Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A K Singh
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K SinghYour feedback matters!
Overall experience was good. Clinic has a facility of PFT test. Doctor has prescribed medicines and tests and have to visit again with results.
Nice doctor...Like the way he is talking with patients...Listen the problem...And trying to resolve ..
he is really good doctor
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- COPD is a progressive lung disease
- It is caused by damage of lung from harmful chemicals that are breathed in because of air pollution or smoking.
- It has become the third biggest cause of death among adults from 5th in last few years due to sharp rise in air pollution and smoking habits.
- Chemicals cause inflammatory reactions, which on one hand damage the structures in the lung responsible for the exchange of oxygenated carbon dioxide into the bloodstream, but also increase mucus production in the airways and make prone to infections.
- COPD patients are at greater risk of developing exacerbations ('flare ups') which become more frequent and severe over time.
- The detection and treatment is necessary as it may evolve and become severe enough to even restrict patients from doing day today activity.
- General approaches such as exercise, nutrition, vaccinations against influenza and pneumococcal infections & medications are important in maintaining health
The secret to keep your lung healthy in the era of high air pollution is out:
1. Avoid smoking
2. Exercise at least 5 days a week
3. If you have lung or heart disease, then track air pollution levels before planning movement for work
4. Minimize indoor air pollution:
Avoid indoor fire places, candles, doing construction while staying in house, molds and dampness, air fresheners etc. Promote good ventilation & use air purifiers. Eat food healthy for lungs.
What to Eat?
1. Complex carbohydrates: whole grain bread and pasta, fresh fruit and vegetables. 2. High fiber diet: nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables.
3. Eat a good source of protein at least twice a day to help maintain strong respiratory muscles: milk, eggs, cheese, meat, fish, poultry, nuts and dried beans or peas.
4. Eat mono and poly-unsaturated fats, which do not contain cholesterol: oils from plant sources, such as canola, safflower and corn oils, multivitamins & calcium supplements especially if on steroids drink plenty of liquids: 6- 8 glasses of liquids.
5. Add colors to your meal: like carrot, cherries, avocado, apple, peaches, plums, citrus fruits like orange, grapefruit, kiwi, tomatoes, broccoli, lime.