Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Ms. Dipanwita SahaYour feedback matters!
My self satish borkar and I have a problem sinus from last 5 year. How to solve this problem. What is the processor to recover.
He is suffering from cough and tonsils infection, he also sneezes when he comes in contact with dust or cold things. He is taking medicines like sneeze and azithromycin 250.
My mother is 47 years old. She has snoring problem. She snores loudly when asleep. And her throat and mouth becomes dry often when she is asleep. She tested for thyroid and blood sugar but everything is normal. She has blood pressure problem from last twenty years. She opted for homeopathic treatment for a long time but nothing happened. Doctor suggest something.
I am 57 years old male. I am having neurological problem whose symptoms are dizziness which are very frequent. And also results in multiple vision.
I am 21 yrs old. In my throat tonsil stones are coming out of white colour. Its hurting a lot and I am facing a bad breath due to it. Please tell me what should I do?
Hi. I am 23 year old male. I've got a weird shaped nose. The nose bridge is wide, and looks flat. I need advice on safest way to perform rhinoplasty. Please help.
I am 19 And feeling little heaviness in my throat I think it is cough. But it's not out while coughing. When I cough it feel very dry and during breathing it feels like something is stuck I used various home remedies like Steam Ginger Salt water gargle But it Didn't work. I think the reason would be because of smoking or drinking I have just stopped the smoking. Otherwise I use to smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day. But I have stopped it because of this. From past few weeks I was taking drink like whisky. Whiskey was taken twice or sometime thrice a week.. My whole lungs are clean. The only thing is I am feeling roughness in my neck And its not getting clean since a 4 days. What should I do no. And also a basketball player. So I use to run 5 km a day And a Normal light weight training. I need a advice what should I do. And one thing more. Does 5 months of smoking leads to any type of cancer in my body?. Lungs cancer or voice box cancer. Please help me. thanks.
Ear infection is a disorder which can either be viral or bacterial, affecting one’s middle ear the most. This disorder is painful as fluid accumulates in the ear leading to inflammation. Infections of the ear can either be chronic or acute in nature, the damage is more prominent in case of chronic infections. Acute ear infections can be painful but they usually fade away in a few days’ time.
In case of an ear infection, you will experience pain in the ear. A pressure may develop in the ear accompanied by drainage of pus from the ears. Some severe cases might also lead to loss of hearing, be it temporary or permanent. The symptoms of ear infection may develop and affect both the ears. Fever during ear infections is another common auxiliary condition.
Ear infections tend to occur when the Eustachian tubes in the ear get blocked as a result of fluid accumulation in the ear. The Eustachian tubes can get blocked due to the following reasons –
- Being affected by allergies
- Conditions such as cold can lead to ear infection
- Problems in the sinuses
- Excessive smoking
- Infected adenoid glands
In addition to the causes, there are certain risk factors which can make one prone to ear infections, some of them being:
- Narrow Eustachian tubes in children increase the risks of ear infections
- Changes in climate and altitude
- Second hand exposure to cigarette smoke
For mild symptoms, simple home remedies will suffice. A warm compress on the affected area can reduce the pain. Taking pain relieving medications such as ibuprofen can also help in reducing pain. For moderate symptoms, antibiotics may be required to treat the bacterial infection.
If other treatments do not work, then surgery may be required. Usually tubes are inserted in the ear to drain the accumulated fluid. If it involves the adenoid glands, then surgical removal of the adenoid glands may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
If blood and mucus is coming out in form of saliva and my throat is paining a little bit. What should I do?
Hello doc, my 13 year 6 month old daughter menstruations not start yet. Her ultrasound report is normal but hormonal report is given: DHEA-S=254.20 ESTRADIOL=23.16 FSH=1.90 LH<0.07 PLS GUIDE ME, Is dis imbalance is also a reason for dizziness, headache .her vitamin level is also 23.
Homeopathy is considered to be an untested medicine for many. This is why so many patients who have a sore throat immediately turn to tablets, hot water or even syrups to relieve the pain. Different causes of a sore throat will have different remedies.
Here are the some of the homeopathic remedies for different causes of a sore throat.
- Belladonna: This is the best medicine when there is any difficulty swallowing. It is also very readily available.
- HeparSulph: Heparsulph is generally used when there is a sensation in your throat, which feels like there is some sort of splinter.
- Phosporus: Phosphorus is a more widely used homeopathic remedy. It is used to treat what is called as 'clergyman's' sore throat. This is when there is a tickling sensation in the larynx.
- Lachesis: This is also a very uncommon and rarely required medicine. However, sometimes our throat feels sore only when we take liquids. In this case, lachesis is the ideal remedy.
- Bryonia: Bryonia is a much more common homeopathy. It is used when there is a cough accompanying the sore throat.
- Merc sol: Tonsilltis is generally considered to be a condition too serious to cure with homeopathy. However, Merc sol does do this effectively. Belladonna is also pretty good at it. They also help with a sore throat.
- Arsenicum album: This medication is most commonly used when a sore throat is accompanied by a cold.
- Aconite: Aconite is considered even better than arsenicum album in treating a sore throat which is also accompanied by a cold.
- Capsicum: This is a great homeopathic rememdy for a pain in the throat which goes all the way to the ears.
- Argentium metallicum: Argentium Metallicum is used when the soreness of your throat worsens with the use of the voice. Professional singers and public speakers are especially in need of this medicine as they frequently use their voice.
- Chamomilla: This remedy is especially great for helping cure sore throat in children.
- Baryta carbonicum: This is a remedy used for a very similar reason to what chamomilla is used for.