Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Manas SenYour feedback matters!
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.
My mom she suffering from White Jaundice & medicine given is Omez, Advil, tab hepapanz, liv52. But she is getting very bad smell of water & cnt consume it. please help Age of the patient: 65 Years, Patient's gender: Female More details about the presenting complaint: Bad smell of water and she can not drink water & as per report blood level is low. And she is very weak now. Kindly suggest what to eat if she eat roti than unable to digest it becomes heavy for her. Her health is becoming weaker and weaker. Current medications: Omez, Adliv, hepapanz, tab liv 52.
Hi I am 25 years male , my height is 6 and weight is 65 kg. I look lean. My face is too skinny and please suggest how to increase my face weight .I would like to get good cheeks .please help.
I am 43 year old male, I am suffering diabetics since last 23 year. What kinds of physical exercises suitable for me.
I am a student and I want to gain weight and get a bit healthier. So please suggest me with some tips.
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years. My weight has gone up from 75 kg to 80 kg. I want to lose weight please help.
Abdominal muscles play a very important role in supporting our spine from front. There is a muscle called transverse abdominal muscle which is different from the six pack muscles. This lower abdominal muscle can be strengthened in simple ways.
1. Active sitting
When watching tv or waiting for appointments, at bus stops, train station etc do these simple exercises. Sit up straight. Now draw your belly button in towards your chest but do not hold your breath. Count till five and relax. Repeat this 10 to 15 times.
2. Static abdominal exercise
When laying down flat draw your tummy muscles in and feel the arch in your back flatten. Do not hold breath. Just count till five and relax. Repeat 10-15 times.
3. Cycle in air
When laying down flat (on bed or yoga mat) lift both your legs up in air (your legs should be at 90 degrees. Now try to cycle in air for 10 rounds. Relax and repeat 5 times.
4. Cat and camel pose
Get on your hands and knees. Draw in your tummy muscles and hunch your back without holding your breath. (camel pose) hold five seconds.
Relax and get a curve in low back (cat pose). Wait for five seconds. Repeat this cat and camel pose 10-15 times.
Please check with your doctor if you can try these exercises safely.