Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Kottayam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My niece had nmuemonia last year. She is of 5 years. Nw she cannot eat any snack items like biscuits, ice cream, chocolate, cake and chats. If she eats any of them she gets severe cough. I don't know wat is the problem. Please give me the solution.
My son age is Two & half years. He is very active but bahut sararati hai kisi ki bhi baat nhi sunta or na hi abhi tak acchi tarah se bol pata hai. But hum sab uski sararton se preshan ho jate hai. Is there any solution to resolve that problem. Please help.
My baby had gastritis last week. Now no vomiting but still he is not eating anything now. Rest things are normal like poop and all. I am worried his health. He is one year old. Please help. Me.
My son is of 1 year n 2 month but still he is not walking . Why doctor? ? And he is very weak what Can I do? ? Still 7 kg.Please tell.
My son is 10.5 year old and his weight is 23 kg. Blood sugar, hb, thyroid is normal, how can improve about his health?
My grand daughter (40) days old cries every day late evening time. I have consulted leading pediatrician . Some nosal drop and suspected cold and some medicine for spazams is given but till this crying continues. Please suggest.
I have 10 month old son. He Is having small pink colour patches in stomach just 3 days before it started. First it was white dots now turned to pink. When He was 4 month old same thing happened it was there for one month. And it s only in stomach area day by day it changed into white patches. He Is having very dry skin. Even his cheeks got pink. Later I applied coconut oil in cheeks. Now little ok. I am giving him daily oil bath oNly. It came during winter time now second time again in summer time. What to do. Dr. Gave fluro net cream. No use of it.
Can you please suggest an Indian diet for a 17th month old baby boy diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome. Thanks.
I feel very scared after my father sudden death 4 months before. I was very happy and joyful person but it seems that in a day everything change. I am scared that what will happen if again anything happen to anyone in my family whenever my husband go out for work after every hour I call him, when my baby cry in illness I become panic that something will happen. I am trying to overcome this situation by keeping myself busy in household works but I am tired of my negative thoughts. I want to be like what I was.
My baby is 2 and half year old and she is just 11 kg. she is very fussy eater and doesn't like to have anything at all. What can I do to improve her apetite and increase her weight? Please suggest!
My kid having 18 months. I do not know what perfect diet have to follow to her can you please suggest me. Can I give jaggery in her milk if it is how many times can I give. She is thin having 10 kgs. How to increase her weight which food have to add her in her diet.
Sir/madam, I have a daughter who is 11 years suffering from SLE disease, how to control/prevention and treatment? please tell me doctor. Grateful sir.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.