Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Manjeera SanyalYour feedback matters!
I had undergone c section one year ago. Since then I had put so much weight on the abdomen as well as thighs. How to get rid of these and get back to normal.
I am an Physically challenged Person, i use a wheel chair to move around i am getting fat day by day. How can i reduce my weight, my belly and my chest?
I have some issues with my digestive system. I don't feel hungry all day long. And when I eat my stomach starts feeling upset. And if I took any heavy diet like chicken, than it become so messy. I feel so uncomfortable for more than welcome days. Kindly suggest me what can I do.
My father is coughing from last 1 month im very worried of tuberculosis there is no any other symptoms often. Due to this I'm in depression can not eat properly I don't want that my father has to suffer from tb. Cause I knot the side effects of antibiotics taken for tb. What to do 1 week ago we taken them to doctor they just given tablet and syrup.
I am 42 Female, heavy on by breast and tummy. Please advise how to reduce breast fat, as it's becoming a big issue. I way 82 kg, Height 165 cm. Most of my fat is on my breast and tummy.
I am a 25 year old male software employee. I need to gain weight my present weight is just 47kg. Even I used to eat large meals. Still am not gaining weight. Please suggest any tonics or medicines.
I feel sleepy even during day time. Sometimes, even I when sleep enough in the night, even those I feel tired and sleepy, do advice me on this?
My age is 22 years and my weight is 47 kilograms. I am too lean. Is it safe for my health. What should I do? What do you reckon to me?
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference in the long-term and on a sustainable basis. Presently, it is used by over 200 million people. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high in dosage. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
Following are the 7 myths about homeopathy:
- Training: It is a major myth that homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on pathology, anatomy and other fields like materia medica and homeopathic philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. However, the fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Unscientific medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on periodic tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in cases where there is ultimate need of manual intervention where medicinal action is not suggestive eg: fractures, appendicitis, large tumors, etc.
- No proof of efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame. It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
I am suffering from Diabetics from last 5 years. Can I do FS and PP tests once in a quarter if the readings for monthly test varies between 83 to 97 and 123 to 147 respectively.
I take 3 tbsp of sugar with milk everyday. Is it harmful? With sugar I also take 1 tbsp of bornvita, as regular milk is yuck.
I want to loose my weight around 10kg my weight increasing how to I loose my weight give me some tips about it.
I'm breastfeeding my child. My tooth have severe pain. The decay is long hole connected with gums. I have fever and headache also. I take only dolo 650 for dentist advised. Dr. said temporary filling for 6 months then we start the root canal treatment. I think my teeth, if I do temporary filling, my pain will be reduce? My baby 3 month he is premature. Kindly advise.
Mother is the first Teacher, guardian , Protector of a child. Rightly Said'. the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world'. our Mom taught us the art of healthy eating at an very early age. we all siblings relishes , enjoys , eats different variety and tastes of food items. So this recipe is Directly from My MOM's Kitchen smile emoticon
You will know that How a simple IDLI with Calorie Filled Chutney can be made into a very Nutritious, Creative , and Low calorie healthy SNACK..
Colorful Veg Rawa idly
2 cup rvaa (suji)
2 cup curd
Salt for taste
1 Capsicum (sharply chopped)
1/2 cup cauliflower (chopped)
1/4 cup green peas
2 green chillis (chopped)
1 inch ginger (chopped)
1 tsp channa dal
1/2 tsp mustard leaves
Whisk the curd and add rawa, Whisk the MIX very well, so that lumps are not formed. Now add water and salt into it along with chopped vegetables, ginger, green chilli and coriander leaves. Leave the side mixture for 15-20 minutes. Now add baking soda into the mixture after 20 minutes and mix well. Pour 2 cup water into the cooker and put it on the heat. Grease the idli stand with little oil and pour the mixture in each blocks. Now place this stand into the cooker. Close the lid of the cooker and the whistle from it. Within 8-10 minutes the idli will get properly steamed from inside. You can easily make 10-12 idli at one time depending on the size of the idli stand. Check the idli with the fork. If it comes out clean then the idli is ready to serve. Take out the stand from the cooker and let it cool down. Take out the idli's from the stand and put them on the plate. Serve the Veg Rawa Idli with chutney
Channa Curry leave chutney
2 to 3 tbsp. Chana Roasted
8 large sprigs of curry leaves
1 small piece of ginger or garlic
¼ tsp. cumin
2 to 3 Red chills or green chilies
Lemon juice or tamarind as wish
Salt as needed
Oil 1 tsp
½ tsp mustard seed
Soak tamarind in little warm water Blend Roasted Chana, Curry leaves, Ginger, Garlic, Cumin powder, Green chilli and Tamarind everything together with enough water. Heat a tsp oil, add mustard seeds when it sputters, pour the seasoning on the chutney. curry leaves chutney is ready to serve.In 5 min you have a tasty low calorie High Protein Chutney ready..
What type of health precautions should be taken while doing night shift ? How should be our appetite?
Hello doc I am 47 years old . All my tests pertaining to health are normal. But recently I get burning sensation while passing urine pls advise.
Milk is nutritious, but sometimes, avid dieters shrink away from consuming milk. It is generally believed that the fat content in milk hinders weight loss. On the contrary, milk has a lot of benefits.
Here are some facts you need to remember before you say no to milk:
- Nutrients and milk: Particularly, milk is an excellent source of zinc, vitamin B, protein and most importantly, calcium. So when you ditch milk in your crusade of weight loss, you skip out on calcium, the mineral primarily responsible for good bone health. Some studies suggest that calcium can actually add to weight loss, but this needs more research to back it up.
- Health and milk: Previously milk did get a bad reputation when it was linked as a supposed cause of stroke and heart attack. But a recent study produced a result which proved the complete opposite, milk can actually prevent stroke and heart attack! According to research, milk can actually lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Muscles and milk: Milk contains whey and casein protein, both of which are high-quality proteins if you are looking to build muscles. Whey is a fast protein (gets digested faster) while casein is a slow protein (gets digested slowly). Your body gets a good and healthy supply of proteins when you consume milk, so don’t write it off just yet.
- Fat and milk: As mentioned before, calcium can cause your body to burn fat. There is research pending on it, but the preliminary results suggest that dieters shouldn’t skip out on milk. You might argue that you can just consume calcium supplements in that case. However, it has been discovered that other milk proteins to add to fat burning, which you cannot get from supplements. Milk is good for you, but it isn’t a miracle weight loss food. So yes, you will need to follow a healthy diet as drinking a glass of milk with a couple of doughnuts will not help you at all.
So, milk is not all evil as people think it to be. It could be good for your weight loss plan. And the best way to incorporate milk into your weight-loss diet is to consume the low-fat skimmed milk variant than the whole fat milk as you get 90 calories from one cup of skimmed milk as compared to 150 calories from whole milk with nearly the same protein and calcium content. This way you get the best of milk without worrying about the fat in it plus an extra fat loss of 1 kg (9000 calories) from 150 cups over the time with a saving of 60 calories in each cup. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.