Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kota. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Arpita Agarwal
Submit a review for Dt. Arpita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
How often should I visit you for checkups in order to stay as healthy as possible and avoid diabetic complications?
Breast Reconstruction refers to a surgical procedure used for restoring a woman’s breast to a normal shape and size, either after mastectomy, which involves removal of entire breast or after lumpectomy, when a part of the breast is removed. The reconstruction is done by using a patient’s own tissue or by using implants.
Breast Reconstruction is considered to be an integral part of the healing and recovery process but it’s not an ideal option for everyone. The most important thing is that the reconstructive efforts should not cause interference or complicate breast cancer treatment.
When is breast reconstruction done?
Breast Reconstruction can be done at different times, mainly depending on what would ideally work for a particular situation of a candidate affected by cancer. It is generally conducted at the same time as mastectomy surgery, which involves removal of entire breast. This is known as immediate reconstruction. Right after the removal of breast by the breast cancer surgeon, reconstruction is conducted by the plastic surgeon, either with tissue from any other location on a woman’s body or with an implant. Only one surgery is required to get all these things done.
Immediate reconstruction is not always possible if additional treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy is required. Under those circumstances, a surgeon would recommend that one should wait till all these treatments are finished before going ahead with the reconstruction. A patient might also get recommendation, wherein a surgeon might opt to conduct partial reconstruction and conduct the other part after chemotherapy.
Factors influencing the timing of reconstruction
- Stage of Cancer: Stage I or stage II breast cancer patients who choose mastectomy, where they prefer removal of entire breast, are less likely to require radiation or any other treatment. These candidates are ideal for immediate reconstruction. In case of stage III or stage IV patients, for whom radiation therapy is mandatory due to the size of the cancer, doctors might recommend to delay reconstruction till all other cancer treatments are completed.
- Facilities or availability of experts in a particular area: Women might look to delay reconstruction till they find surgeons with expertise in this field. Otherwise it’s a risky proposition.
- Time for making a decision: The time a woman takes in order to take a decision regarding mastectomy or lumpectomy is a major factor which influences, when exactly the reconstruction surgery would be conducted. Thinking long-term is always desirable than to opt for something which would only give you relief for a short duration.
- Overall health: If a woman has diabetes, circulatory problems or any other disorder, the doctor might want her to recover completely from entire breast removal process, before going for reconstruction.
Risks associated with breast reconstruction
Breast Reconstruction Risks are mainly dependent on existing medical problems of patients. Patients would be at high risk for complications if they have diabetes, excess body weight and high blood pressure. Women who have had lumpectomy and radiation therapy done to their chests, are also prone to high risk for complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 57 years old from bangalore, I would like to know how I can find a good doctor for my diabetics control status. Presently I am on M1 glimisave, morning one hour before b/f or lunch.
Reducing fat is about working on excess weight that happens due to fat deposits in the body. Getting a toned look means maintaining lean muscle with a routine aimed at doing so. This will propel you towards healthy fat loss, by keeping your lean mass and immune system in order. Read on to learn how you can achieve fat loss in a healthy manner.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the body going. From grains to carbohydrates to essentials fats, dairy, fibre, some amount of meat and even fruits and vegetables - you need to have a little bit of everything, every single day. This will give your lean muscle much-needed nourishment so that it helps in banishing fat and works harder to give you a toned look. Also, the metabolism works faster with these kinds of food.
- Processed Food: Processed food is usually fortified and preserved with salt and fat that defeats healthy eating and makes you gain pounds. You should try and stick to freshly prepared food. Make a menu and shop at the grocery store every week to stock up your for daily meals. Further, when you are looking for a snack, ensure that you reach out for a healthy salad or cut fruit. Also, try to make use of beverages like green tea and infused water that can be made at home with cucumber, mint leaves, watermelon, lemon and more, so that you can steer clear of various other carbonated and packaged drinks.
- Routine: Getting rid of fat is also a matter of getting into a good routine of meals, exercise and sleep. You should take smaller and more frequent meals - about five to six times a day - and limit your last meal to a few hours before bed time, so that your metabolism only has to process smaller chunks at a time. Also, try to alternate meals with activity and finally remember to get yourself at least six to seven hours of sleep a day.
- Exercise: We cannot stress enough on a work session a day to burn fat and give your metabolism a boost. Work with a trainer to find your problem areas and do focused exercises and sets.
- Burning fat the healthy way is a matter of eating right, sleeping well and exercising your body every single day!
I am 19 years old .From few years I feel that I have some disease. Such symptoms like sleep more, not remembering, confusing,allergies, communication is improper, weight is not increasing ,sensitive, irritation, troubling in studies.
If you have friends, parents, children overweight and brands such reads as follows:
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene! in this brand is known as acanthosis-nigricans.
You can go on the neck, face, forehead, armpits, between the legs and other body parts. It is a mark on the skin that signals high insulin levels in the body.
It tends to be confused with a smudge of dirt or grime but this actually indicates that the body is resisting the insulin produced by the body.
As a result, the pancreas produces more insulin and eventually you could get to develop diabetes (type 2).
May disappear with simple lifestyle changes of life and a moderate weight reduction (in many cases).
If you know someone, adults and children that present this, do not waste any more time inbox us, remember that a detection in time can prevent diabetes.
Share the information with your friends!