don’t Eat and talk at the same time.
This could cause slight trauma to your inner lining of the mouth which could lead to mouth ulcers.
Have a good oral hygiene
Regular flossing and brushing teeth after meals will give you a good oral hygiene thus help in avoiding ulcers..
you can consult me privately for treatment /permanent cure
Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic vengurla
I am suffering from bad breathing. And I have cavity in many of my teeth. I was afraid of the treatment and the high cost involve on this. I know it was too late but now I want a pepper solution with minimum cost. Would you please help me out? Any temporary solution for bad breathing?
I am 22 years old. I am having teeth pain and some teeth are yellow in colour inner side of the teeth. How can overcome this.
Hi. I dont have any dental problem but i feel my teeth is quite yellowish. I do drink a lot of coffee and i smoke too! i also brush twice a day and still i feel that my teeth is stained. Is there anything which will be helpful toet rid of this
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.