Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uttam Kumar Samanta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Uttam Kumar SamantaYour feedback matters!
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
I am suffering from eye pain from last 2 years. I go to eye specialist, no effect. Change my doctor. Use specs. But still my problem is not solve.
My mother she is 41 years old, is having" white cataract" and also" black cataract" in" same eye" with pressure of something 19/11. But she want to treat both with medicine (ayurveda, homeopathy, anyone) only. So is there any medicine which can do so?
Good evening. Meri eyes m problem ho rahi h .jab bji m mobile use krta hu. To aankh m dard hone lagta h.or baar baar jhabkni padti h aankh fir relif milta h. Eyes test karayi to doctor ne sahi btaya h.
I work for a night shift in a BPO. I wanted to know how many hours of sleep is most and what diet would make me more healthy. I also wanted to know what eye glasses can be used as I continuously work on a computer for 8 hours will that harm my eyes.
I am suffering from dry scaly eyelids for so many years. I remember once I went to doctor and he prescribed some ointment and it got reduced. But now days it started again. And its really hard to remove those flakes. What should I do. Any ointments for it to remove? Or make it soft. It should go by one simple wash.
I have 1.5 number in my both eyes. But I do not like to wear glasses. Can I go for operation? I have cylindrical number too. What should I do?
What are the signs and symptoms of friedreich's ataxia. And please explain the defect in chromosome number 9. And please describe both symptoms and signs with suitable diagrams. And. Available treatment.
I am 17 year old boy And I am become habitual of playing game and watching tv. After some time my e6es got sharp red and starts paining, I use my eye tubes preferred by doctors, tablets and many more but still my eyes become red. What to do Please help me.
Mother is 83, Diabetic, diagnosed with Hyper Mature Cataract condition. Seek a surgical solution to restore her eyesight asap. Please advise.
Sir I am suffering from severe headache from last few days. Not able to do any work properly. Eyes start watering while studying or doing any work on laptop or watching television. Sometimes eyes become red. Please suggest me proper treatment so that I can become healthy again. Please reply as soon as possible.
Some of my friends say that wearing specs lead to an increase in number and my elders say that not wearing specs does the same so who of them is correct I am confused.
Sir my daughter 6 years old had been detected with -3 cylindrical power in one eye and the other eye is 0.she is wearing specs now sir what can be done to improve his eyesight and to remove her specs.
I love to play cricket & I was a good batsman. Bt I'm having some problems with my eyes from last 2-3 years. I can't see well in sun & wind. A doctor told me that I don't have any problem with my eye power but I have allergy & advised me'Andreplus' eye drop. Is it enough for my treatment? Can I play cricket again?
Hi, I am a 26 year old man working as a software engineer. I have a problem lazy eye on my left eye. It moving more to the left side. There is a wound on that eye, it happened when I was five year old playing some game and by a stick it happened. Because of the wound vision is not proper on that eye. I can since light, movements and I can count the figures also but could not identify face or read by using the left eye. Is there any way to cure the lazy eye issue?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"