Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Manas SenYour feedback matters!
My mother, age 49 is suffering from Systemic lupus erythromatosis for past 13 tears or so. Atleast our doctor has diagnosed that. She is better now for most of the time. But she is weak most of the time. Her bone strength seems to decrease. She also easily get angry. Have mood swings and I think she also suffers from anxiety. Is it the side effects of the disease or just because of medicines. Also can anybody suggest a diagnosis so that I can check if she really suffering from SLE. For just cross checking.
Hi I am 20 years old and I am underweight. So please suggest me some syrup for increase my hunger level.
I am obessing a lot these days before I used to be lean so I request you to give me suggestions to loose weight.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
My brother is so weak, but he eats very well and takes healthy food. What is the reason for being weak?
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.