Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sunanda GhoshYour feedback matters!
For busy professionals who are used to juggling different activities along with a hectic full-time job, staying fit can be a challenge. This is essentially due to a lack of consistency in sticking to a good fitness and diet plan. Here are some smart suggestions on how you can stay healthy even when you are busy.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Integrate activity into your everyday life
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from the workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Eat healthily and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fiber, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it anytime, at home, workplace or even on the road.
Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.
Sir please help me how to grain weight I am very week just 40 kgs my age 21 I eat food 5 times daily but weight not growing my hands my body very week please plz help me how to grow my body weight.
I am 5.6 feet tall and weight is 55 is it is correct weight, or should I decrease my weight, please tell me sir/mam.
My weight is 87.5 kg and my height is 174 my age is 21 And now I am joining gym 2 weak ago So tell me about my diet and I am vegetarian?
I want to loose weight. please provide diet chart nd I hv low bp problem so consider in dat please provide diet chart.
I have problem of chest pain and coughing from last ten days and so weakness as well. Please advice me what should I do?
1. Water indirectly helps weight loss. If we choose water or eat a diet higher in water-rich foods that are healthier, more filling, and help you trim calorie intake.
2. Food with high water content tends to look larger, its higher volume requires more chewing, and it is absorbed more slowly by the body, which helps to feel full. Water-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, broth-based soups, oatmeal, and beans.
3. Water can help lower blood pressure, as blood is mainly comprised of water. Dehydration will definitely affect your blood pressure adversely. Excessive salt consumption can adversely affect blood pressure, sodium can be flushed out of the body by drinking clean purified water daily.
4. Water can help lower the cholesterol. Drinking plenty of water will keep the blood ways clean and eliminate excess build up of cholesterol waste from the body.
5. The quality of the drinking water can also have an effect on our cholesterol levels. Chlorine in drinking water can raise levels of plasma cholesterol, most tap water is chlorinated. Therefore, it is good to install a quality water filtration system that can remove chlorine and other harmful chemicals from drinking water.
6. The main toxin in the body is blood urea nitrogen, a water-soluble waste that is able to pass through the kidneys to be excreted in the urine. If you chronically drink too little, you may be at higher risk for kidney stones, especially in warm climates.
7. Water helps maintain normal bowel function. When you don't get enough fluid, the colon pulls water from stools to maintain hydration and results in constipation.
Hello doctor. Due to hyper thyroid I hd taken ayurvedic medicine till one yr. Now my course had completed. N it is in control n doctor advised me not to take any medicine n m not taking any medicine. But now I hv joined gym to reduce weight n I hv reduced 7 kg. Now problem is that I want to lose more due to heavy thies .back .n tummy. But it isn't going on. Kindly Help me in this matter. N provide diet chart if needed.
Am prashanth My age was 20 years My weight 50 kgs My weight is ok? For my age? Or I need to do any precautions.
My father was having weight problem. His weight was 113. So we consulted an ayurvedic doctor. He gave some medicines and advised to follow a diet. Now his weight is 92. My father is following this from last 5 months. But from last 3 months he is suffering from different disorder. After few days, twice in a week, he feels a lot of weakness, cold and most importantly depression. He was a very optimistic person but during this attack he totally lost his emotional control. He has never been through such disorder before. Firstly the doctor told that this might be due to vitamin b13 deficiency. But blood reports are normal. Now even the doctor is not able to get the exact cause. Please help us through this. Do this need a psychiatric treatment? Is this due to allergy of the medicines that the ayurvedic doctor gave?
I am a 24 years old female. I have been eating cucumbers from past 2 weeks. How long will it take to see the results of loosing weight? Please reply!
I am a 30 years old married man. My friend is persuading me for Herbalife slim product. But I am afraid that the ultra low carb diet plan may hamper my Civil preparation. Simultaneously I want to get rid of the obesity. please guide me.
It is believed to be used by even Christopher Columbus on his discovery voyage, Papaya is known as the angel of fruits. While it is not a taste that most usually enjoy the very first time, it can grow on you slowly and then stick on forever. The raw ones are used in salad and curries, the ripe can be eaten either in solid or liquid form, alone or in combination with other fruits.
Some of the wonderful benefits of papaya are listed below.
- Anti-inflammatory: The number of vitamins (A, B, C, K) in papaya help improve immunity and prevents infections. It also promotes healing of burns and wounds.
- Cholesterol control: The antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber present in Papaya help in cholesterol/plaque accumulation in the arteries. The lipid and triglyceride content can also be reduced with regular consumption of papayas.
- Digestive benefits: The enzyme papain contained in papaya is quite effective in reducing the damage caused by eating junk and oily foods. It helps in breaking down proteins and is, therefore, useful as a home remedy for indigestion. It is also rich in fiber and helps relieve constipation.
- Diabetes: The high fiber content in papaya combined with the low calories (a medium-sized fruit contains about 110 calories) is a boon to diabetic patients. They can eat to their full content without feeling guilty of the sugar level. Some people also consume the flower (sautéed in oil) to control diabetes.
- Arthritis: The various minerals (potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium) in papaya can help keep a check on arthritis and bone and joint pains in the long run.
- Weight loss/ cleansing/ detox: The various minerals and vitamins along with the rich fiber content ensure you get a good detox of the system. Papaya is one of the widely used fruits in people who want to lose weight.
- Antiaging effects: The antioxidants help in reducing the rate of inflammation and the multiple vitamins help in looking younger by improving skin, hair, and overall immunity level.
- Stress buster: Again, the antioxidants and vitamins (C in particular) is a good way to refresh your energy after a long tiring day.
- Anti-cancer effects: The flavonoids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants help to prevent free radical damage which is the main cause of cancer. They also contain beta-carotene which helps control prostate and colon cancer.
- Eye health: The beta-carotene, vitamin A, and lutein help in improving moisture in the eyes and controlling macular degeneration.
- Hair health: The scalp produces sebum which is rich in vitamin A. Papaya when applied to the scalp gives the same effect as sebum, which keeps the hair shiny, silky, and lustrous. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!