Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Achal MehrotraYour feedback matters!
Required cost for zirconium bridge - 6 tooth (2 canine and 3 incisor- one incisor and 2 canine are support for bridge).
Hi i am Having a toothache from long time n I'm out of station so can't visit here for a dental checkup so please suggest me any pain killer with long lasting results.
I am having problem of cavity. And my 3rd molar is coming so it pain a lot and its coming not in exact direction so any solutions of that.
Can I use any mouthwash for my 4 year and 10 month old child as he sometimes has bad odor in his mouth?
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
A tooth of my lower jawline is having sensation and little pain. But I don’t see any decay. Pleas suggest.
Hello Doctors! I have been always suffering with mouth ulcers throughout the year. Please guide me to get cure fast.
There are pairiya in my mouth. So my mouth too smells. So should I do, to over come pairiya. Do you have any domestic effective solution.
Hi I am 41yrs old man I have a problem of mouth ulcer in repeated nature from last two months although I have this problem in every season change but this time is repeated how to solve?
I am suffering with Fluorosis type disease. Which results in yellowish teeth ,how can I remove that colour from my tooth Thanks in advance.
I undergone root canal for two teeth. But for one teeth I feel sensitivity. One teeth while keeping cap dentist tried to shape the teeth and in that my above teeth got shaped and it is also paining now. Please advise what to do for my loosen teeth and what to do with the cap already placed.
I had my RCT treatment done 1 years before but now when I eat or drink something my tooth pains a lot please help what to do.
I am 18 years old today morning while I am taking brush to my teeth I vomited blood from my throat Previously a one week back I observed the same situation, why it happened ?
I am 25 old I am suffering mouth ulcer on month on month for 7 to 10 days in a month. Please give me any solution.
Let us thank you for your efforts, and we assure you that your kids will be thankful to you in the future
BRUSHING- the WHEN & HOWs…?
You should start with cleaning your infant’s teeth with a wet wash cloth, however as your kid gets more teeth, you can start to use a soft children’s toothbrush. Brushing should be done in more circular motion covering both front and back side of all the teeth from gums towards teeth.
The TOOTHPASTE confusion? Your child may be at risk of too much fluoride intake, so your choice of toothpaste is simple yet essential. If using fluoridated toothpaste, use a small, pea-size amount of toothpaste, so that there is little danger for your child getting too much fluoride if he swallows it. The alternative off course is to use non-fluoridated toothpaste, until they are spitting the toothpaste out.
FLOSSING- simple yet effective tool ? Flossing is an important part of good oral hygiene. Your child should start flossing from the age of 3-4 years, but they likely won't be able to floss on their own, so your role will be to assist them. It should be encouraged at least once a day
FLUORIDE- the right balance ? Children begin to need supplemental fluoride by the age of six months. The additional requirement is dependent on child’s environment. If your kid is drinking tap water and you live in an area with the water is fluoridated, then he should be getting an adequate amount of fluoride. If he doesn't drink water much, or is drinking well water, un-fluoridated bottled water, then he may not be getting enough fluoride to keep his teeth healthy. Talk with your Pediatric Dentist for elaborate details about fluoride supplements in forms of gels and varnishes.
SEALENTS- Sealing the future cavity ? A sealant is a plastic material that provides a protective coating to the teeth, thereby acts as a barrier against plaque and bacteria from being present in the grooves and pits of the teeth. Molars can be hard to clean with all the grooves and are prone to developing cavities, so sealants can do wonders.
FIRST VISIT- the sooner the better…?
Common practice is that one may not visit a dentist unless your child has risk factors for having problems with teeth, such as sleeping with cup/bottle, teeth staining, thumb sucking, night pain etc. However, an early visit to the child dentist is a good way to learn proper about basics of oral hygiene at an early age.