Doctors in Columbia Asia Hospitals
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Colic
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Submit a review for Columbia Asia HospitalsYour feedback matters!
अर्जुन वृक्ष का नाम प्रमुख औषधीय वृक्षों में है. अमरूद की समान पत्तियों वाले लेकिन आकार में इससे बहुत बड़े अर्जुन वृक्ष का वैज्ञानिक नाम टर्मिमिनेलिया अर्जुना है. अलग-अलग क्षेत्रों में इसे धवल, कुकुभ और नाडिसार्ज जैसे नामों से भी जानते हैं. अर्जुन वृक्ष एक सदाबहार यानी हमेशा हरा-भरा आने वाला वृक्ष है. इसका इस्तेमाल ह्रदय रोग में प्राचीन काल से ही होता आ रहा है. अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल के चूर्ण, काढ़ा, अरिष्ट आदि के रूप में उपयोग किया जाता है. तो आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल के फायदे को जानें.
1. मुंह के छालों के उपचार में
मुंह के छालों से परेशान व्यक्ति भी अर्जुन की छाल का उपयोग कर सकता है. इसके लिए नारियल के तेल में अर्जुन की छाल का चूर्ण मिलाकर मुंह के छालों पर लगाने से आपकी परेशानी निश्चित रूप से कम होगी. यही नहीं ऐसे थोड़े गुड़ के साथ लेने से बुखार में भी आराम मिलता है.
2. खांसी में
सूखे हुए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का बारीक पाउडर, ताजे हरे अडूसे के पत्तों के रस में मिलाकर इसे फिर से सुखा लें. ऐसा इसी तरह से मिला-मिला कर सात बार के बाद जो चूर्ण बचता है. उसमें शहद मिलाकर खांसी पीड़ित को देने से वो राहत महसूस करता है.
3. मोटापा दूर करने में
मोटापे से परेशान लोग अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का काढ़ा सुबह शाम पीकर अपनी परेशानी कम कर सकते हैं. यह मोटापे को इतनी तेजी से कम करता है कि एक महीने में ही इसका असर दिखने लगता है.
4. शुगर में
शुगर के मरीज भी अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से अपनी परेशानी खत्म कर सकते हैं. इसके लिए उन्हें अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का चूर्ण, देसी जामुन के बीजों के चूर्ण की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर सोने से पहले गुनगुने पानी के साथ लें. दूसरा विकल्प है कि अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल, कदम की छाल, जामुन की छाल और अजवायन एक समान मात्रा, पीसकर बारीक पाउडर बना लें. इस पाउडर में आधा लीटर पानी मिलाकर काढ़ा बनाएं और इस काढ़े को सुबह शाम 3 सप्ताह तक लगातार प्रयोग करें. इससे मधुमेह में राहत मिलेगी.
5. पेशाब की रुकावट दूर करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल से बना हुआ काढ़ा पीने से पेशाब की रुकावट दूर होती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को पीसकर दो कप पानी में उबालें जब जब पानी आधा रह जाए तो इसे ठंडा होने के बाद रोगी को पिलाएं. दिन में एक बार पिलाने से यह पेशाब की रुकावट को दूर कर देता है.
6. उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल काफी लाभदायक साबित होती है. दरअसल इसकी छाल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करके लिपिड ट्राइग्लिसराइड का स्तर भी घटाते हैं. इसके छाल का सेवन रक्त प्रवाह के अवरोध को भी दूर करता है. इसके लिए आपको एक चम्मच अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का पाउडर दो गिलास पानी में आधा रह जाने तक उबालकर इस पानी को सुबह-शाम पिएं. ऐसा करने से बंद हुई धमनियां खुल जाएंगी और कोलेस्ट्रॉल का स्तर भी कम हो जाएगा.
7. बालों के विकास के लिए
अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का उपयोग हम बालों के विकास के लिए भी कर सकते हैं. सर के बाल में अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल और मेहंदी का मिश्रण लगाने से सर के बाल सफेद से काले होने लगते हैं. इससे बालों में मजबूती भी आती है.
8. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा की कई समस्याओं को खत्म करने में अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल का असर प्रभावशाली होता है. अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल, बदाम, हल्दी और कपूर की एक समान मात्रा को पीस कर उबटन की तरह चेहरे पर लगाएं ऐसा करने से चेहरे के सारे रिंकल्स चले जाते हैं और चेहरे में निखार आता है.
9. सूजन को कम करने में
भी अर्जुन वृक्ष के छाल की सकारात्मक भूमिका है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल का महीन पिसा हुआ चूर्ण 5 से 10 ग्राम मात्रा में क्षीरपाक विधि से खिलाने से हृदय रोग के साथ-साथ इससे पैदा होने वाली सूजन में भी कमी आती है. इसके अलावा लगभग 1 से 3 ग्राम चूर्ण खिलाने से सूजन में कमी आती है. उससे संबंधित परेशानियां भी दूर होती हैं
10. ह्रदय से हृदय के विकारों में
ह्रदय से संबंधित तमाम विकारों जैसे की अनियमित धड़कन और सूजन आदि को दूर करने में भी अर्जुन वृक्ष का छाल सहायक होता है. यह स्ट्रोक के खतरे को भी कम करती है. इसके लिए अर्जुन वृक्ष की छाल को जंगली प्याज की समान मात्रा के साथ मिलाकर चूर्ण बनाएं इस चूर्ण को रोजाना आधा चम्मच दूध के साथ हृदय रोगी को देने से हृदय की मांसपेशियों को मजबूती मिलती है. ये ब्लॉकेज में भी लाभदायक होता है. खाना खाने के बाद दो चम्मच लगभग 20 mm अर्जुनारिष्ट आधा कप पानी में मिलाकर दो 3 माह तक पीने से हृदय रोगियों को तमाम परेशानियों से मुक्ति मिलती है.
Infertility is a widespread problem. for about one in five infertile couples the problem lies solely in the male partner and in another quarter, both partners have problems. In most cases, there are no obious symptoms or signs of infertility. Intercourse, erection and ejaculation will usually happen without difficulty. The quantity and appearance of the ejaculated semen generally appears normal to the naked eye. Medical tests are needed to find out if a man is infertile. Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affact either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the doctor may be able to find the cause of the problem.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.
For diagnosing the disease, unani physicians (commonly known as hakims) feel the rhythmic expansion of arteries (nubz) of the patient. Mainly there are four types of unani treatments available:
Ilaj bil tadbeer (regimental therapy): It is a detoxification method that improves constitution of body by removing waste materials. Regimental therapy also protects health and increases defence mechanism of the body. Important techniques in regimental therapy include massage (dalk, malish), Turkish bath (hammam), exercise (Riyazat), leeching (Taleeq-e-Alaq) and venesection (Fasd).
Ilaj bil Ghiza (dietotherapy): As the name suggests, dietotherapy involves regulation of quantity and quality of your diet. Unani physician may ask you to increase intake of specific food that is helpful to alleviate symptoms of the disease.
Ilaj bil dawa (Pharmacotherapy): Natural drugs from plant, minerals and animal drugs are used in unani system. Potency and temperament of drugs are important consideration in unani treatment. The drugs are supposed to act according to their temperament .i.e. hot, cold, moist and dry. Unani medicines are available in form of tablets, decoctions, infusion, Jawarish, Majoon, Khamira, Syrup and powder.
Jarahat (Surgery): Ancient physicians of unani system were considered to be pioneer in the field. However, at present only
Progesterone is a naturally occurring steroid hormone that is made from cholesterol consumed in your diet. Normal levels of progesterone help to maintain a healthy hormonal balance. Progesterone plays a key role in the production of other important chemicals the body needs, such as cortisol and male hormones like testosterone. Lower than normal levels of progesterone can contribute to problems with the menstrual cycle, maintaining pregnancy, and common symptoms associated with menopause. Low levels of progesterone can be effectively treated using available prescription products and lifestyle changes.
Using Progesterone to Support Pregnancy
Talk with your gynecologist about increasing progesterone. Women that have recurrent or unexplained miscarriages often respond to treatment with progesterone, and are able to maintain the next pregnancy.
Prevent early miscarriage. Progesterone deficiency is not the cause of every miscarriage, but scientific research indicates that adequate amounts of progesterone are needed to support the early stages of pregnancy.
• Progesterone levels naturally increase during each menstrual cycle once ovulation has occurred. This allows for the uterine wall to thicken to provide support for the pregnancy. This is called the luteal phase.
• Once the released egg has been fertilized, the lining of the uterus provides protection for the egg as it begins to develop. After the first few weeks, the placenta takes over, producing the additional hormones and nutrients needed.
• Some women have naturally lower levels of progesterone. Some studies suggest that low levels during the first few weeks of pregnancy can cause the uterine lining to be inadequate to support the pregnancy, causing the miscarriage. Evidence for this is limited, however.
• Inadequate levels of progesterone needed to support the early stage of pregnancy are sometimes referred to as a luteal phase defect.
Use progesterone vaginal inserts. Using progesterone vaginal inserts may help prevent early miscarriage, depending on the cause of the miscarriage.
• The scientific literature supports the use of vaginally applied progesterone, via inserts or suppositories, to help maintain the lining of the uterus to support the pregnancy.
• While other ways to administer progesterone are available, such as injections, oral dosing, and topical creams, for women with luteal phase defects and recurrent or unexplained miscarriages, this is the recommended method of delivery.
Supplement progesterone during assisted reproductive technology, or ART.ART helps to induce pregnancy by using procedures that remove the eggs from the woman, combine them with sperm in a laboratory setting, then return them to the woman’s body, or to another woman’s body.
• There are many methods that help couples to achieve pregnancy. ART is one only one method. Women that participate in ART require supplementation of hormones, like progesterone, to help their bodies create a healthy environment to maintain the pregnancy.
Use injectable or vaginally administered progesterone. Progesterone administered by either intramuscular injection or by vaginal products have been shown to be effective in establishing the initial higher levels of progesterone needed during ART.
• Injectable progesterone is sometimes used but carries additional risks for complications since progesterone is very rapidly absorbed and is quickly changed into other chemicals.
• By altering the delivery system of the injection, the active progesterone can remain in its desired chemical form as long as possible. This means altering the liquid, or vehicle, the active drug is placed in, by using oils, such as peanut oil. Do not use this form of progesterone if you are allergic to peanuts.
• Possible complications from progesterone injections include developing an allergy to the inactive ingredients, abscesses and pain at the site of injection, and unwanted bleeding into the muscle tissue.
Finding just the perfect recipe to make your marriage work is very hard to find. There are three ways to make your marriage work, the first is to understand your current situation, the second is to realize what you lack and what do you expect out of your marriage and the third point is actually moving towards your desired goal. When we sit and decide these goals it should be mutually decided, as there should be no confusion regarding the aspects that help the couple to lead a happy marital life.
Consider marriage to be a dish, in order to ensure that it turns to be well it requires proper ingredients. If the recipe lacks even one element the whole dish can get faulty. Just like how a pinch of salt can add to the taste, these little ingredients can enhance the married life.
Every relationship works on trust. Imagine a relationship where we are trapped in the feelings of insecurity and not knowing how to manage such feelings. It is essential to have faith when there is no faith in the relationship; it gets in a shaky position where the foundation goes weak and the chances of the marriage falling apart increase manifold. Any happy relationship is all about the level of trust that we invest in each other. High level of trust is essential to make the marriage work and to enjoy life together.
Intimacy is not just about the sexual relationship but the level at which you connect with one another. Intimacy is a broader concept and encompasses various aspects. Intimacy can be seen even in having dinner together. The only important point is to ensure that you are at the same level of the continuum.
3. Sexual Relationship
The sexual relationship is important for various reasons as it is all about intimacy, pleasure and sexual expression. It tends to have positive effects on the relationship and enables a better connection. The absence of sex can lead to a feeling of frustration and emptiness. Healthy sex life is one of the most basic factors that the couple’s point about successful marriage.
Another problem stems taking into account the financial problem. Many times the couple is not able to meet the expenditure, as a result, they start to quarrel over small petty issues. A happy marriage requires you to have a clear understanding of how they are going to manage their finances. Money in today’s time defines our happiness level, the needs and demands have really increased and so has our expectation, we need money to fulfil all our desire and to ensure that we lead a stable life. As a couple, you should learn how to strike a balance between your needs and wants.
The best way to lead a happy life is to ensure that you get married to your best friend or end up being best of friends. In the end, we need somebody with whom we can share our day to day problems. Another way is to have a social circle, it essential to make time and go out with friends. Thus, it is essential to have a strong friendly relationship and spend quality time together.
As an individual, we go through a series of feelings and emotions. Couples who are in a happy marriage are the ones, who know not only what to communicate but also how to put across their viewpoints. Sharing minute details about their day and putting across whatever goes in your mind is very essential. Not just sharing the good points but also what are your fears also holds your marriage together. Openness is an important aspect to make the marriage work. If you hide things and refrain from sharing your feelings then soon anger will build up. This pent-up anger can further aggravate the problems.
In life, we need people who understand us and let us showcase our true self. Be it friends or relationship, to be happy with someone requires a level of understanding. When someone knows us in and out and knows our flaws, the person is more likely to accept who we are as an individual and provides us with a sense of comfort and security.
No marriage is perfect and no marriage is ever conflict-free. Never make each other feel trapped in a relationship. Give space to each other to achieve not only goals together but also to focus on individual goals which help to increase self-esteem and focus on self-growth. In situations where things get little heated up taking space can help things to calm down.
Mutual Respect is very essential in every marriage, many problems arise when we start taking each other for granted and do not accept the difference of opinion in a positive way. Mutual Respect is regarding the boundaries, needs and wishes of the partner. It is very important to pay attention and appreciate the distinctive personality of your partner.
Acceptance is considered to be a part of respect. Many times we try to mould the person according to our expectations which can create few problems. Don’t just focus on the negatives and try and focus on the positive aspects. Nobody is perfect; we just need to accept each other for as they are. As every individual has few strengths and weakness working together can lead to greater insights.
It is essential to remember that in order to build a strong and stable marriage requires hard work and perseverance. Focus on the small happy moments that you build together and let these moments define who you are as a couple.
Accept that relationships are dynamic and learn how to manage these changes over time. Following these tips can help you to strengthen your relationship. In case a couple finds it difficult to reach any of these ingredients then it is best advised to seek help from a professional marriage expert or relationship counsellor. A marriage counsellor can help you understand ways to make your marriage happy.
I am facing yeast infection issue. Vagina is itching n burning becoz of white thick stuff is coming out. Please help.
We are living with a ticking time bomb as several bacteria are becoming resistant to major antibiotics, which means that soon a simple wound may kill us. All living beings have an inherent quality to adapt. Bacteria and Viruses are not excluded from this. They have developed resistance against many antibiotics and form a major challenge for medical science.
In 2008, the International Journal of Cancer published a paper showing an increased risk of cancer proportional to antibiotic use in people. They found that in people who have taken 2-5 prescriptions of antibiotics, their risk of cancer was increased by 27%, and greater than 6 prescriptions led to an increased risk of 37%. An earlier study (2004) showed that antibiotic use was associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. For those taking antibiotics for more than 500 cumulative days, the risk of breast cancer doubled.
Over 100 leading integrative medicine specialists in the U.S. urgently called for a new strategy to confront the very dangerous challenges of the post-antibiotic era... including adding homeopathy as an adjunct therapy.
The Father of Immunology and winner of the Nobel Prize in medicine: Dr. Emil Adolf von Behring - discovered in the 1890s, during extensive experimentation, that homeopathic remedies produced enhanced immunogenic activity. Homeopathy is extremely safe, holistic and very effective.
Their conclusions: Patient survival was statistically significantly higher in the homeopathy group than in the placebo group.
As current research and epidemiological evidence show: Though homeopathy is not a money maker for the pharmaceutical industry, it is a safe and effective treatment option for infectious diseases, with no potential to create drug-resistant germs. In a nutshell, Homeopathy is needed to save humanity. Homeopathy is gentle and cost effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
- Age: 12 months
- It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
- Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
- Age: 15-18 months
- If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
- You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
- If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
- Age: 2-4 years
- You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
- Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
- If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
- A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
- Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
- The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
- There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5–1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis.
Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight-loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery!