Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Amrit Clinic Panch Karma And Cancer CenterYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Shailendra Kumar Naithani is very good doctor as when my wife was suffering from Asthma last 3 years then only Dr. Shailendra Kumar Naithani treatment was success. Dr. Shailendra Kumar Naithani has changed my life again. Thanks once again to Dr. Shailendra Kumar Naithani.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
Nobody prefers to suffer from ailments such as Cirrhosis of liver. After all, it is difficult for a person, if his or her liver is not functioning properly. However, if in case a person is suffering from such kind of chronic ailment, then one can opt for Ayurvedic remedies, which do not have any side effects.
Why it occurs?
In order to know how it is treated, it is essential to understand what causes cirrhosis of the liver and what it means to have this dreaded condition. While there is a range of causes for the chronic disease, fatty liver disease along with hepatitis B and hepatitis C are the most common causes of Cirrhosis of the liver.
Alcohol consumption on an excessive level also bears its fair share of responsibility. As a matter of fact, Cirrhosis of the liver is caused on account of this sort of alcohol consumption and is responsible for more deaths than any other type.
Detoxifying your liver with Ayurveda
When it comes to the Ayurvedic way to treat this serious issue that is liver Cirrhosis, the main focus is on the complete and effective detoxification of the liver. One of the first things that is involved in this sort of treatment is a radical overhaul of the habits of the person whose quality of life is being seriously impinged on due to this disease.
De-addiction is a very important starting point. After all, it can be said to be only logical, that the treatment of a disease, which has been brought upon by the indulgence in a bad habit begins with the cessation of the habit.
Diet restrictions are also part and parcel of getting liver cirrhosis treated by making use of Ayurveda’s deep and ancient body of knowledge. In many cases, doing so does mean giving up consumption of meat. In addition to this, other things, which are to be done from the point of view of dietary changes include, but are not limited to, avoiding hot and oily food which tends to be heavy on the digestive system of the person who is undergoing treatment. With the body under so much pressure in any case, it makes no sense at all to add more load.
While all this may seem to be very cumbersome, it is to be kept in mind what wonders Ayurveda can accomplish and how does it work in repairing the damaged liver of the patient who is undergoing this course of treatment. The end result makes all the sacrifices worth the effort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals.
Hepatitis B is a viral infection, resulting in the inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis B is considered to be acute when it lasts up to six months and is tagged as chronic when the timeline exceeds six months. Some of the common symptoms of this disease are dark urine, queasiness, stomach ache, weakness and joint ache. Ayurveda is known to be an effective agent in treating Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B is diagnosed by presence of Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and IgM antibody to Hepatitis B core antigen (anti-HBc IgM) which develop in the serum in the early stages of infection at the time symptoms appear. Antibody to HBsAg (anti-HBs) develops after active infection and serves as an indicator of immunity.
Anti-HBs + - individual has been vaccinated, has received immune globulin, is immune, or is an infant who has received antibodies from his/her mother. Anti-HBc + - indicates past or present infection and lasts indefinitely. May be detected in an infant who has received antibodies from its mother. IgM anti-HBc + - indicates recent infection with HBV, usually within 4-6 months. HBeAg + - indicates active viral replication and high infectivity. HBsAg + HBV - acute or chronic HBV; persistence for 6 months after acute infection indicates progression to chronic HBV.
Treatment for Hepatitis B -
While there is no approved treatment for acute hepatitis B, few herbs which works as anti viral to HBV DNA and few as antioxident and heaptocytes protector from antigen now give the name of herbs you have given Infected individuals should practice safe sex. Avoiding contact with infected blood or other body fluids directly or on objects such as needles, razors, toothbrushes, etc., may reduce the risk of transmission. Sores and rashes should be covered with bandages and blood on any surface should be cleaned up with household bleach.
Listed below are some of the natural herbs that help in fighting Hepatitis B:
- Katuki: The scientific name of the herb is picrorhiza kurroa. Studies have shown that katuki increases gall bladder shrinkage. It helps in digestion by curing liver ailments. It can be consumed every alternate day to fetch fast recovery.
- Kalmegh: This Indian herb is better known as andrographis paniculata in the scientific community. It helps in raising the level of serum and the globulin component of protein.
- Poerhavin diffusa: This is part of the actual plant and is better by the name of Punarnava. It addresses blandness and dyspepsia.
- Tamarix gallica: Owing to its sugary taste, this herb is easily accepted by children. They have a cleansing effect on the intestine and assist in smooth blood flow of a patient suffering from hepatitis B.
- Terminalia chebula: This is also known as Haritaki in the Indian subcontinent and helps in decreasing the level of liver spleen. This herb should be consumed with honey on alternate days.
- Eclipta Alba: This herb is more commonly known as bhringraj. It helps in reviving the liver cells and clears toxins from the body. This herb has a certain rejuvenating effect on patients suffering from hepatitis B.
- Chicory: This is considered to be a miraculous drug, owing to its ability of revitalising the liver and kidney. It cleanses the blood and speeds up the recovery of hepatitis B.
- Solanum indicum: This herb has the ability to counter alkaline phosphate that damages the liver. They also have the capability to renovate the liver cells in a very quick time.
- Capparis spinosa: This herb has the ability to address viral hepatitis. Apart from addressing liver problems, they are also known to be extremely effective in countering anxiety and itching. It suits elderly persons. They can be consumed 2– 3 times a week in the form of an extract.
- Echinacea purpurea: This herb is more commonly known as the echinacia. They have the unique ability of eradicating liver ailments in a short span of time. Apart from being a favourable liver agent, echinacia can bring down swelling of the liver and also safeguard a person from getting the flu. This can be consumed as extract or mixed with fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 20 year old male. I am suffering from severe acne problem. I am taking sotret medicine since 15 days. Acne has healed little bit. But still it's there. What should I do? How long it will take to heal the acne or should I change the medicine.
Grind seeds of fenugreek, turmeric white pepper and take with a glass of milk twice daily to control diabetes.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 10 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results.
Dietetics and regimen of shared [ autumn] season [month of October and November
According to Ayurveda sharad or autumn season is the time when pitta aggravates causing pitta ailments like hemorrhagic fevers [ dengue,] urinary tract infection, hyperacidity, aggravation of acid peptic ailments, high-grade fevers, allergies,
In order to avoid pitta aggravation one should not take acidic, salty, and pungent taste and use sweet light cold and bitter food and drinks
Avoid sun bath
Avoid daytime sleep
One should use ghee [ clarified butter] in food as ghee is best pitta shamak and stimulant of agni [bmr and digestive powers]
Rays of the moon are very much beneficial for health in this season but not during midnight as that time it is cold.
Outbreak of dengue fever is on full swing across entire country and plasma leakage make it fatal which is caused by aggravated pitta according to ayurveda, otherwise classical dengue fever is not dangerous.
Here there are few tips how to balance aggravated pitta to prevent hemorrhage-
1 avoid, pain killers, skipping meals, hot baths excessive work out, stimulents like coffe alcohal, excessive sun exposure
2 reduce foods which are excessively hot, sour, salty, spicy,
3 consume foods which are sweet bitter cool and heavy
4 do not overwork and stress
5 use cold milk with dates and honey prior to sleep
Hi. I am 27 year old male. To add to my workout routine every morning, I would like to perform squats, as squats strengthen legs and workout total body. But there are controversies that squats may injure knees over the long run. Can you please suggest whether I can add squats to my workout routine? To add, I am already doing them for two weeks and I am feeling very good. My metabolism seems to improve and feeling light for the complete day.
Vitiligo (Safed Daag) or Leucoderma is a non-infectious disorder of skin; where white lesions (patches) are formed. Vitiligo is caused by stoppage of melanin (color pigment) formation by melanin producing cell, melanocyte; as a result depigmented macules are formed. These macules may vary in size and shape and can be located in any part of body even on mucus membrane of lips and genitals.
The common areas affected are face, hand, feet, axillae, groins and trunk. The areas which are subjected to friction and trauma are usually involved and anywhere in skin white depigmented scar is formed.
Vitiligo can also be precipitated due to these causative factors:
Persistant pressure of string of underwear or in a person who wear tight string of underwear
Use of plastic slippers (over dorsa of feet), plastic bindi and rubber gloves
Use of rubber brassieres.
In Ayurveda all the skin ailments are usually described under the head “Kusth”. Vitiligo in Ayurveda classical text is described as “Svitra” or “Shveta Kusth”. While classifying Kusth in its 18 main types ancient Ayurvedic erudite had omitted Vitiligo due to its non infectious nature.
The lesion of Vitiligo is painless and remains sensory unlike leprosy. Except the cosmetic defect Vitiligo is an absolutely harmless disease.
Treatment: There is a common myth about the Vitiligo that it cannot be cured but contrary to this; remarkable repigmentation can be achieved in every patient and its spread can be arrested provided that patient follows dietary restrictions and take appropriate treatment for prescribed duration. A proper assessment of known causative factor of Vitiligo; such as plastic slippers; gloves; and other plastic materials; pressure or traumas is very mandatory and if any such factor is the cause, instruct the patient to discard them. T
The Ayurvedic concept regarding the treatment of Vitiligo is comprehensive. Both Sodhan (Purifications) and Saman Chikitsa is being advocated for the treatment.
Sodhan is chiefly performed with liquid extract of Kakoudambur (Ficus Hispida) with sugar lump.
Saman Chikitsa is mainly composed of:
A. Kastha Aushadhi (Herbal drugs )
B. Ras Aushadhi (Herbo-mineral drugs)
A. In group of Kastha Aushadhi there are mainly 2 types of drugs:
1. Photo Sensitizing Drugs
2. Blood purifiers
1) Photo sensitizing drugs: It includes Psoralea corylifolia (Bavachi) Ammi Majus (Aatri lal) Semicarpus anacardium (Marking nut) and Ficus hispida (Kakoudambur). These Drugs are used locally as well as systemically with sun exposure. Sun exposure is usually advised after 3 hours of oral administration; and 45 minutes of local application of the medicines at least for 10 minutes. These drugs are given once a day during daytime only because without sun exposure these drugs cannot initiate repigmentation.
2) Blood Purifiers : As Svitra (Vitiligo) is a disease of Rakta Vikrati (Auto immune disorder) therefore blood purifying drugs like Curcuma longa; Eclipta alba; Tinospora Cordifolia; Hemidascus indicus; Acacia catechu; Acaranthes aspera are used to redress the blood morbidity.
B. Ras Aushadhi (Herbo-mineral drugs): It includes chiefly Ras Manikya, Taal Sindur, Sameer Pannag Ras, and Talkeshwar Ras. These drugs act like an Immuno Supressant and usually used in those patient where spread of disease is very fast to arrest the spread of disease. Tamra Bhasm; Kashish Bhasm; are also used to initiate repigmentation. After initiation of repigmentation; treatment must be continued till the desired complete repigmentation of all the lesions is achieved. But some stubborn lesions especially of mucosal surface of palms and fingers tips; sometimes respond very poorly or incomplete. These residual repigmented area can be subjected to camouflage. For this Paste made from Mehndi (Henna) leaves is applied to affected area or lotion made from root of Plumbago Zeylenica in absolute alcohol is painted over skin. This impart natural color which last for two or four days.
In order to avoid pittaj aggravation one should not take acidic, salty, and pungent taste and use sweet light cold and bitter food and drinks
Avoid sun bath
Avoid day time sleep
One should use ghee [ clarified butter] in food as ghee is best pitta shamak and stimulant of agni [bmr and digestive powers]
Rays of moon are very much beneficial for health in this season