Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bhuj and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. Jijar SalviYour feedback matters!
I had seizure 3 years ago. I consulted a neurologist and stated taking leviteractam tablets, still taking it. Never had seizure again in 3 years. But I'm unclear about the doctor as he is not commenting on stopping the tablets even after normal EEG reports. What should I do about this?
I have been suffering from headache since long time, I think it's might be due to 'migraines' and stressed life Mostly I feel pain on one side of head and also another symptoms of migrations are visible at the same time like Nausea, Light sensitivity, frequency of 2 times per week. Please advise what should I do now.
There is vibration in my head at anytime. Body also vibrates but head vibrates more. Like saying no by gestures in a speedy manner means more times.
Hi I am suffering of epilepsy Which type food should eat And Which types food should avoid And What should I do for relief 1. Epilex chrono 300 mg 8 am and 8 pm 2. Frisium 10 mg Sleep time.
I can't sleep at night. I think I'm suffering from insomnia. Can you please help me to get out of it. Thanks.
I am 50 years old. I have numbness in my fingers now the it is transferred to hand also. I want to consult the doctor. Which Department doctor should I go? Should I go to Rheumatologist or neurologist.
I have essential tremor due to which I sometimes find problem in writing in my office specially while signing or writing nos. What to do? please advice me on this.
Hi. Doctors I have a problem from few days I feel my nerve always shaken. Even in time of bath my all body has shaken. feel very weak. Kindly suggest is it any daises either what kind of medicine I should take for release from this problem.
My father had epilepsy stroke 2 years back so he is consuming eptoin from 2 years now he is not going for regular consultancy but is consuming eptoin as a regular medicine till death is it right that for epilepsy patient eptoin is compulsory till his her death?
I am 18 yrs old and am suffering from migraine since past 3 yrs, I couldnt study and hang out due to this problem. Is ther any solution to get completely rid from this chronic migraine? If yes please do help me!
I had perineurioma and had the tumour in my feet removed 2 years back: but the pain still prevails - so does the fibroid growth: what should I do now?
I have severe head ache and taking pain relief pills but is of no use. taken medical check up for migraine also. But it is not migraine. Due to more exposure to computer facing this problem.
I want to increase my stamina always im sick at every time so please tell me and I also facing de hydration and also my hands are shaking automatically so please can you help me.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.