Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kurnool and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi BYour feedback matters!
Mereko naak m kaan m ankh m khujli hoti h or khashi atti h, mje kya diet leni chahiye Jo y thik ho jaye.
I have head ache due to eye sight. My eye sight had been increased from -1 to -2, but i'm still having my old -1 skeptical. Is the head ache due to the old skeptical.
I have irritation in my eyes frequently. My eyes waters sometimes on itching. It is uneasy. I get pressure on my eyes sometimes. Please help me!
Can I use combigan and lowprost eye drop together. Earlier I was using combigan and 9 pm eyedrop for eye pressure. 9 pm eye drop is not available in the market now.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
Daily morning I am facing headache, and eyes are getting red colour Kindly give exact solution for this.
I have red eyes for over 7 days. I used cyox eye drop for 2 times but still they are same. What should I do?
I am 21 year old. My eyes are not working properly. I use spectacles which no. Is increasing day by day. How can I stop it?
Sir I am having eye problem. Firstly it started from June. And I took medication from doctor then it reduced and now it started again. Before that I want to precisely state few points that before June 2016 nearly 2 years I waited for colleges from Usa and I got in November 2015 and for some constraints I dropped down. At that time I forcibly put down my sleep at 11 pm and 12 am. And for consultant of Usa colleges I used to sleep at 3 or 4 am. And I got jetlagged at 3 am to 4 am and used to wake up at 11 am in the morning. And in June I got burning sensation in my eyes because of vigorous computer browsing for colleges and replying mails and for Usa universities negotiations now I got an admission in a reputed college in hyderabad. Now the problem here is from 8 am to night 12 pm I use to sit in front of computer and after 6 pm at practice time I am getting mild eye pain and headache and I can't concentrate on studies. Please give me solution and exercise if possible and food diet as well. I am a pure vegetarian. Thanks.
My son wants to get his speciticals removed. So please advise me which type of operation should we go for?
Hi. I am 29 years old, my eyesight is blur when ever I look something at a distance. I kindly request you to help me with my problem. Thanking you.
What are the general symptoms of eye flu. I have red eyes and many more problems in my eyes. What should I do for it please reply urgent.
I am 61 year old male, 12 years of diabetes history, bypass done 9 months back. From last 1. 5 months I have double vision. (diabetes eye problem. )
Refractive surgery is the term used in describing various surgical procedures to correct vision problems like near-sightedness, far-sightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism. This surgery can be performed in order to reduce the dependence on prescription lenses. There are a few kinds of refractive surgeries that can be performed among which LASIK surgery is the most common. Other types of refractive surgeries include intraocular lens procedures, which maybe more beneficial according to the needs of the individuals.
In this surgical procedure, near-sightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia and astigmatism can be corrected by laser. A microkeratome blade or a femtosecond laser is used to create a thin flap in the cornea. The corneal tissue underneath the flaps is then removed using excimer laser. After this, the flaps are laid back in place, thereby covering the removed corneal tissue. In case of near-sighted people, LASIK is used in order to flatten the cornea, which is too steep and in case of farsighted individuals, steep cornea is required. Also by smoothing irregular cornea, astigmatism can be corrected.
In order to consider LASIK eye surgery, one should first evaluate if the LASIK surgeon is right for them or not. After this, the procedure includes an examination of eye health, the kind of vision correction required, and the amount of corneal tissue removal required. Determination of other health factors that may cause disqualification of LASIK surgery is also necessary or there may be hazardous circumstances.
Other laser surgeries
It may so happen that an individual might not be qualified for LASIK. However, they might qualify for other laser eye surgeries like photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), LASEK and Epi-LASIK.
Individuals can also opt for surgeries that are non-laser for correction of their vision. An individual’s eye-structure and prescription are considered in order to determine what procedure would suit them best.
Common facts about LASIK
- It is a procedure which is outpatient, which means that individuals do not have to stay overnight at the surgery centre.
- This surgery usually requires less than 10 minutes and does not require anaesthesia. So individuals are generally awake during the surgery. In case of cornea reshaping, each eye requires about one minute.
- This surgery does not require time to heal. The healing process starts almost immediately after the procedure is completed. However, individuals may experience blurred vision and fluctuations in vision for a few weeks.
- It is important that individuals schedule regular follow-ups after the surgery. Vision usually becomes stable and entirely clear within a period of six months.
I have a severe problem from at least 1 year. When I wear my specs, the portion where the nose pads are placed is paining too much. I can't bear the pain. My eyes are also paining too much, I think due to that. I have consulted many Doctors and also changed many frames such as Light ones, With out nose pad, etc. But unable to overcome the problem. Please help me out.
My 4 month old lab puppy have red eyes what can I do he eats lots of things from outside like mud etc.
In modern time, dry eye has become a major ophthalmic problem. Itching, grittiness, watering, foreign body sensations, discharge and at times blurred vision can be the symptoms of dry eyes. Such patients feel relief when they wash their eyes with water.
The condition can be diagnosed by the symptoms or by shirmer test. Even those who use computer get "computer vision syndrome" which is due to dry eyes. Post lasik or after any eye surgery, patient can have dry eyes. Most of the women at menopausal age get dry eyes. The incidence of dry eyes increases with age.
You must consult an ophthalmologist if you have any of these complaints.