Doctor in Gangotri Ayurveda
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Gangotri AyurvedaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashutosh Srivastava to be very helpful. My age 18
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, lifestyle-related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one-third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair-related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth.
Most people dread the prospect of having to deal with diabetes. After all, having any disease is not a nice prospect, let alone a lifestyle disease such as diabetes. For many people who have it, a lifetime of pill taking at different parts of the day is a reality. But what if, other successful forms of treatment were found to be effective? Yes, there is good news for all diabetic patients. Ayurveda is one such line of medicine, which has been successfully treating diabetic patients for centuries.
A lot of the effort to treat a person who has diabetes by using Ayurvedic principles has to do with the kind of food regularly consumed. This should not really come as that much of a surprise as our overall health has a lot more to do with the food that is eaten by a person than is normally thought. While cinnamon is considered to be great to add flavour to food, Chinese cinnamon, also known as cassia, which is sourced from the bark of the cinnamon tree, is a good resource to treat diabetes with.
When it comes to food items that should be avoided by a person who has diabetes, rice tops the list. It is something that should not be consumed in large quantities at all. This is true in spite of it being a staple food in many countries and for many people. Apart from this, eating potato does not do any favours either; so consume them in limited quantities.
It is very important to quit smoking and stop consuming alcohol to a large extent, if a complete withdrawal is not possible. In addition to this, sufficient sleep on a nightly basis is also key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. A person with diabetes would do well to make it a habit to practice meditation in a consistent way. Practising yoga and going for regular walks are also highly recommended. As a matter of fact, the activity level of a person should be high throughout the day and not just peak at the time of exercise.
One of the main beliefs of Ayurveda is that an overall healthy state of body needs to be maintained. If the body is not in balance, this will cause various problems in different parts of the body. As long as there is discipline, with Ayurveda, diabetes can be easily beaten!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae.
When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (especially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language.
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc-surrounding will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Peppermint tea is a type of herbal tea, also known to us as infusions or tisanes. It is a soothing beverage and offers a host of health benefits, particularly for those suffering from headaches, sinus problems or stomach issues. It is also an effective health tonic for your body. Peppermint tea is one of the most widely used and the most respected for its uses and benefits that you must know about.
For centuries, this tea has been used medicinally and is very commonly recommended by herbalists, alternative healers, and others as a treatment for different ailments. It is also advised to be taken as a general health tonic effective for a healthy body and mind. In addition to being a delicious beverage, peppermint tea offers numerous health benefits, particularly for those with stomach problems, headaches and sinus problems. Read on to find out about the benefits of peppermint tea, and why people laud it for its health benefits.
Benefits of drinking peppermint tea:
- A remedy for headaches: Peppermint tea is very helpful in treating headaches. It is more effective in staunching headaches that are caused by stress or a poor diet. These headaches typically restrict blood vessels in the brain, causing pain. Usually, painkillers relieve the pain by relaxing the blood vessels in the brain. Peppermint tea also does the same, it opens up the brain's constricted blood vessels, bringing instant relief. Peppermint oil in aromatherapy is also used for headaches and colds.
- A remedy for sinus problems: Peppermint contains Menthol which gives it its refreshing flavour. Menthol also helps peppermint fight sinus problems. The menthol in peppermint helps in sinus problems by calming inflamed mucous membranes in the sinuses and throat and by thinning the mucus so it is less likely to block the sinus passageways. Menthol also acts as a decongestant which means it breaks down phlegm and mucous congestion. You can breathe in the steam from peppermint tea to help your sinus become mucous free.
- A remedy for stomach upsets: Peppermint tea is a real stomach healer as it soothes and heals stomach aches, pains, and cramps. Peppermints also get rid of heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhoea. Peppermint oil is extremely effective against irritable bowel syndrome or IBS.
- A remedy of the brain: Peppermint tea improves brain function and makes you more mentally alert and also improves memory retrieval. Peppermint thus is extremely useful if you are driving back home after a stressful day. It’s also useful for students and those who suffer from stress-induced health problems because it calms you down.
- a remedy for menstrual cramps: Peppermint tea is known to ease constricting muscles. This is the reason it’s very useful for athletes as well as people suffering from anxiety. For this reason, it’s also particularly effective in treating cramps caused due to the constricting the muscles in the walls of the uterus.
Other ways it helps is due to its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, which makes it one hell of an effective skin cleanser and great for fighting bacterial infections when applied topically. It also acts as an analgesic and a treatment for skin disorders like rashes. It also has been shown to break down "bile stones" and reduce bad breath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 33 years old. I have hair fall issue. While combing, taking shower my hai falls a lot. What shall I do to stop hair fall and for it's growth.
Piles, fistula and fissures are the most common problems affecting the rectum and the anus. Both the rectum as well as the anus has a very rich vascular supply. There could be swelling of these blood vessels or tearing which can lead to the above conditions. Read on to know additional details about each of these conditions.
Piles: In simple words, swollen blood vessels of the anal region are called piles. It can be internal or external, depending on how far it is from the anal canal. If it is located farther inside the anal canal, it is called internal piles.
- Chronic constipation, where the person has to strain to pass stools
- Smoking and genetics can also lead to piles.
- In the early stages, once identified, simple topical medications for symptom relief are sufficient.
- Diet should be rich in fiber, with fruits and vegetables
- Increased water consumption
- Surgery if the disease has reached the stage of blood clots
- Prevention is advised if there is a family history by consuming a fiber-rich diet and maintaining hydration
Fistula: When an infected anal gland bursts into the anal canal, it constantly discharges pus into the anal canal and becomes a fistula. Hygienic toilet habits can help in preventing fistulas.
- A constant wet feeling in the anal area, due to pus discharge.
- This would be intermittent, and there would be periods with no discharge.
- There could be a foul smell due to pus discharge.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Identifying the exact location is important as surgery may be required.
- An ultrasound scan or an MRI is usually done.
- Newer techniques like Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment (VAAFT) are used. This locates the piles accurately and uses electric current to seal it with staples and surgical glue.
- Conventional surgery is also used for economic or accessibility reasons.
- Fissures: These cracks anywhere in the length of the anal canal are extremely common.
- Very painful and the person may not want to go to the toilet
- Rarely bleeding is also seen, maybe in very small amounts
- Over 90% of the fissures do not require surgery
- Switching to a high-fiber diet and improving hydration will help in managing these symptoms.
- Topical relief can be provided by medications.
- When they are recurrent, a procedure known as lateral sphincterotomy is done. This is an outpatient procedure and provides immediate relief.
Though one condition can lead to another, in most people, there is a strong genetic component, and working towards prevention is highly recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.