Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Sunanda GhoshYour feedback matters!
I am 59 year old and have diabetes since last ten years. I have problem of sex slowly i'm not able to make sex now no erection. Every day take medicine for b. P. And diabetes. Diabetes level is normally 180 fasting and after eat 190 some time it's 150 @ 160.
Dear Doc, I'll explain my issue clearly. I'm suffering from erectile dysfunction. I started masturbation at the age of 16 and got addicted to it soon. I strongly feel that it's the only reason behind my issue. Earlier my penis was so hard and erect but now due to over usage of pornography I can't even properly erect my penis and it's tissues have become very weak too. It's size too have reduced from 6.7 inch to 4.2 inches. Please help me.
Sir, I am very thin. Whenever I eat food with high protein or carbohydrate contents it cause stomach problems. Gas problem. Even difficulty in breathing.
Olives reduce the effect of degeneration diseases like Alzheimer's benign and malignant tumours, including less serious varicose veins and cavities so include daily in your diet.
weight loss is not a rocket science. And it is possible to every one
1 start your day with luke warm lemon water.
2. Then go for jogging you can do it at your home half hour jogging and half hour stretching and yoga. And you should do exercise in morning sound 6 am it will gives you more benefits to your wt and to your skin and you will burn more calories in morning because sugar level is low at that time.
3 then drink cumin (zeera) tea without sugar which I available at everyone's home. It will help you to reduce belly fat and love handel's (sidefat).
4 next thing eat healthy breakfast you can crush your chpati or chew more times and add curd in breakfast and lunch only daily
5 you should drink lipton green te without sugar.
6 you should eat more fruits, fibers, and don't forget to drink plenty of water.
7dont remove rice from your diet you can eat them but in little amount but you have to eat pulses (daal) more and method of making rice is dat you should boil rice in water and then take out off all water.
8 after half hour lunch you can drink lemon tea.
9 you can eat sprouts as snacks.
10 avoid sweet things, don't drink milk tea daily it can causes fat so drink it once in a week.
11 don't diet but eat healthy.
12in evening you can dance half hour.
13 and don't sleep 2hours after meal.
Stay fit stay healthy and be confident.
I am very thin by birth, how can I get muscles? I am getting stomach pain continuously from last 3 years?
What is puberty?
Puberty is the phase in life when the body of the child matures to become an adult. This change is mainly influenced by the developing reproductive system and it makes them capable of sexual reproduction. It a progressive change and happens over a span of few years. Girls start to develop breasts and might start menstruating whereas boys notice changes in body hair growth pattern with their voices beginning to crack.
The average age for a girl to attain puberty is found to be 11, whereas in boys, it is longer and the average age is somewhere around 12. Puberty also marks the onset of emotional maturity in kids as well.
Sometimes puberty can be seen at a very young age such as 7 or 8; this is called precocious puberty. This can make it physically and mentally taxing for a child and can be a sign of health issues.
What causes puberty?
The stimulation of the hypothalamus in the brain leads to the production of a hormone called Human Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) which signal the Pituitary Gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This is responsible for sexual development.
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in girls:
The telltale signs of puberty in girls are:
- Development of breasts
- Growth of hair in areas such as armpits and genitals
- A growth spurt, i.e., rapid growth in height
- Start of menstruation or her periods
- Increase in body fat in certain areas of the body
- Development of acne
- “Mature” body odour
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in boys:
The usual signs of puberty in boys are:
- Enlargement of the testicles or penis
- Pubic, underarm, or facial hair development
- Rapid height growth — a growth "spurt"
- Deepening of voice
- "Mature" body odor
- Increase in hair growth in other parts of the body such as the arms and legs
Along with these signs and symptoms, other signs can be changes in mood. Boys and girls may develop sexual urges wherein you will notice an unexplained attraction to the opposite sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How to have a better and heathy life because I want quit smoking, alcohol, marijuana everything and live a simple and good healthy life. Please help me.
I am 23 years of age I am a boy I am a kidney transplant patient. My weight is 50 kg I want my weight gain fast. What can I do.
I work 11 hrs a shift from 2.30 pm to 1.30 am. 1st break @ 4.15 to 4.30 2nd 1he break at 6.30 to 7.30 3rd break 9.30 to 9.45 and last break at 11.30 to 11.45 I wake up @ 11. 15 am after which I exercise. But my eating habits r bad every break I have sandwich burger pasta coz m so hungry every break, I have pcos. I feel around my tummy area.
My mother in law is 58 years old, she is suffering from tb, diabetes. She has increased level of uric acid in her body. Please suggest the diet suitable for her.
Diabetes requires daily maintenance that includes monitoring your blood sugar, eating a healthy diet, exercising, and of course staying on top of any complications with your heart, eyes, and other organs. Controlling your weight is another key aspect of managing type 2 diabetes. If you’re overweight, losing weight — even just 10 to 15 pounds — can help improve your insulin sensitivity and glycemic control, reduce triglycerides and LDL cholesterol, and lower your blood pressure. A healthy diet for diabetes will help you manage your weight and lead you toward foods that have a positive effect on your glucose levels, while guiding you away from those foods that are likely to cause dangerous spikes in your blood sugar. look at these nine foods you should avoid if you have type 2 diabetes are below -
White Rice, Bread, and Flour
Fatty Cuts of Meat
Packaged Snacks and Baked Goods
My age is 67 years old.I am diabetic from 2003. Last week my fasting blood sugar is 132 mg. Pp bs is 190 mg hb1ac is 8.3. My present complaints are neuritis and numbness of both legs since 2 years. I am taking zoryl 1 twice daily/please advise line of treatment for me.
Whether its smoking, or munching on that extra bit of chocolate, or sleeping in too late – everyone has one of these indulgent habits that make them feel good but are bad for their body. Mostly, you may continue with these habits, finding it hard to break them off. However, these little habits may accumulate and add to your expanding waistline, consequently stemming your efforts to lose weight.
So, which daily habits are to blame for the fat on your tummy? Read on to find out.
1. Having a lot of diet soda: Diet sodas may apparently seem like the perfect drink, as they are fizzy and without the dreaded empty calories. However, they are one of the main causes of an increasing waistline. The University of Texas’ Health Science Centre conducted a research and found that people who drank diet soda regularly had their waist size increase by an unbelievable 70% when compared to those who didn’t consume diet soda. People who drank two diet sodas a day saw a full 500% increase in waist circumference. The aspartame (artificial sweetener) in diet soda causes your blood glucose to rise to such high levels that your liver is unable to process it. This excess glucose is then converted into fat. Skip the diet soda and try healthier alternatives such as green tea or flavoured water instead.
2. Practicing a poor eating schedule: Skipping breakfast, having your dinner late regularly or not eating for long periods of hours during the day can add extra inches to your waistline. If you eat late, your body is unable to process heavy amounts of food during your sleep. As a result, not only will a larger percentage of calories be converted to fat, you will also develop indigestion. Indigestion is a problem you will face if you don’t eat for long periods of time as well. Along with that, your body goes into starvation mode when it senses the scarcity of food, and will start converting all the energy it can into fat, adding pounds to your weight.
3. Not sleeping enough: Sleeping has a lot of hidden health benefits that people do not know about. Besides keeping you stress free and giving your body the time to repair itself, sleep also manages cortisol levels in your body. Cortisol is a stress hormone that makes you crave foods that are high in sugar. Increased amounts of cortisol in your body translate to more and more sugary foods going in to your body, which results in belly fat. Human adults need six to eight hours of sleep every night to keep off the pounds.
4. Too much partying: Going to a party has a lot of dangers for people who want lose body fat. Excessive alcohol consumption is a major risk, as alcohol adds a ton of empty calories to your daily intake. Drinking alcohol can also cause you to snack on very calorie-dense foods throughout the night as it can give rise to hunger pangs. Also, alcohol contains a lot of sugar, and can increase your belly fat to a considerable extent.
5. Lack of movement: People with desk jobs and long work hours often end up with a lot of belly fat. This is due to a number of factors associated with their job. Firstly, they have to sit for long periods every day without movement. Secondly, they are on their feet minimally, and the body gets little to no movement for the biggest chunk of the day, resulting in extra pounds. To counteract this, think of taking up simple arm and leg stretches to break the physical monotony. Also, take the stairs as much as you can, and walk around the office more frequently to prevent fat accumulation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.