Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangala Roy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala RoyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Mangala Roy to be knowledgeable. I am advised cardivas cr 10 mg, statin and ismo for 1 month.
I found the answers provided by the Mr. Mangala Roy to be very helpful. very correct sir
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes. Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- Bloody stools
- Continuous vomiting
- Severe abdominal cramps
- Sudden, unintentional weight loss
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes.
Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and r
educing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
During summer in coastal karnataka I aged 66 years while walking in hot summer days get a nasty feeling in throat and sometimes inflationburning in chest I think in breathing area. Is it asthma attack. Because ayurvedic doctors are treating as cough related. And if I take small dose of sabatomol pill it almost subsided my burning sensation in throat.
Hi, I am 29 yeatrs female with a 2.5 years old son. I have so many problems going on in my married life for which I need an expert opinion. I don't enjoy sex more, I can really count on the times in my 4 years of marriage wherein I was totally involve during the act, but initiation was never happen from my side. After my kid is born my sex drive has gone down drastically. The major problem is there are times I feel like having sex but when my husband initiate I don't feel anything when he touches me kisses me ,I am like a rock who have no sensation but have to act. He is always been cooperative but now he gets annoyed which is taking a toll in our relation. Sometime I feel that I am not connected to him through my heart and mind, so that I can care for him but that love feeling doesn't come naturally I have to make efforts. I can't say this to anyone feel very low and I feel bad for my hubby. We have tried doing more foreplay, changing position nothing works he gets irritated when he see I am just doing just for the sake of but not enjoying and I feel sad for him that I am not able to give him a normal married life what he expects. Please tell me is this a medical problem with me.
Dear cardiologist sir, I am aged about 50 years my weight 84 height 5 feet 2 inch sir I am suffering from palpitations or fluttering sensation in my middle chest or one beat is coming in my middle chest last four years when palpitation is coming in that time I checked my pulse is stop or skipped only one second or two second coming Sir I consult a cardiologist he did a Ecg .echo test .Tnt test. Thyroid test .lipid test. Hba1c test are normal sir I taking one bp tablet tazloc beta 50 and one sugar tablet glycomet gp2 bp sugar normal really I afraid sir what can I do sir please advise me what type of treatment I take sir Sir I am pure vegetarian and not taking alcohol .tobacco. Smoking.Sir I am pandarpur warakari sir please advise early as much as possible sir I am waiting your kind advise sir.
Yesterday I was playing holi and accidentally I swallowed a big particle of the colour. I took some medicine for digestion and had normal food. Since then my urine has turned red due to the colour, but my stool is normal and today I am having a mild chest pain on my right side. I generally don't have such problems as I play football everyday and always fit and healthy. I am really nervous and need some professional advice. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old. Last two days my left chest (heart side) is paining and my back shoulder blade also. But no sweating and breathing well. And self has taken ECG. Seems to be normal. But in a single point if I am touching it is paining. I am pleasing your help.
It's been couple of months now that I am feeling mild pain in either chest (around lungs or heart) or stomach, sometimes right or left or both side. along with acidity, feeling like vomiting, knee pain and heavy after even small lunch or dinner. I do not smoke, no habit of pan or tobacco. Work in a corporate office where my job is to sit long on computer. Lunch and dinners are quite irregular.
My blood pressure has gone down to 90/70 at 77pulse. How can I get to normal kindly suggest some food and health tips.
- Specially for child always go outside with chappal and not to put hand in the mouth agter dragging from the soil.
- Age old man should restrict exercise as prohibited for osteo arthritis and cardiac patient.
- Always take rest for a while after a big job physical or mental strain.