Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Lakhimpur Kheri. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. C. Singh
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Submit a review for Dr. R. C. SinghYour feedback matters!
Sports activities can lead to severe injuries, and the treatment administered differs, based on the severity of the injury. Muscle injuries are often healed using platelet-rich plasma. Called PRP in short, this therapy gained an immense popularity almost a decade back.
How does it work?
Blood is composed of cellular elements and plasma. PRP is the blood with concentrated platelets and is rich in bio-reactive proteins. This also contains factors that are vital to accelerating growth. PRP aids in faster tissue regeneration and repair. Bones, tendons, and ligaments are the connective tissues in the body, and they need to heal together, which is what this therapy promotes.
A regenerate therapy for faster healing
This therapy is performed by taking out a small amount of blood from the patient’s body. The platelet concentration is augmented by placing it in a centrifuge, and the growth factors are also promoted. Then this plasma is injected into the affected area. It is injected straight into the damaged area. This therapy suits all sorts of sports injuries, arthritis, inflammation, plantar fasciitis, knee ligament injuries, tennis elbow, patella tendinopathy, and Achilles tendinopathy. Joint pain that is caused by an acute injury, early partial tendon tears, and any chronic degenerative disease, too, can be cured with PRP.
Conditions that can be cured with PRP
When athletes are involved in sports activities, a few joints are constantly used. As a result, the tendons experience microscopic tear, and it takes a lot of time for these tendons to heal because the blood supply is not adequate here. When you get injected with the PRP, the nutrients and growth factors required are supplied and it helps in faster healing. Here are a few injuries that can benefit from PRP. It is often seen that celebrities suffering from the condition use this regenerative therapy.
- Rotator Cuff injuries: Sports injuries can occur commonly in the shoulder joints, where lots of actions can take place. With the arm motion more repetitive in sports such as baseball or basketball, this condition can be seen repetitively. Accidents, too, can result in rotator cuff injuries. When the rotator cuffs suffer from a partial tear of tendons or inflammation, PRP injections can offer the solace. However, if rotator cuffs experience severe damage, then only surgery can be helpful.
- Plantar Fasciitis: When the sports require a lot of footwork, an injury may result. Runners are often found suffering from a sports injury. People who stand on feet for long hours too can face this condition. This condition responds well to PRP injections. However, if not treated for long or left unattended, a surgery becomes the sole option for relief.
- Tennis Elbow: The forearms are often used in sports like tennis. The tendons, due to continuous usage, can tear. The repetitive stress on these tendons can also lead to inflammation. Not only sports people but even cooks, painters, carpenters, and assembly line workers can find this a trouble. PRP injections offer the required growth factors to heal the tendons and help to get back to normal life faster.
With hordes of regenerative therapies available, consult a professional to choose the best for you. Also, your physician should be the right person to decide if it is time for a surgery.
I am having rashes on my legs (lower legs & thigh, arms & genitals) inner skin also means When we pull upper skin little back in that area also It appears if I do some heavy work or little exercise or travel for 2.3 hours & after 4 to 5 days these rashes slowly get disappeared, m feeling itchiness also, sometimes on my face, neck & back. I'm done with lots of tests, results normal but my IgE level shows 610 & my ESR showing 52 mm. Does my IgE level & ESR have any concern with my rashes n all. TESTS I DID: ESR -52 IgE-652 ANA by IFA & IGG- negative ANCA- NEGATIVE HEP. B & C -NEGATIVE HIV-NEGATIVE SKIN BIOPSY- STUDY NORMAL CBC, LFT,ECG, USG,& DOPPLER'SCAN ALL SHOWS NORMAL. Pls consult.
At my childhood my cheeks were chubby and heavy. But as I'm growing up my cheeks going down and now my cheeks are not chubby so what I do to get my cheeks back to chubby.
I am 21 yrs old. I have skin issue. Its totally dry and with blackheads. I want a solution to make it pimple fre, smooth and soft.
I am 43 years of age, my left chin right from lower side of eye is not clear have some blackish marks. I have used few creams but not useful. This is from my college age when I used to massage pimples, I think this could be the reason. It is like a permanent marks. Can you please suggest.
Last I year I suffer itching and skin peeling over the both palm and fingers, Dr. diagnoses it is atopic dermatitis, treatment given betamethasone ointment.
I want to know that, is the electrocautery is required to sterilization prior to use? Actually, one doctor remove some dead skin part from hand but is did not followed any standard procedure of sterilization, just use the sprite. I want to know that is there any risk? What step should I take? Kindly inform me. Thanks.
There are many health benefits of donating blood which include good health, reducing the risk of cancer along with hemochromatosis. Moreover, blood donation is good for the normal functioning of pancreas and liver. With the blood donation, an individual can improve the cardiovascular health as well as reduce the risk of obesity.
Every day blood transfusions take place saving millions of life on earth. And the best part is that blood donation is good for the donor. It is crucial for the blood donation to take place in a medical facility under the supervision of experts. The donors must ensure that they are in optimum health conditions for avoiding any health issues after the transfusion is completed.
Benefits of donating blood:
There are numerous benefits of blood donation, and some of them include-
- Hemochromatosis: The health benefits of blood donation reduce the risk of developing hemochromatosis. It is a disorder which arises owing to excessive absorption of iron in the human body. This condition can be inherited through the genes or may also be triggered by uncontrolled alcoholism, chronic anaemia and other health problems. One should take part in blood donation on a regular basis for the reduction of iron overload.
- Anti cancer health benefits: Donating blood at regular intervals can also lower the risk of cancer. After donating blood, the iron stored in the body is maintained at healthy levels. The reduction in the iron concentrations in the body is also connected with reduced risk of cancer and thus helps keep cancer at bay.
- Good for liver and heart: Blood donation is useful for reducing the risk of heart and liver disorders which are triggered by the iron overload in the body. Only a limited amount of iron can be absorbed by the body, and the rest starts accumulating in the heart, pancreas and lungs. This can pave the way for liver failure and cirrhosis, damage to the pancreas and complications in the heart such as irregular heart rhythms. The blood donation helps in maintaining the optimum iron levels as well as reduces the risk of different ailments.
- Helps in weight loss: Regular blood donation also helps in weight of the donors. This is great for those who are overweight and obese. It is advantageous for those who are suffering from cardiovascular and other health disorders.
- Production of new cells: After the donation of blood, the body starts working for replenishing the loss of blood. This helps in stimulating the production of new blood cells and in turn aids in the maintenance of good health.
It is imperative to note here that to enjoy the benefits of blood donation, an individual has to wait for eight weeks after a session of whole blood donation. Also, it is crucial to wait for 16 weeks in between the power red blood donation. One should always consult with the doctor to be sure that he or she is fit for donating blood and should avoid it while suffering from any disorders or infections.