Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha JasaniYour feedback matters!
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"
Last month me n my wife had sex n I just put penis little inside and we both masturbated together. I did cum on her pussy, so we were afraid that she s pregnant. So she took an ipill before 24 hours. She got her period 7 days later as per her normal period n bleeding was less. This month she got periods on expected date and Again very less. Is it any signs of Pregnancy? She s getting little bleeding. Her chums is not happening as usual! please help. She is too worried.
Hi I am 22 years old, I am suffering from pcos problem past 1 year but havent been treated properly. I have consulted both gynecologist and an endocrinologist to leave no doors closed. Can someone please guide if pcos/pcod is a gyn or an endocrine related issue?
Me and my wife had unprotected intercourse and taken ipill with in 24 hours of time hence we are not ready for children as of now but can we continue unprotected sex after having the tablet and is there any risk of pregnancy if so please tell me what we can do instead (as I am aware that there will be more side effects for daily control pil) but we like to continue having sex (due to my partner wish) please advice can we proceed like wise.
Hello sir, thank you for responding to the question I had asked. And sir I had got my periods yesterday, n mine is a 30 days cycle n ovulation around 8 or 9 of every month. Can you please suggest if I would hav a chance even now?
Natural fast food consists of eating fruits, vegetables, milk products, sprouts and sattu. On the contrary, unnatural fast food, also called as junk food, is bad for the health of the heart as it is made up of refined ?bad? carbohydrates and either animal ?bad? fat or trans fats.
Sattu is a grounded roasted powder of soaked pulses and cereals. It is consumed along with fruit slices, gur or milk. Green chili, lemon juice and salt can be added to add flavor.
The commonest form of sattu is grounded roasted black gram or chana. Other common variety is grounded roasted black gram with barley.
Originally, sattu was made of seven Anaja (7 cereals, millets and pulses). The seven ingredients are maize and barley (cereals), black gram, pigeon gram or Arhar, green pea, khesari dal and kulath dal (pulses).
Sattu is a high fiber diet with low sugar producing properties. It is a cooling and refreshing fast food with anti-diabetic and anti?obesity properties.
It is a full breakfast, mid day or lunch meal and contains minerals and vitamins.
Sattu drink can be sweetened by adding gur or honey, sour by adding lemon and salted by adding black or rock salt. Roasting is one of the best forms of cooking. Sattu is both a fast food and a soft drink for the summer but healthy.
The so?called energy drinks available in the market are harmful as they contain three times the caffeine content of coffee or tea.
Sir my wife has sugar of 260 is there any chance that our baby get diabetes during pregnancy. Now she is not pregnant.
Sweating is a normal function of the body, but some people sweat so much that their clothes are often drenched in sweat. Hyperhidrosis is a condition where the amount of sweat produced by the sweat glands cannot be regulated. It is characterized by excessive sweating commonly seen in the underarms, palms and soles. This disorder can affect a person at any age and if left untreated, can become a lifelong condition. Though this condition is not a serious threat to your health, it can be quite embarrassing and can hamper your lifestyle.
In many cases, there is no obvious trigger for Hyperhidrosis, and it is caused by the malfunctioning of the nervous system. This is known as primary Hyperhidrosis. Sweat is a function which helps the body cool itself. In cases of primary Hyperhidrosis, the brain sends a message to the sweat glands to produce sweat even though the body does not need to be cooled. A genetic mutation may also be the cause for some cases of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis with obvious trigger factors is known as secondary Hyperhidrosis. While primary Hyperhidrosis mostly affects the underarms, groin, palms and soles, secondary Hyperhidrosis can affect all parts of the body. Some of the common triggers for this condition are:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication side effects
- Alcohol or drug withdrawal
- Parkinson’s disease
Hyperhidrosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat. Lifestyle changes are the easiest way to address this disorder. Some changes that can help you fight Hyperhidrosis are:
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol
- Replace deodorants with antiperspirants
- Choose cotton fabrics over synthetic fabrics
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Try using armpit shields and wearing absorbent socks.
Anticholinergic or antimuscarinic medicines can also help treat Hyperhidrosis. This keeps the nervous system from activating the sweat glands. Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, abdominal cramps and difficulty in passing urine are some of the side effects associated with this medication. Iontophoresis is a more aggressive form of Hyperhidrosis treatment. This involves passing a weak electric current through a wet pad to the affected area to block the sweat glands. It is usually used to treat excessive sweating in the palms and soles.
Botox injections can also help treat Hyperhidrosis by blocking the brain signals to the sweat glands. However this is not a permanent cure and may need to be repeated after a year or so. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or a surgery to remove the sweat glands may also be recommended in extreme cases of Hyperhidrosis. This is usually seen as a permanent solution for excessive sweating, but are relatively new procedures and hence not very common. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
When you travel in an airplane or just come out of the swimming pool, your ears may sometimes block up and even be painful. This is what is known ear barotrauma and is caused by pressure differences inside and outside the ear drum. Severe cases may cause damage to the ear and impede your hearing.
Symptoms of ear barotrauma: Ear barotrauma usually occurs when the Eustachian tube is blocked due to differences in air pressure. The Eustachian tube is a long narrow tube that runs from the middle of your ear to the pharynx or the back of the throat and is thus very important in relevance to the ear, nose and throat. Thus ear barotrauma can also translate to pain in the ear and throat as well.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Discomfort in the ear, or aggravated pain in extreme cases
- The ears being blocked or full, in severe cases may feel like being underwater
- Temporary hearing loss
- Nose bleeding in severe cases
- Health care providers may see an inward caving or outward bulging in the ear drum. In severe cases, the eardrum may look bruised as well.
- Some severe cases may even exhibit signs typical of an ear infection along with some of the other symptoms mentioned above.
Precautions and self treatment: There are certain steps you can take to either prevent barotrauma or reduce the symptoms, these are:
yawning or gulping. This is very helpful when air pressure differences are caused in cases of travelling by aircraft.
- Inhale slowly and then exhale while your mouth is closed and you are holding your nostrils closed by fingers. This will help increase the pressure within the tube to try and open it forcefully.
- Sucking on candy is another way to prevent barotraumas as you are constantly swallowing and keeping your Eustachian tube from being blocked in the first place.
- Keep a few chewing gums handy and has similar effects on your ears as it forces the Eustachian tube to remain open despite pressure differences.
- After diving or swimming, come out of the water slowly. Scuba divers and deep swimmers need to come up slowly to ensure that the Eustachian tube is given enough time to acclimatize and slowly come back to normal.
Usually, ear barotrauma goes away automatically after sometime and no medications are required. However, if symptoms still persist, it is best to go to a relevant doctor or a health care provider for pain relief and long term solutions.
Hello recently I was hospitalized around 15 days back the reason being an abscess in the ovaries. I had to undergo a laparoscopy, the doctor removed the abscess and kept a drain for two days. I want to know what could be the reason for such abscess is it the cyst which I already had or is it cause of some infection.
Is 72 unwanted pills are safe to take. If we r having any doubt? Is any side effect is there or not. please tell. Very clearly.
I am facing infertility issues and gynae advised me for PCR menstrual blood test. wats PCR Mentrual blood for? I have undergone tube test and they were patent. Do i still need to go for PCR menstrual blood.
I am 35 years old, 5 feet and weight 58 kg. I have a period cycle that fluctuate from 31 days to 22 days to 19 days in the past 6 month .I have been trying to conceive for the past 7 months .Do I need to be concern?
I have 6 months old kid. I'm breastfeeding her. Initially my Dr. Told me to continue calcium and iron tablets till I feed the baby. So I'm planning to continue breastfeeding at least for a year. So till that I need to continue calcium and iron tablets?
I have Pcos and endometriosis diagnosed in 2013. Having difficulty to conceive. Then 2015 had a round of ivf and conceived in 2nd transfer which was a FET. But miscarry after 2 months. Then 2016 had another ivf but did not succeed .had retrieved 25 embroys of which 10 were good. Now I am planning for normal conceiving .what to do.
I am get married in Nov 2016. I want a baby by my wife I try more times a sex with wife but I don't yet result .please how to make pregnant my wife. She is not interests about sex. She is very poor health. What I do?
केसर क्वचित् और दुनिया में सबसे महंगा मसाला है। केसर (क्रोकस सटिविज) को सुनहरा मसाला भी कहा जाता है। यह उसके लाल-सुनहरे रंग की वजह से है। केसर मध्य पूर्व में उत्पन्न हुआ था, लेकिन यह अब ग्रीक, भारतीय और स्पेनिश व्यंजनों के साथ भी जोड़ा जाता है। बुखार, ऐंठन और बढ़े हुए यकृत को कम करने और नसों को शांत करने के लिए केसर का उपयोग लंबे समय से किया गया है।
केसर का लाभ
केसर ज्यादातर खाद्य पदार्थों में उपयोग के लिए जाना जाता है। लेकिन इसमें बहुत महत्वपूर्ण पोषक तत्व और रासायनिक यौगिक हैं जो अनेक चिकित्सा लाभ प्रदान करते हैं, जैसे कि:
1. रोग प्रतिरक्षण: केसर में यौगिकों कूक्रोइन और कॉक्रेटिन होते हैं, जो सीखने, स्मृति प्रतिधारण, याद करने की क्षमता बढ़ा देते है। वे बुखार, फ्लू और सर्दी से बचने के लिए फायदेमंद हैं। केसर ऑक्सीडेटिव तनाव से केंद्रीय तंत्रिका तंत्र को बचाता है और अल्जाइमर और पार्किंसंस से बचाता है।
2. यह अवसादरोधक औषधि है: केसर मे मौजूद त्त्व हमारे दिमाग़ मे रक्त का प्रवाह भदाते है और मनोदशा को सुधार्ता है।
3. एनीमिया से लड़ता है: केसर मे मौजूद लोह शरीर मे हीमोग्लोबिन बढ़ाता है।
4. पाचन गुण: केसर पाचन तंत्र मे रक्त का प्रवाह बढ़ाता है।
5. यह एक कामोत्तेजक है: केसर समय से पहले स्खलन, स्तंभन दोष, नपुंसकता को ठीक करने में मदद करता है इसलिए स्वस्थ यौन जीवन को बनाए रखने में सहायता करता है।
6. गर्भावस्था के दौरान मदद करता है: केसर पैल्विक रक्त प्रवाह को बढ़ाता है। यह ऐंठन, गैस और सूजन दबाने मे भी मदद करता है। यह अवसाद और चिंता को दूर करता है।
7. अनिद्रा के लिए: केसर एक हल्का शामक है जो अनिद्रा और अवसाद का इलाज करने के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है।
8. यह बालों के झड़ने को रोकता है: केसर, नद्यपान और दूध के साथ मिला कर गंजे सर पर लगाया जाए तो यह बाल उगाने मे मदद करता है।
9. दिल का स्वास्थ्य बनाए रखता है: केसर मे मौजूद एंटीऑक्सिडेंट कोलेस्ट्रॉल और ट्राइग्लिसराइड को कम करने में मदद करते है। यह धमनियों मे पट्टिका को निकालता है और एथोरोसलेरोसिस को रोकने में मदद करता है।
10. दृष्टि में सुधार: केसर में कैरोटीनॉयड शामिल होते हैं जो उम्र बढ़ने वाले रोगों जैसे की मैक्यूलर डिएनेरेशन और मोतियाबिंद से रक्षा करते हैं।
11. मसूड़ों के लिए: केसर से मसूड़ों की मालिश करने से मसूड़े मजबूत होते है।
12. कैंसर से बचाता है: सर मे क्रोकिन और सफानाल शरीर में कैंसर-विरोधी और एंटी-मैटेजेनिक गुणों के माध्यम से ट्यूमर के विकास को रोकते हैं। केसर में मौजूद कैरोटीनॉयड में पेटी, जिगर और डिम्बग्रंथि के कैंसर के खिलाफ रसायनोपचार गुण हैं।
13. गठिया लड़ता है: केसर मे सूजन दूर करने के गुण होते हैं जो जोड़ों के दर्द से राहत प्रदान करते हैं, थकान दूर करते हैं और मांसपेशियों की सूजन को कम करते हैं।
14. यह मुँहासे और बाधाओं को ठीक करता है: केसर में मौजूद एंटिफंगल और जीवाणुरोधी सामग्री मुँहासे का इलाज करने में मदद करती है।
इस तरह से यह मानव शरीर पर कुछ अद्भुत प्रभाव डालता है, लेकिन केसर का सेवन निगरानी मे किए जाने की आवश्यकता है। जब अत्यधिक मात्रा में इसका सेवन किया तो काफ़ी नुकसान भी हो सकते है। केसर के कुछ बहुत ही सामान्य साइड इफेक्ट्स में निम्नलिखित शामिल हैं:
1. विषाक्तता: केसर बड़े खुराकों में असुरक्षित है। यह विषाक्तता पैदा कर सकता है। यदि आप निम्न लक्षणों में से कोई भी ध्यान देते हैं, तो आपको तत्काल चिकित्सा ध्यान देना चाहिए:
- मल में खून
- लगातार उल्टी
- चक्कर आना
- मूत्र में रक्त
अत्यधिक खुराक के कारण मृत्यु हो सकती भी है।
2. गर्भावस्था के दौरान अधिक सेवन नहीं करें: केसर का बड़ी मात्रा में सेवन गर्भाशय अनुबंध कर सकता है तत्था यह गर्भपात भी पैदा कर सकता है।
3. एलर्जी: लोगों को शुष्क मुंह, चिंता, चक्कर आना, उनींदापन, मतली, भूख में बदलाव, और सिरदर्द जैसी प्रतिक्रियाओं का अनुभव हो सकता है। हालांकि यह बहुत असामान्य है।