Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kottayam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seena V
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seena VYour feedback matters!
Hi, my mom had a fainting spell today. She had loose motions since yesterday she might have gone 6 times. She was feeling weak and tired and also had body ache. Today somewhere in the afternoon while standing she had a black out and passed out. She passed out with her eyes open and her mouth clenched really tight. We had to put a spoon inside her mouth to prevent it from getting locked. She regained consciousness in 5 mins, and had no recollection of what happened. We rushed her to the doctor and the doctor checked her pressure, blood level, and temperature. But everything seemed normal. I am petrified I need a second opinion. I will be doing her blood test in a couple of days. When asked the doctor what was her reason of fainting, he said it could be epilepsy. But this has never ever happened to her before. I need a second opinion. Please please help.
Hello My weight is low according to my height. I eat 3-4 times in a day. And take banana shake and some other fruit juice on daily basis. But there is no improvement on my weight. Will you suggest me what to eat so that I can maintain good health and perfect body.
I have taken 12 la penidure for mild MS. from age of 27 .Even I have taken during pregnancy time. It has taken 14 times by me. I felt normal and no complaints. But this last time I discontinued. I have a 7 month baby .Will get any problem.
I am suffering from migraine headaches perhaps 2 month but it's always increase and I found that my eyes are yellow. Which medicine should I take to cure.
My hands tremble while holding anything like book why am only 24 yrs old is it due to weakness or some other reason.
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.