Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Sarika PrasadYour feedback matters!
potatoes are make mass in our body. Its side effects am join GYM potatoes are help to increasing mass.
What food should be taken during gym workout to get powerful body and good result? Condition I don't want to take any medicines.
I cannot get heavy weight what should I do or what can I do please give me the suggestion and place help me to get the fatty that's look me so bad.
Main 22 year ki ladki hon main bohut patli hon or breast size b nahi hai sab mujhe silpot bolte hai please kuchh medichine batao jaise main meri breast or weight badha saku.
I want to know that how do I able to lose my belly fat at home. Kindly let me know and also how I lose my thighs weg.
I am 33 years old female. I get very tired after coming from office & my leg's pain. Also I don't intend to do any physical relation with my husband. Give me solution?
I am 18 year old. I am going to cabin crew. I am practicing for it. I quiet lean I want pull up some weight. .can you please suggest me some steps to increase my weight. And what food should I have..
I'm 30 years old, my problem is night flow. I want to increase my weight above 64, but not possible because every week i get night flow,
Hi do eating fruits for a whole is good for health? Is this helps in reducing weight or any problems will be faced in a future. Please provide the information in detail.
Hello doctor. I want to increase more energy and immunity in my body. As I go to gym n I need energy n stamina. So please suggest me how to build more energy in my body. thank you.
Cancer is the scourge of modern era with increasing cases being reported by a significant percentage of the population with the passage of time. With the ever increasing incidences, the number of patients being treated with chemotherapy is also on the rise. This treatment however, does come with its own disadvantages and although it may be effective in curing cancer, its side effects may render a patient incapable of leading a normal life for the duration of the treatment.
What exactly is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a process by which cancer cells in the body are destroyed with the use of chemical drugs. Although it is an effective form of treatment, it has many side effects as it can affect good cells as well. This is one of the main reasons hair cells may die out temporarily and a person undergoing chemotherapy may lose hair.
Sex and chemotherapy
Although sessions of chemotherapy can damage a person's libido it may be possible to have sex keeping certain precautions in mind. Here are certain possibilities and problems associated with sex while undergoing chemotherapy.
1. It is possible to have sex while undergoing chemotherapy, if the concerned doctor says that it won't harm the patient in any way.
2. If your doctor says you can have sex then you are in the clear, but it is very important to gauge the situation yourself along with your doctor and go ahead only if chemotherapy is successful.
1. The main problem is that the patient may not have the energy or the desire to have sex as chemotherapy can be taxing on the body. However, if you want to and the doctor says it won't cause problems, you can go ahead with it.
2. Usually doctors ask patients to abstain from sex if the cancer being treated is within the genitalia. Friction during sex may cause issues within the organs and only, if proper healing has occurred should the patients consider sex.
3. Certain types of chemotherapy may change the lining of the vaginal walls and thus make them more prone to injury during vaginal sex and thus should be abstained from. Also with chemotherapy, the white blood cell count tends to be reduced within the body and this may leave it vulnerable to bacterial infections which may come from the partner during sex.
Moreover, It is advisable not to conceive while receiving chemotherapy, whether the cancer is with the man and most definitely when it is with the woman. Chemotherapy may cause acute imbalances within the body and may seriously affect the development of the baby and especially the mother, if she has cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 26 years old (female. My height is very less (4 feet) weight (50) kg s! M not under treatment! Are there any chances of growing tall. Can you please suggest me with any tablets?
I have fat in my body cause I had many drips. I wanna reduce this fat. What should I do for reduce the fat?
Dr. Vandana Verma talks about overcoming Obesity