Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pain Management Specialists in India. You will find Pain Management Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pain Management Specialists online in Kottayam. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ratheesh Kumar R
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Dr. Ratheesh Kumar RYour feedback matters!
Joint pains can be a cluttered affair and believe it or not 9 out of the 10 cases have to live with the pain despite all the treatment options aiming to reduce the agony. There may be several instances where you might be coming across the term “joint replacement surgery”. No, no need to panic! We are not living in the 1960’s anymore. We are living in the age of cut throat medical innovations that is actually hard to keep up. To sum up in a layman’s turn joint replacements have become as easy as dressing a wound. 90% of the cases are carried out within few hours and the patient is required to stay not more than a day or two at the hospital. the patients no longer have to dedicate a part of our lives for the recovery. Let us have an in-depth look at it.
One shouldn't wait for the condition of knee joints to get worse and visit a well-known orthopaedic and go ahead for the procedure. Since, it involves the portion of your knee cartilage or a portion of the joint being scrapped/cut to pave way for the artificial joint parts to be attached getting the best treatment is a must. So, make no mistakes!
Knee replacement has always been a complex procedure but with the advancements in the field, the process has become much more simple and easy. Discuss the procedure in detail with your doctor and also ensure that you choose a clinic with a good reputation for such a course of action. Joint replacements in today's time last much longer and with proper maintenance and care, they can in some cases, last for a life time.
Once you have decided to go for the treatment get a detailed list of activities that can be carried out for a speedy recovery. Usually, these would involve medications and physiotherapy exercises. Also, the recovery period is minimal and once completely cured, you can get back to normal day to day activities. Do note that you go in for an authentic and established replacement center and avoid falling prey to the fly by wire clinics that have mushroomed in every street corner. Also, ensure that you choose the procedure that fits your budget and insurance plan.
Joint replacement procedures usually do not require any maintenance and if needed you might have to go for regular checkups to make sure that the joints carry on well. Choose the best clinic for the replacements and live a healthy and fruitful life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am having pain in my tennis bone or muscle I do not know its the muscle or bone the pain is increasing day by day the pain starts from the elbow portion and ends up at the upper back side along with the biceps I hv taken medicines but nothing helped.
I am 24 male, I have headache very often and after having something cold and its very hard to sleep at night while im having this headache it feels like my brain is bouncing in my heady I tried taking medicine but it goes and comes back after having anything cold what to do. Can you help me out.
I am suffering from frozen shoulder last 10 months. There is pain in right shoulder. Allopathy n homeopathy Dr. Said it is frozen shoulder. But the movement of shoulder is not that stiff as I saw on net. Please help me, Thnx.
My mom have 2 legs knee pain. When she woke up, she can'f walk due to high pain and she have every time headache and tension give me some tips
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.