Doctor in Thomas Kottayam Pain Clinic
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Thomas Kottayam Pain ClinicYour feedback matters!
Joints form the connections between bones. They provide support and help you move. Any damage to the joints from disease or injury can interfere with your movement and cause a lot of pain.
Many different conditions can lead to painful joints, including
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Strains, sprains and other injuries of joints and around joints.
- Inflammation in and around joints
- CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis(A.S.)
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation (Tenosynovitis) etc.
Joint pain is extremely common. In one national survey, about one-third of adults reported having joint pain within the past 30 days.
Knee pain was the most common complaint, followed by shoulder and hip pain, but joint pain can affect any part of your body, from your ankles and feet to your shoulders and hands. As you get older, painful joints become increasingly more common.
For joint pain treatment we can use following techniques:
-Corrective devices if needed (orthotics)
-Manual therapy etc. depending upon the case.
I am 42 year old unmarried female, I get severe low back pain on the right hip very often, what will be the reason?
Hello My mother is suffering from the knee pain. Every test is conducted and also we take consultation from the joint doctor. She take medicine at proper time but after that there is no positive result from any medicine .Please tell me solution for removal of her pain. This pain create a lot of problem so sit or also to stand or walk.
Hi! I am 32 years old and I am suffering from left side severe headache since yesterday. I cannot see light suddenly if I do the pain increases vehemently. Suggest me some remedy.
Hi Sir, I got a severe joint pain, back pain I had undergone from various test report is as follow:- BioChemistry CALCIUM (8.8-10. 2 mg/dl) 9.5 GLUCOSE-F (70-110 mg/dl) 103 URIC ACID (2.5-7.0 mg/dl) 7.1 DLC (%) DLC (%) P 70 L 26 M 01 E 03 Others Remark Haematology HB (13-17gm%) 11.2 ESR (0-9 mm/hr) 20 TLC (4K-10K/cumm) 9100 Serology R.A Negative C.R.P Negative A.S.O Negative B12 LEVEL, Serum-283 25 OH Vitamin D Total, Serum67.57 please tell me that how can I get the relief and what will be the reason behind the pain. I have a back pain issue from last one year but from last two month there is a pain on my leg also there is swelling on my leg and on my hand please give me the treatment.
I would like to know whether rheumatologist is better or orthopedist is better for patellar tendinitis which is there since 3 months I have managed pain but its not completely going away.Please advise.
Hi Sir, I have been suffering from pain in the neck for the past one week. Please Suggest some simple remedy.
My hemoglobin is 10. I have tingling sensation in lower extreme, weakness, headache, chest pain, chills. Is it due to iron deficiency.
Hello, I haven't been jogging for few months and 3 days before, I started jogging again but I felt lot of pain in my legs on side of the calf whenever I jog. I think the blood in my vein is being clotted. Should I go for vitamin E because this pain isn't helping me to jog and recently I have no any medical history. It's just that my big toe is dislocated and I gained a lot of weight recently.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic fatigue and exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
- Somatic Symptoms: Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
- Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life.