Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y TondonYour feedback matters!
I am 48 yr old. After I brush in the morning and eat biscuits. My teeth pain. I mean the inner teeth which we use to chew on both sides. This pain will not be there when I eat breakfast say at 9.30 am. Please suggest.
Doctor mera ek teeth pe caping karvaya hai maine 10-15 day hue honge aur abhi mai agar water piti hu to mujhe vaha par dard hota hai.
My saliva in mouth gets filled up while sleeping in night and flows over pillow past several years. Request you to provide every possible remedy.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Whenever I eat chocolate, I will have pain in my teeth. Otherwise I don't have, while doing brush, everyday I will get blood.
I have a clicking sound problem in my right side jaw, can you please tell me that is it a major problem? I am waiting for your answer. Thanks.
My left maxillary central incisor is displaced and it seems that the the teeth is gradually coming forward and gap has been formed between both side of the teeth. Today I consulted a local doctor and after having x-ray of teeth, it is found it is due to bone loss. Doctor told me that the teeth has to be removed .I mean really afraid and confused. Please give any good suggestion.
- Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of the tooth and prevent the build-up of plaque
- A diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fresh fruit and vegetables can help to prevent gum disease
- Eating and drinking naturally weakens the enamel on your teeth, and brushing straight afterwards can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. It is best not to brush your teeth until at least one hour after eating
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva to help prevent your mouth from drying out
- If you are a nervous patient, make sure your dentist knows this, including what you most dislike about treatment
- To test if you have bad breath, simply lick the inside of your wrist, let it dry and sniff. If the smell is bad, you can be fairly sure you have bad breath
- Always tell your dentist about changes to your health, as it may help them prevent gum disease from developing
- A glass of water is the best drink to give your child after eating sugary foods
- Brush your teeth just before you go to bed and before you have anything to eat or drink at breakfast
- Use a mouthwash containing anti-bacterial to help control gum disease.