Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Kota. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Oral Thrush
Treatment of Broken Teeth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Treatment of Wisdom Teeth
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Treatment of Gingivitis
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchin MehtaYour feedback matters!
We have put together a list of 25 tips for good oral health, to keep you smiling throughout.
We will be sending you one tip a day. Here comes the first one
1. Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of tooth and prevent buildup of plaque.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.
Dear sir, I am 47 year old male. My two teeth have cavities. Also gap between these teeth. Please advice.
I have teeth problem. Whenever I am brushing I am getting blood so what I have to do. Is there any remedy for this.
It is very important to learn how to properly take care of your body while you are young. This way, as an adult, you will be able to keep yourself clean and healthy. When we don't take care of our bodies, we can get sick. We can catch colds and stomach bugs from not washing our hands, and we can get diseases on our skin and in our hair from not keeping it clean. Keeping our bodies clean will keep us healthy, and that will keep us happy and feeling good.
When you take care of your body by keeping your skin and hair clean, it isn't just because you want to look good. When you are in school, you can catch illnesses more easily because you are around lots of other kids. Germs can spread through the air and can get us sick if they get into our bodies, too. There are even illnesses we can get from not having clean hair, so it is important to always keep our head and hair clean. Washing our bodies and hair every day with soap and warm water in the shower or bath will allow us to rid ourselves of germs, dirt, and body odor. Be sure to take a bath every day before school or at night before bed. When you bathe, wash your face, hair, armpits, ears, neck, and other places that get dirty.
Our hands touch everything, and then we touch our face and get germs into our bodies. Washing your hands is so important in order to keep from getting sick. Sneezing, using the bathroom, playing outside, playing with pets, blowing our nose, and taking out the trash can get so many germs on our hands. We must always wash our hands after we do these things, especially when we are getting ready to eat a meal or snack or prepare food. It is important to use soap every time we wash our hands so that it will get rid of the germs that make us sick. Wet your hands, lather them up with soap, and then rub them around for at least 15 to 20 seconds. Rinse them well, making sure to get all of the suds off, then dry your hands on a clean towel. It is a good idea to keep your fingers out of your mouth, nose, and eyes so that you aren't getting germs into your body.
By the time you are in elementary school, you should be visiting your dentist on a regular basis. Even though the dentist cleans our teeth, we must do our part at home to make sure that our mouths, teeth, and gums stay healthy. Keeping your mouth healthy will help you to keep other parts of your body healthy as well. We should be brushing our teeth at least twice every day, once in the morning and once before bed. Be sure to brush all of your teeth, even the ones in the back that are hard to reach. If you can do it yourself, you should floss your teeth, too. Whenever we eat, food can be left behind between our teeth, and this can cause problems. Gently move the floss between each tooth in order to make sure your remove any food or plaque left behind after brushing. It is a good idea to brush your tongue in order to have fresh breath, too. Eating a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables will help to keep your mouth and teeth clean.
Other health and hygiene practices
Staying healthy and living a healthy lifestyle will help you to keep your body free from disease and sickness. When we take care of ourselves, we can stay healthier. Try to get enough sleep at night: you will feel better and do better in school when you've gotten a good night's sleep. Kids in elementary school need around 10 to 11 hours of sleep every night. Eating a healthy diet will help your body to stay healthy as well. When we fuel our bodies with fruits, vegetables, healthy grains, and protein, we can look and feel better. Eating a diet that is beneficial for your body will help you to grow stronger as you get older, too. Exercising daily will help you to stay healthy and will also help you to get a good night's sleep every night. Each day, try to get at least 30 minutes of activity so that your body gets adequate exercise. Get active, play hard, and get your heart rate up by riding your bike, playing basketball, jogging, or jumping rope, which are all great ideas to get good exercise each day. You can also do activities inside that will benefit your body, like dancing, playing active games, or even playing tag. Staying active will help you live a healthy lifestyle.
Hello, My age is 30 yrs. I am suffering from mouth ulcers. Coming in tongue and lips. They are coming frequently. To much pain in mouth. One ulcer heels, another came up in next day. Please advice the treatment.
7 years old my daughter is suffering from multiple cavities, if she get new teeth will she get cavities again? how to get rid of this problem?
Cavity forms in molar tooth. Foods are going into the cavity and stored during chewing. What should I do from get rid off?
2) Best way to prevent dental diseases is to get the preventive dental treatment done.
3) Decrease intake of sweets made from refined sugar.
4) Personally brush the teeth of your children on a regular basis.