Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Lonavala. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash Parakh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash ParakhYour feedback matters!
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.
My daughter is 16 year old. She has dust allergy and asthmatic problem. She faces this problem more in april and october. Now she has cough and breathing problem. She is taking 2 puf of asthmatic since 4 days and Grilinctus BM syrup three times. We want permanent cure. Homeopathic medicine like netself 30 and ars 200 in liquid solution (4 drop in 500 ml) also given to her regularly. Kindly suggest the homeopathic medicine so she become permanent cure also inform whether is is given along with english medicine. My daughter is 16 year old. She has dust allergy and asthmatic problem. She faces this problem more in april and october. Now she has cough and breathing problem. She is taking 2 puf of asthmatic since 4 days and Grilinctus BM syrup three times. We want permanent cure. Homeopathic medicine like netself 30 and ars 200 in liquid solution (4 drop in 500 ml) also given to her regularly. Kindly suggest the homeopathic medicine so she become permanent cure also inform whether is is given along with english medicine.
My baby is 35 days old. Today circumcision was done. Nurse told me to give water for him. Till now I only breast feed. Is it necessary to feed water?
I am 28 breastfeeding mother, feeling weakness, backache,teeth ache ,lack of calcium nd iron pls suggest me any tonic, medcn or home remedies.
My 4 years baby not eating food properly and she vomiting while taking food every day, Please suggest good medicine for control vomiting Thank you.
Sir my baby is 10 month old and her weight is 10.30 kg. I want suggestions of starting iron and calcium syrup and how much it.
Hi, My daughter is 16 months old and she has 4 upper teeth and 4 lower teeth and one of the upper teeth little black color is to afraid about that please tell me reason.
The problem is rooted in brain chemistry, not discipline. In fact, overly strict parenting - which may involve punishing a child for things he can't control - can actually make ADHD symptoms worse.
Professional interventions, such as drug therapy, psychotherapy, and behavior modification therapy, are usually required - follow child psychiatry n learn more.