Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Manas SenYour feedback matters!
I have diabetes since 4 months, my parrents also have diabetes. Doctor prescribed me to take insulin 32/26 when my sugar level is 465. Now sugar level is 80. Now I am taking insulin 8/6, I want to stop insulin what should I do ?
I'm pregnant since three months but I continue to get my menstruation. I have ask the doctor he tell me that some woman is like that. And you what do you think about this?
Respected Doctor. Recently I heard a lot about Green Coffee which is a wright loss tablet and completely Ayurveda Herbal product it says. And honestly speaking I don't like much of exercise nor can do a diet. So when I saw this add on Internet and as it said 100% herbal I wanted to order it. But before ordering I would like to know if any side affects with the medicines I'm using. Because 2 months back doctors said I had Thyroid and my TSH is 19.32 and I'm taking Thyronorm 25 mcg everyday morning on empty stomach. I don't have any other health problems as I did a complete health check up and doctor said everything is fine but only TSH is 19.32 for which he gave Thyronorm 25 mcg. So Doctor please I request you to once see the ingredients listed in Green Coffee tablets on suchita Green Coffee website and kindly let me know if I can take it or no as I'm taking Thyronorm 25 mcg. Will it react with Thyronorm or is it safe to take. I know Doctors are against weight loss tablets and advice weight loss through healthy food and regular exercise but as I already mentioned I'm not into much of exercise or diet. So please read the ingredients of Green Coffee and advice if I can use or no. Thanking you.
I am getting tired these days with small efforts and I am only 29 years old. Can you please help to know why it is happening as these age people have good stamina and what to eat and what no to eat in this case.
My age is 44 year my height is 5.6 fit, my weight is about 74 kg. i want to loose weight about 60 kg, how i can do?
I am 30 Year old and I am suffering from more weight my body and Piles problem can I do for reducing the weight any suggestion please give me about piles.
My age 29. My height 5.1. My current weight 65Kg. What will be my Ideal weight. I have irregular Periods and heavy hair fall. But no Thyroid. How will I lose my weight and grow my Hair. I do not have much hairs in my scalp.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities