Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. V VinayakiaYour feedback matters!
I am having left side chest pain with palpitations. Some times pain goes into left arm. I have done all tests eg TMT. Ecg, usg, lipid profile which all came normal. I feel burning stomach with acidity some times. I am non alcoholic but smoker.
I'm a 47 years old male. Notwithstanding that myself being a complete teetotaller, I'd heart-attack when I was only 30 years old & suffered myocardial infarction. Last year my condition got so very deteriorated that I had to undergo a Heart-Transplant surgery at Chennai & recuperating since then. For first 7 months post this surgery, I was put on a steroid Wysolone-5 mg OD. However, this resulted in a weight gain of 10-12 Kgs until now, more particularly around my belly. Kindly advise me diet plan with a set of must-do exercises, which'll help me reduce my stomach pinch! Please note that I'm off the Wysolone drug now, but I'm still put on a very high dose of immuno-suppressants! Also, please advise if weight lifting would help? Please oblige Regards: Adv. Prasad Kulkarni Attorneys at Law.
Want to do to control high bp What to eat to reduce jaundice What to do to go of black spots on face.
I am a person with 42 years of age, suffering from premature ejaculation. And weight about 102 kg with 5.8 ft height. Little problem of cholesterol & hypertension.
He is suffering for hearing problems and there is always tingling problems near ear as he is suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure.
I am 48 years old female taking medicine for BP & Thyroid. My blood test report is as follows.. Hemoglobin-11. Hematocrit-35.8 ESR-24 Cholesterol HDL 37 DIRECT LDL Cholesterol 140 CHOL/HDL Ratio 5.4 LDL/HDL RATIO 3.8 HYDROXYVITAMIN D 21.20 HBA1C 5.4 Pl. Advise this report need any medication?
I am 28 year guy and I am sufering from heart palpitation or rapid heart rate, high pulse rate, sometime it mid chest tightens, shortness of breath, ecg. Bp, sugar, lipid profile, lift, thyroid are normal, my local doctor say its gerd. Sm say panic attack. I am taking rabidoc it bbf and atrolip 10 mg hs, metlar 12.5 relieve this symptom. But it may decrease bp. Serum iron is 38. Suggest medicine, diagnosis.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.