Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangala Roy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala RoyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Mangala Roy to be knowledgeable. I am advised cardivas cr 10 mg, statin and ismo for 1 month.
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Mangala Roy to be very helpful. very correct sir
The term wellness is much more than just physical health, exercise or nutrition though has been applied in many different ways. Wellness is a developed process of achieving one’s full health and well-being potential.
There are several models of wellness. A few known and accepted ones postulate six or seven aspects:
- Physical wellness
Wellness actually involves a personal perception of general wellness by the self. We score our wellness from 1-10, with 1 being worst ever and 10 being best ever score. We may all have different answers when our doctor asks us. How are you feeling today on a scale of 1-10?
So what can we do to enhance our general wellness? This is where a health or wellness coach comes in. Think of wellness coaching like this, many of us have health goals that we would like to achieve or a disease that we want to overcome, but a lot of times do not know where to begin making changes to reach those goals. Hence we need handholding to reach our wellness, health and weight loss goals- all of which the coach does for us. A wellness coach helps by challenging patients to develop their inner wisdom, identify their values, and transform their goals into action.
General wellness coaching in hospitals - What to expect?
A health and wellness coach is available in most hospitals today. An initial visit with the coach will help you set realistic goals especially if you are grappling with a health issue like diabetes, hypertension, heart problem or stress. The coach will also do an analysis of your current routines and habits, followed by recommendations for healthy changes designed around your particular lifestyle. Follow-up appointments will be conducted to monitor your progress and ensure that you stay on track. The health coach will help you to continue with slowly implementing healthy changes in your daily routine.
Wellness coaching uses principles from positive psychology and the practices of motivational interviews and goal setting.
A wellness coach can help you with
- Weight loss and weight management is as we know is very helpful for people with diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Eating right can help manage various disorders. This will include tips to cut down on bad cholesterol generating foods and low-fat foods for heart patients and low calories and low sugar foods for diabetics.
- Improving physical activity helps in managing diabetes, heart disease and improves joint pains. The coach will guide you towards the programme that will help you manage your health condition in the best possible manner.
- Strength training helps people with poor muscle tone to develop a better frame. It is highly recommended for older people.
- Coach will tell you what to eat and how much to eat for lowering blood pressure.
- Wellness coaching is an important link between you and your doctor so go ahead make an appointment with one right away to optimise your wellness.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes. Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- Bloody stools
- Continuous vomiting
- Severe abdominal cramps
- Sudden, unintentional weight loss
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes.
Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and r
educing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!