Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V S PoddarYour feedback matters!
My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for going on 9 months now and we have only had a couple of miscarriages in the process. Currently, I am having some pregnancy symptoms as I have been having since last month. However tests showed up negative and I got my period. My period was light for 2 days and it seemed to only be spotting. But then it got darker for the next couple of days and then light again. I only passed 2 blood clots and never used an entire pad except one. My period is over since 2 days ago and yet I am still having pregnancy symptoms such as food aversions, sore nipples and breasts, nausea as well. I'm not sure what to think when tests always show up negative. The way I found out about my miscarriages were through periods that came late and lasted 2-3 weeks long. One of which I was 2-3 weeks late and then I passed a pink ball" clot" What's going on with me now that I'm still having symptoms after my period? I'm not ovulating yet.
We have seen that many people complain of having trouble after taking particular fruits, it's just because they take something else with fruits which make them feel uncomfortable.
Hi I am 25 year old software professional. I am having 4 year relationship with a girl. My question Is anal sex good? I mean safe?
I am 18 year old girl and last month me and my boyfriend do unprotected sex. After 7 days I got period on my actual date but this month I can not get period. I have already taken a pregnancy test but in afternoon but it was negative? Now what can I do? Is I am pregnant 5?
I wanted to have sex with wife daily but she is not interested and she tells lets have weekly once how do I deal this so that she have daily with me.
I am 20 years old suffering from underweight problem. Currently my weight is just 33 and I also don't feel hungry I am not able to eat even twice a day sometimes. I have tried few home remedies and also some protein drinks but none of them helped me to gain weight. I also suffer irregular menstrual cycle. How can I gain weight and stay healthy?
Muje thyriod or pcod prblm h Agr mai treatment k sath methi Dana powder (with out roasted) daily normal water yaa warm water k sath leti hu to isse meri body pr kya kya effect pad sakte h. M apna weight loss krna chahti hu to kya ye effective rahega mere liye.
I am 30 weeks pregnant having O-ve blood group with 10.2 hemoglobin. Weight is 72 kg height 160 cm. Please advise me the natural diet and supplements.
My HCG-BETA level is 7.37mIU/ml. I am I pregnant. My FSH is 132 on 2015 my doctor says at that time its menopause.
I am 25 years old female . I have a long lasting problem of irregular menstruation since after my puberty . Initially when I bleed it was going ok for almost a year after that a pause of 5 or 6 months occurred then it bleed so everyone even my mom said its normal it happens being at an early stage of life . Who knew that it will take a disastrous phase as such. After that the problem started irregular menses sometimes a gap of 7 or 8 months occur and it never bleed until I take medicine or go to a doctor . It is a girl like me that I have been going under continuous treatment since then but still my problem is the same. In the starting I temporarily took a homeopathic treatment but the doctor said that this is a hormonal problem and it can not be cured but he prescribed me some medicine to let it bleed. After that I went to homeopathic doctor and spent there some 5 to 6 months but wasn't satisfied. After that I went for a bigger homeopathic doctor, this time I was 16 years of age and there I had a long treatment of about 5 years. Here also my problem was not cured completely , every time when I take medicine tgen only it bleeds and sometimes even after having medicines it got irregular then the doctor changes the medicine and then I bleed. There also sometimes a long gap of 5 to 6 months happened somehow and I got so disappointed. However I continued my treatment and after sometime I got through a Unani Hakim and tried tp give it a chance. He assured me that cases like this used to come to me and he had solved each and every case. I got some hope and started treatment there. His medicines were quite costly but I did not give up. And I sticked there for almost 3 years. His medicines were quite effective but my problem was like what to say. I gave up my treatment there and somehow there developed a feeling inside me that there is no doctor in this world who can cure me I will have to rely on medicines for a vast phase of my life. After that I again went to halopathy, this time a bigger doctor he asked to have some test and USG of lower abdomen. Then after going through the reports he told me that there are cyst inside there and that is the reason for the irregular menstruation. Anyhow he again told me the same thing there is no particular medicine for it you need to exercise, lose weight and have light diet etc. After that I heard of a very nice homeopathic doctor and he is an expert in solving critical cases. Now I have decided that whatever happens this will be my final doctor whether good or bad I will stick to him and now I am undergoing his treatment since 1 and a half year. His medicines are effective and he somehow assures me that tbe problem will be solved definitely but now after seeing such complications I doubt this line but anyways keeping an optimistic approach towards life, hoping to get well soon. By the way if you have any solution to my problem then do send me the details. Thank you.
I am 23 years old female and I have facial hairs on my chin area. Also my periods are irregular. Please suggest me something. Thanks.
I am girl. I have bigger nose and very wide between two eyes. And my ear is very away from my face. So I need reshape my ear and nose. So what is solution for this surgery.
When cells of tissues that are usually found lining the inside cavity of the uterus, start growing outside the organ, for eg over the ovaries/ fallopian tubes/ urinary bladder etc. it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, heavy bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
A small step today. A big impact tomorrow. Stay healthy:)
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advise. What is best solution? 1. Kiya mujhe normal delivery se children ho sake hai? 22. Cystic mass se mujhe or mere children ko koiy big problem to nahi hai? 3. Agar finally cystic mass ko Operation se nikalna pada to bina kisi lost ke ye ho sake hAi. 4. Cycle mass ko nikalne par main dobara pregnant ho sakti hau? please give me top priority and best advice. Thanks you.
What is the solution if a small part of uterus comes out through vagina and creates problem for urine excretion? Please advise.
A healthy body is a resource to a healthy mind. If we are not healthy, then we would be unable to perform any activity without help. It is also a known fact that everything is associated with energy. When our body lacks the energy, then the body cannot function at its full potential. So it is important to maintain your health.
But in today’s mechanical life, it has become really difficult to maintain health. Improper food habits, weak immune system, and busy lifestyle, all lead to multiple health problems like stress and other diseases. There are many ways to maintain a good health and can be achieved following some steps.
Follow a good diet
Make healthy habits
Avoid drinking and other habits affecting the body organs
Maintain healthy weight consuming protein enriched food
Avoid overweight that leads to multiple health problems like sugar, blood pressure etc.
Exercise daily to rejuvenate your body muscles and to maintain a healthy body
Limit usage of unwanted tanning creams and sun exposure
Practice safe sex
All the above listed are some measures which should be taken to maintain a healthy and robust health. A healthy body is also associated with a proper metabolism. These will indirectly give you high energy to handle things in life. Always ensure that your diet is loaded with essential nutrients and minerals for an active life. Make sure to have natural and boiled vegetables daily. Along with vegetables, it is highly important to have fruits enriched with proteins and vitamins.
A healthy diet can be maintained in many ways. But it is advisable to consult a doctor for following a proper diet. A healthy body will have a better immune system which protects the body from the attack of different diseases. Having regular exercise is one of the best methods to maintain good health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.