Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kurnool and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Keerthi B
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi BYour feedback matters!
Sir, water is coming from my eyes from many days. It is not an eye viral something else would you suggest some possible reasons with medicine names.
I have a weak eyesight. Can you give proper diet which I follow to increase my eyesight and also give me some exercises about it.
I am undergoing some online coaching for competitive exams from 6 months. I always stay in front of laptop and mostly listen to video lectures and study soft copies. I am using ARC glasses (sight -0.5) and head phones. Up to now I did not pay attention to my health and now I am thinking of some precautions and preventive measures to protect my eyes and ears. It is not possible for me to give up coaching and it will continue for other 6 months. Please help in this regard. Thankyou.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering from floaters lately. From 2nd nov I am feeling that the floor beneath me is shaking and the bed I am sitting on is going high and low. What can be the possible reason for this? What to do?
I study a lot around 10-12 hrs a day and my eyes got pain and becomes red like when somebody do not sleep 2-3 days or like alcoholic person. After sleeping 7-8 hrs the condition is same reddish. What is the problem and cure of it. Please tell.
Symptoms, types and treatment of Glaucoma
Hi guys! I am Dr. Ravi Thadani from Ravi eye Foundation. Today we are talking about a condition called Glaucoma. Glaucoma in Hindi is known as kala motia, kala pani and some parts of India it is known as savarbai. This is one of the most common cause for irreversible vision loss in India. There are various types of Glaucomas. What is exactly Glaucoma. It is a condition in which normally the pressure of the eye is raised because of some blockage, outflow of aqueous humor which is normally produced inside the eye continuously.
There are various types of glaucoma, the most common is chronic type of glaucoma. In this chronic type of glaucoma there is gradual and slow increase in the pressure of the eye which causes a little and gradual damage. I am showing you the illustration (displays the illustration) of this condition. This is the angle of the eye where there are drainage tubes which takes out the fluid which is being produced inside the eye. There is some sort of blockage here because of one or some other reason or narrow angle so the fluid is not being drained out and thus it keeps on collecting inside the eye, this is causing increased intra-ocular pressure in the eye. This gradual increase in pressure of the eye causes continuous pressure in the nerve of the eye, which causes damage to the nerves and the retina. Because it is a slow process most of the times there are no symptoms, but few symptoms some people can notice many a times.
This is most commonly seen in people of 40 to 50 years of age and are ‘colored halos’, sometimes they may complain of chronic and frequent headaches and frequent change in the power of the glasses. There are few types of glaucoma which are not very common like Acute Glaucoma, Conginetal Glaucoma, Secondary, Traumatic. The incidence of this condition is more commonly seen in patients who have a very strong family History of Glaucoma or the patients who are diabetics. Most of the time the chronic glaucoma is detected during routine eye examination, whenever the patient comes to a eye surgeon for routine eye check up, if he is of age more than 40 years then we usually do a comprehensive eye check up in which we try to rule out any findings related to glaucoma. That’s the reason we we always recommend to all the patients to go for a routine comprehensive eye check up after 40 years of age in 1 or 1 and a half years. If this condition starts it is timely detected and treated.
There are few diagnostics tools whoch help us to detect glaucoma, like tonometry, OCT, Gonioscopy and few other tools which helps us to establish diagnosis of glaucoma. Once this condition is established, nowadays we have such a large number of medicines which helps us to control it very nicely. It was in the old days, say about 2 to 3 decades back when there were not much medicines and we used to depend upon only surgical treatments or just a few medicines which used to cause a lot of people turning into blind. But nowadays the main domain remains its early detection, timely treatment is started and if the patient continuously puts the medicine and he is contact with the eye surgeon then most of the cases they save their vision for much longer time.
If you guys have any queries or you want to consult me regarding glaucoma you can call me or you can consult me online at Lybrate.